Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next manager

1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

We need a new manager in now, not June. If the club has any ambition for silverware this season they should be moving hell and earth to get somebody in asap. 

Moving hell and earth to get someone in for a few days in the hope that he might manage to get this bunch of players to get lucky in the subsequent game against the Tims? I'd prefer the club to remain on this planet in terms of realism. We might get lucky in a one off game against the Tims (I actually think that we will), but it won't be because of a new manager. 

• Like 3

On 13/04/2024 at 16:28, RicoS321 said:

Moving hell and earth to get someone in for a few days in the hope that he might manage to get this bunch of players to get lucky in the subsequent game against the Tims? I'd prefer the club to remain on this planet in terms of realism. We might get lucky in a one off game against the Tims (I actually think that we will), but it won't be because of a new manager. 

Curious to the optimism of this game vs Celtic. You’ve said it more than once too and, over the last week in particular, we’ve been piss poor against weaker teams. While this isn’t the best Celtic of recent years they’re still a handy bunch. Nothing in our performances of late tell me a shock is on the cards. Someone posted we’re the second worst team in the league at the moment, 3 league wins and 2 cup wins in 2024 doesn’t fill me with confidence against our league leaders. Why so optimistic?

8 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Curious to the optimism of this game vs Celtic. You’ve said it more than once too and, over the last week in particular, we’ve been piss poor against weaker teams. While this isn’t the best Celtic of recent years they’re still a handy bunch. Nothing in our performances of late tell me a shock is on the cards. Someone posted we’re the second worst team in the league at the moment, 3 league wins and 2 cup wins in 2024 doesn’t fill me with confidence against our league leaders. Why so optimistic?

A cocktail of drink and drugs would be my guess. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

It's all about feelings. I can feel it. Gut etc. 

In other words, shite.

11 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

IMG_0837.thumb.jpeg.327c9f2eb8ae941df3b2029e48a7d971.jpeg

8 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It's all about feelings. I can feel it. Gut etc. 

In other words, shite.

Anything can happen in knock out football and we have a chance for sure.  The tims have massively turned a corner since the draw was made though, to stand a chance I can't help but feel we would need them to go down to ten men fairly early on. 

IMG_0855.thumb.jpeg.624ee38d14e2d48807edf16e9f247505.jpeg

I've not been watching (might try finding a stream for the second half tho as it seems to be a thrilling game).

I'm intrigued how Elfsborg have had 39% possession yet the majority of the chances. Hibs fans are going to hate us.

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

Was that nae the gorilla that was shot in 2016 that kick started the beginning of the end of the world? 

Christ, I forgot about that. Had it coming, shouldn't have kidnapped that boy.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

What a load of shit. Watched it through twice and he never once said ‘are you with me.’ Clearly not the coach we are looking for.

Jimmy Thelin: "Min fru, som för övrigt är svensk och vacker, sa "Aberdeen!?"

2 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Elfsborg have called a press conference for lunchtime today about their managerial position.

Wonder when ours is going to be ?

If Elfsborg announce Jimmy Thelin to Aberdeen on our behalf, that would be quite funny. Although I suspect we're hastily arranging a social media post for lunchtime to proceed it.

If Elfsborg announce Jimmy Thelin is staying, then the FMB should head to the airport now and get out of there before the storm hits.

What I think is interesting is Elfsborg  have picked their new manager. "Reports in Denmark state Elfsborg have landed Oscar Hiljemark of Aalborg as replacement for Thelin." This whole waiting till the mid season break before making the move seems increasingly unlikely to me as a result.  Players often don't respond very well when they know the manager is offski soon (not always, Liverpool seem to be doing OK 2bf) and now there are two teams with this problem.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Thelin in after the semi 2bh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panda said:

If Elfsborg announce Jimmy Thelin to Aberdeen on our behalf, that would be quite funny. Although I suspect we're hastily arranging a social media post for lunchtime to proceed it.

No word of a hastily called press conference circulating at work Panda ?

Getting him now would be a shrewd move. Give Shayden enough time to play himself into the manager's plans for next season #cleanslate

I'd actually prefer if he just watches from the sidelines for the next few weeks and not being tainted with any of this season's mess. Obviously I'm licensed to change my mind after we trounce the dirty Tims on pens at the weekend 

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

No word of a hastily called press conference circulating at work Panda ?

I think my hinted at social media post is the best we're gonna get.

Our social media and PR game is dreadful these days. A reflection of the whole club.