Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next manager

21 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Perfect. Although he'll be disappointed not to be lifting the trophy at the end of May. 

It means Peter Leven will be the first interim manager since Valdas Ivanauskas in 2006 to win the Scottish Cup.

You can have that for your next pub quiz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Panda said:

It means Peter Leven will be the first interim manager since Valdas Ivanauskas in 2006 to win the Scottish Cup.

You can have that for your next pub quiz.

Obviously Warnock will claim it.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

The Hat version of mainstandmoan maybe worth listening to in future 🇸🇪

That would involve having to go onto the hat.

I'll wait until he finds his way over here. 

• Like 1

As much as I'd like Thelin in charge now so he can begin his magic at Hampden, it makes sense for him to wait until summer.

Big move, uprooting his life from Sweden to Aberdeen, being thrown straight into a huge game v Celtic and working with players he won't know. It didn't do Glass, Goodwin or Warnock any good in the short-term (or long term) taking over a struggling team towards the end of the season. He could have a few early defeats and have fans doubting him early.

Makes sense to move when he's been able to watch from afar and get to know a bit about the team, and come in summer ready to rock and roll.

By all accounts he's very "boring", not one to criticise referees or make outlandish statements. But Henrik Larsson was the same and until now he's the most successful Swede in Scottish football, so I'll take it. 

🇸🇪 🔴

22 minutes ago, Panda said:

By all accounts he's very "boring", not one to criticise referees or make outlandish statements.

🇸🇪 🔴

Fine with this, hopefully we have learned from Warnock why talking out of the correct orifice is more important than the volume you do it at.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Panda said:

That would involve having to go onto the hat.

I'll wait until he finds his way over here. 

I had a brief flirt with it a while back,but what a midden. Viewing only now.

I'd thought Thelin was waiting to make sure we werent relegated first(wouldnt blame him),but sounds promising....

• Like 1

I think I'd rather he was in after the cup final but before the end of the season. We need him to see the squad in a competitive environment so he knows who to cut this summer. Waiting for the off-season is no good imo.

Think i'm happy enough with this, but i'll be honest, I don't know much about him. He's something different.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

By all accounts he's very "boring", not one to criticise referees or make outlandish statements

Fuck sake. Exactly what we don't need. A raving nutcase who throws his weight around when we lose is what the fans want. 

Can only assume Lennon was asking for too much.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

I think I'd rather he was in after the cup final but before the end of the season.

The only game after the cup final is the relegation play-off 😬 

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

We need him to see the squad in a competitive environment so he knows who to cut this summer. Waiting for the off-season is no good imo..

I'm sure he'll be watching every game. If anything, if I was an Elfsborg fan I'd be annoyed as his focus will be elsewhere, but I'm sure he'll see plenty of the Dons. They've got dodgy fire sticks in Sweden don't they?

NB: Breaking news tonight is that Thelin is pronounced Te-leen, with the emphasis on leen. I find if you say it out loud that way you can't help but sound Swedish.

You just said it out loud didn't you?

In fine with June the 1st, it's not like he won't have done his homework prior to stepping through the door and have a good idea of what he's working with.  Don't be surprised if it is earlier though, sometimes squads don't react well to the knowledge the manager is moving on soon.  It may be they decide to take their new management team in a bit earlier if so.  

I like the sound of this guy I have to say. My suspicion is that boring is paper talk for calm and calm is good. Derek Rae was saying nice things about him on twitter last week and I see that as a fairly solid endorsement.  All in though, assuming it doesn't fall through of course, isn't it nice to have a wee bit of light appearing at the end of this fucking miserable tunnel? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Panda said:

The only game after the cup final is the relegation play-off 😬 

I'm sure he'll be watching every game. If anything, if I was an Elfsborg fan I'd be annoyed as his focus will be elsewhere, but I'm sure he'll see plenty of the Dons. They've got dodgy fire sticks in Sweden don't they?

NB: Breaking news tonight is that Thelin is pronounced Te-leen, with the emphasis on leen. I find if you say it out loud that way you can't help but sound Swedish.

You just said it out loud didn't you?

In all honesty, I’m preparing for the worst. But yeah, I meant the semi 😂 clocks changing this week has proper fucked me in the mornings. 

as tlg says, nice to maybe see some light at the end of the tunnel? Please, please, please, cormack, don’t fuck this up and leave everyone to do their jobs. Apart from Gunn. Leave him anywhere but pittodrie or cormack park. Ta.

7 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

"He also stressed a lot that we don't call substitutes just substitutes because they are decisive. And true enough, his substitutes decided many games. I don't think it was a coincidence."

I think I love him.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

"He also stressed a lot that we don't call substitutes just substitutes because they are decisive. And true enough, his substitutes decided many games. I don't think it was a coincidence."

I think I love him.

Aye that caught my eye as well Rico.  I think we can defo safely say we are not getting more of the same with this guy 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

Not sure some of our previous managers were even aware they had substitutes.

And in the case of Robson at home v PAOK, when he did, he royally fucked the team and the flow of the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

We need a new manager in now, not June. If the club has any ambition for silverware this season they should be moving hell and earth to get somebody in asap. 

If it’s thelin then I don’t see elfborg waiting until June to replace him, if they can get someone in sooner which they’d prefer we get our guy sooner. But if Dave has his way he’ll let elfsborg keep jimmy until October as they conduct a review.