Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next manager

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Funny how we seem to be going round in circles. I thought this one was dead in the water? I don’t even know who I want anymore, just want them to stop the rot.

I don't know who I ever really wanted to be honest mate. Agreed though, it's been a very grim few months 

Now that Peterborough have won the English challenge cup, it'll be time for Cormack's masterstroke of bringing in Ferguson minor. Its setup perfectly for him. Holding the scarf aloft as he stands next to his old man's statue. It'd be peak Dave.

Sounds like we are sitting waiting for an answer from jimmy thelin. I’m ok with him as manager but not the way I’d want it to go with this process, especially if he ends up turning us down…..and my gut says he will. Fuck knows what plan B is. I’ve defended us a fair amount but if he says no it looks awful. The only acceptable reason for such a delayed hire too is if he states that he wanted to be sure we were playing in the SPL next year. I can accept that.
this limbo has to end asap.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Sounds like we are sitting waiting for an answer from jimmy thelin. I’m ok with him as manager but not the way I’d want it to go with this process, especially if he ends up turning us down…..and my gut says he will. Fuck knows what plan B is. I’ve defended us a fair amount but if he says no it looks awful. The only acceptable reason for such a delayed hire too is if he states that he wanted to be sure we were playing in the SPL next year. I can accept that.
this limbo has to end asap.

It's painful. I've had folk in my office here in Wellington asking me about us and our situation and it's embarrassing even talking about it. There's only one way this season could be any worse, and that's by getting relegated. For the love of god, please sort your shit out AFC. I could totally see it being your third to last sentence. I mean, why would you want to jump ship if you're playing in the league below?

Thelin allegedly was just beaten to the Sunderland job by Michael Beale so with the Sunderland job being available again I wonder if the reason for the delay is him holding on to see if they come back in again. 

37 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Look forward to the shree points on Saturday.

Stop it. It’s not funny. The thought of a team of “guid honest laddies” getting trotted out at press conferences fills me with rage. 

5 minutes ago, redordead said:

Can we just get McCabe in?

. Another win and Airdrie in serious playoff contention with fuck all resource. He's going places and plays the football Dave promised. 

Just do it.

Absolutely zero chance of that happening. Not saying he might be something one day but he’s younger and less experienced than glass, Goodwin, or Robson. Has he ever won anything? Guy has done nothing in football. Yet perhaps, but absolutely zero chance of us looking at him.  

8 minutes ago, redordead said:

Can we just get McCabe in?

. Another win and Airdrie in serious playoff contention with fuck all resource. He's going places and plays the football Dave promised. 

Just do it.

He should be sacked for being 17 points behind Jim Goodwin.

Also, he's lost home and away to Scott Brown's Ayr United.

A failure.

58 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Absolutely zero chance of that happening. Not saying he might be something one day but he’s younger and less experienced than glass, Goodwin, or Robson. Has he ever won anything? Guy has done nothing in football. Yet perhaps, but absolutely zero chance of us looking at him.  

He literally won something last week. It was also glass and Robson's first managerial post. Meaning he clearly has more experience.

P.s I liked what glass tried to do. 

22 minutes ago, redordead said:

He literally won something last week. It was also glass and Robson's first managerial post. Meaning he clearly has more experience.

P.s I liked what glass tried to do. 

I’m with you, I like what glass tried to do too. He just didn’t have the players, plus as evidenced by jack gurr, I don’t think he fully understood our level. He thought gurr would excel whereas he wasn’t even close to good enough. But I think he would have come good with experience and support.

i don’t consider what airdrie won as winning something that means he’s our level. We’ve failed with young and relatively unproven/inexperienced managers, your guy has less experience than the guys that just failed. Perhaps a few months at airdrie makes him more experienced in management as Robson, but robson’s experience and level as a player counts for something.

regardless, he’s nowhere close to us at present. If we don’t hire someone mid 40s-mid 50s with legit management experience I’d be stunned.

You can only win what you enter. I think the fundamental change in the approach might shake players into change. 

The issue has been here for a long time. There is a feeling that turning up is good enough. Style is irrelevant and as long as you're Aberdeen famous you've made it. 

We need someone with a whole new approach to change things. Why not a young Scottish manager who would cost very little.

Said before I think it’s just wrong time for us to appoint McCabe. Mixture of him not being in charge long enough at Airdrie and us having been burnt by having inexperienced managers in last few years. As Orlando says I will be very surprised if we do not go with a manager who has been in a job for a number of years and has a longer track record than McCabe. 

I do however think that McCabe is doing a great job at Airdrie and will move on to a bigger club hopefully before he gets Airdrie promoted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Said before I think it’s just wrong time for us to appoint McCabe. Mixture of him not being in charge long enough at Airdrie and us having been burnt by having inexperienced managers in last few years. As Orlando says I will be very surprised if we do not go with a manager who has been in a job for a number of years and has a longer track record than McCabe. 

I do however think that McCabe is doing a great job at Airdrie and will move on to a bigger club hopefully before he gets Airdrie promoted. 

Agree with every word of that tbh.

Think he is possibly the right man at the wrong time for us.

Suspect he'll be away from Airdrie by the end of 2024.