Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Being just slightly too young to see Rougvie in the flesh for us, I was delighted to see him play against the huns in the Masters Tournament several years ago at Braehead Arena.

Hateley was lording it there, lapping up the spastics appreciation everytime he touched the ball.  He rather stupidly went wide towards the hoardings and big Doug followed, Hateley got the ball and tried to turn him, Doug just stood there and Hateley clattered into the boards before falling on his face.

He stood up, looking to square up, Rougvie just stood there laughing at him.  No Dons player went up.  Several huns went up to pull Hateley away.  And the vision of big Rougvie pointing at hateley and saying "I'll fucking have you" will stay with me for a long time.  Hateley gave a matey laugh to Rougvie.. about ten seconds later the ball came to Hateley and big Doug cemented him. We celebrated as if we'd just won the league.

Small pleasures, eh?

Fucking loved that guy!  :lolabove:

Being just slightly too young to see Rougvie in the flesh for us, I was delighted to see him play against the huns in the Masters Tournament several years ago at Braehead Arena.

Hateley was lording it there, lapping up the spastics appreciation everytime he touched the ball.  He rather stupidly went wide towards the hoardings and big Doug followed, Hateley got the ball and tried to turn him, Doug just stood there and Hateley clattered into the boards before falling on his face.

He stood up, looking to square up, Rougvie just stood there laughing at him.  No Dons player went up.  Several huns went up to pull Hateley away.  And the vision of big Rougvie pointing at hateley and saying "I'll fucking have you" will stay with me for a long time.  Hateley gave a matey laugh to Rougvie.. about ten seconds later the ball came to Hateley and big Doug cemented him. We celebrated as if we'd just won the league.

Small pleasures, eh?

Awesome. In every sense of the word.

Small pleasures, eh?

Thanks very much BB, everyone in work now thinks im a bit loopy i laughed so hard reading that

Small pleasures, eh?

:thumbsup:  :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Ridiculous behaviour from Berbatov. And then they go and give him Man of the Match?! He did nothing the rest of the game. What does that say to kids? Take a dive, win a pen, do f'all for the rest of the game and you'll get MOTM the match. Disgraceful.

I can't really argue about Gerrard's red card. Although no more "dangerous" than Rafael's two footed tackle on Meireles seconds earlier.

I thought Giggs and Kelly were the best players on the park. Berbatov?  ::)

At least Torres is well on the road back to fitness...

I can't really argue about Gerrard's red card. Although no more "dangerous" than Rafael's two footed tackle on Meireles seconds earlier.

Huge difference being that Rafael had control of his body throughout, and actually pulled out of it although it did look as though he thought about it. Meireles wasn't in any danger was he as Rafael's studs were always pointing at the ground? 

Not sure how you can say a challenge where someone has not left the ground in the manner Gerrard did is just as dangerous as Gerrard's where he came a couple of feet off the ground and flying into another player with absolutely no control over his body.

Gerrard's foot was never a couple of feet off the ground. Half a foot maybe. It wasn't a good tackle and the red was probably warranted but people are going OTT with how "dangerous" it was.  ::)

TF - It was the ITV guys that decided the MOTM match was Berbatov.

Huge difference being that Rafael had control of his body throughout, and actually pulled out of it although it did look as though he thought about it. Meireles wasn't in any danger was he as Rafael's studs were always pointing at the ground? 

Not sure how you can say a challenge where someone has not left the ground in the manner Gerrard did is just as dangerous as Gerrard's where he came a couple of feet off the ground and flying into another player with absolutely no control over his body.

Exactly.

He's a Liverpool fan though and probably hasn't complained in games where Gerrard and Torres have won motm after diving for penalties. Pot, kettle, black as far as I'm concerned.

Gerrard's foot was never a couple of feet off the ground. Half a foot maybe. It wasn't a good tackle and the red was probably warranted but people are going OTT with how "dangerous" it was.  ::)

TF - It was the ITV guys that decided the MOTM match was Berbatov.

Gerrard's tackle was poor and a red card, it was "dangerous". I was more concerned about how stupid and needless it was, the fact it was a red isn't really for discussion. Captain of the club in a big match doing that? Fanny.

And as for ITV, lumping fuck. :lolabove:

Exactly.

He's a Liverpool fan though and probably hasn't complained in games where Gerrard and Torres have won motm after diving for penalties. Pot, kettle, black as far as I'm concerned.

I'll thank you for not telling me when I have and haven't complained.  ::)

I despise diving. There's no doubt Gerrard's taken a few tumbles. But that's got fuck all to do with the fact that Berbatov dived and won a penalty to win the match. I don't like seeing Gerrard dive.

The clips include some pretty clear fouls too. The one in the CL final for example. Rino clearly catches his foot whilst he's traveling quite fast right in front of goal? Why would he dive when he could have slotted it into the net if he stayed on his feet? Anyway. I'm not saying Gerrard's an angel.