Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next manager

There’s some gossip circulating on private social media posts..

Cormack and Warnock didn’t get on and they fell out after Warnock told him how much of a shit show things were so Warnock said fuck it and left. Allegedly Cormack was interfering with team selection (find this hard to believe) also Warnock felt he was lied to (not sure about what exactly). 

We’ve been turned down by a number of potential managers hence why no one yet appointed. Cormack being a deluded cunt is one of the reasons apparently. 

——

This sounds like it’s come from some one with an axe to grind over Cormack although I can well believe we’ve been turned down by a number of managers. 

5 hours ago, Kowalski said:

There’s some gossip circulating on private social media posts..

Cormack and Warnock didn’t get on and they fell out after Warnock told him how much of a shit show things were so Warnock said fuck it and left. Allegedly Cormack was interfering with team selection (find this hard to believe) also Warnock felt he was lied to (not sure about what exactly). 

We’ve been turned down by a number of potential managers hence why no one yet appointed. Cormack being a deluded cunt is one of the reasons apparently. 

——

This sounds like it’s come from some one with an axe to grind over Cormack although I can well believe we’ve been turned down by a number of managers. 

Was that scott burns or consi? 😂 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/03/28/alan-burrows-update-from-the-ceo/

Been out since early this morning and surprised that nobody has commented upon this.

Read between the lines and we're no fucking closer to making an appointment than we were when the last statement was issued 🙄

We're in the final stages of the final stages of maybe signing Leven until the end of the season.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

We're in the final stages of the final stages of maybe signing Leven until the end of the season.

Or as someone once said we're not at the end, we're not at the beginning of the end but we maybe at the end of the beginning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, manc_don said:

Aye , it doesn’t sound great does it? Hopefully it’s a case of holding and trying not to distract from the county game (which is massive), and close it out next week…he says…

I actually like Leven. I'd be happy for him to see out the season until we get a technical director in place. He seems like quite a calm head, and a nice chap.

12 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I actually like Leven. I'd be happy for him to see out the season until we get a technical director in place. He seems like quite a calm head, and a nice chap.

I agree, it wouldn’t be the worst as long as we don’t feel guilted into making the same mistake (surely not). He has a good aura around him and whilst I’m not expecting major improvements, he seems to know what the team needs.

4 hours ago, manc_don said:

I agree, it wouldn’t be the worst as long as we don’t feel guilted into making the same mistake (surely not). He has a good aura around him and whilst I’m not expecting major improvements, he seems to know what the team needs.

When the tourist was appointed I mind the sportsound team being fairly sure Leven has absolutely no interest in the position, didn't want the pressure.  I can't see any set of results, even a Scottish cup win, getting him the job.  I wouldn't be devastated if he was in till the end of the season but I would much better for that not to be the case.

So not Michael O'Neill then. Never mind. He'll still be a hero as a former player.....

He's probably done well enough out of the whole situation, using Aberdeen to let everyone know he'd be willing to return to club management, teeing himself up for his next championship job. 

We're left with Alex Neil who, strangely, won't answer his phone, and John Hughes, who won't stop phoning. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, redordead said:

They need to resolve this soon. The press are having a field day asking people in jobs if they're interested and funnily enough being told no.

In fairness, Cormack has asked the press to sound them out as he's too embarrassed to ask himself.

I'm expecting the manager to be someone I've never heard of, or someone I'm dead against.

I'd still like to think Stephen Kenny would be in the frame. Good experience, successful in the past, dealt an unlucky hand with Republic of Ireland, currently a free agent.

IMG_0326.thumb.jpeg.af02d6195dd2d4c5a28e1ed27673916b.jpeg

3 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Mainstandmoan saying announcement imminent...and it's also the 1st April....  

The Aberdeen-mad version or the AFC Chat one? Because I'm pretty sure the latter is impersonating the former.

23 minutes ago, Panda said:

The Aberdeen-mad version or the AFC Chat one? Because I'm pretty sure the latter is impersonating the former.

I wondered that,as a former madder myself,so I checked his profile and he's been posting on the hat since '21,and posts as infrequently as the mad MSMoan so possibly is him...

Would just like to clarify that I have ruled myself out of the running to be the next manager. I wash my hair on Saturdays.

If it's John Hughes we might as well fold the club and be done with it. 

Im guessing thats why mainstandmoan(if it is him) had a Swedish flag next to his info.Didnt realise we turned down Thelin in favour of Robson last year 

Another article below the one above saying Rubezic hoping to be back mid April