Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Next manager

2 minutes ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

I'll probably come in for some stick, nothing I am not used too 😂 but I'll bump the gums again for big Duncan Ferguson!

I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to mention him.

I'd rather we weren't the test case for him. Although a fight between him and Gallagher would be something I'd pay money to see.

So who do we have so far in the thread:

Jim Goodwin

Duncan Ferguson

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Kjetil Knutsen

Jack Ross

Lopez?

Other random Spaniard

Paul Lambert

Stuart Petrie

Neil Lennon

Slavisa Jokanovic

Jack Collinson

etc

I'm going for the Kuntsen like, he sounds ace.

edit: to add in the rest of the names (I think)

Edited by RicoS321

I threw in Knutson yesterday and stand by him as my choice.

Having said that I couldn't give a flying fuck if the RIGHT candidate played for Der Hun or indeed the other manky mob.

All I want is the right candidate to rescue my beloved club from the mire we currently find ourselves in 

Disclaimer: None of the above means that I am necessarily in favour of Ferguson or Robertson, although I do think neither of them would so meekly accept some of the shite referring decisions we have found ourselves on the end of this season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

So who do we have so far in the thread:

Jim Goodwin

Duncan Ferguson

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Kjetil Knutsen

Jack Ross

Lopez?

Other random Spaniard

Paul Lambert

Stuart Petrie

Neil Lennon

Slavisa Jokanovic

Jack Collinson

etc

I'm going for the Kuntsen like, he sounds ace.

edit: to add in the rest of the names (I think)

I see exactly what you did there Rico.

Some of the other names in that list have been sacked or done fuck all yet no question mark next to them.

I picked those guys out of a hat very quickly because they're available and have done relatively well and would perhaps be interested.

They were just suggestions as valid as Ross or Goodwin and Lennon imo.

But the 3 names above know Scottish football blah blah boringggg zzzzzz.

Granada fc is a very decent team to be a manager of and Lopez who got a team promoted to La Liga has to be pretty good at his job too.

Cormack will go for someone safe on that list though because it's the Scottish way of thinking and he won't want to take a chance like he did with Glass.(which was a ridiculous appointment)

I'm sure most fans will be happy with Goodwin or Ross though because we 'know' them which shows utterly zero ambition.

These manager types have done absolutely NOTHING for AFC in the past.

1 cup in nearly 25 years?

It's time for something different ffs.

We have the financial backing so let's try something different.

Tomasson or Knutsen would be great!

Edited by HaarDon

There's also quite a few posters here and on other Aberdeen fans forums offering a few foreign names so I don't see why my suggestions are being scrutinised.

Ah well.

Time will tell who the board appoint.

Personally I want massive change and want something different in a manager who has experience in European competitions and knows how to win and what to do to win against the odds in any match.

54 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

There's also quite a few posters here and on other Aberdeen fans forums offering a few foreign names so I don't see why my suggestions are being scrutinised.

You weren't "scrutinised" for suggesting foreign managers.

It was because you suggested three crap ones while beating your chest about being ambitious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Panda said:

You weren't "scrutinised" for suggesting foreign managers.

It was because you suggested three crap ones while beating your chest about being ambitious.

I wasn't beating my chest you dick!

2 of those managers are arguably better than Goodwin as i said.

One managed Grenada who are a far better team than AFC.

Your suggestions are mediocre and boring like yourself.

Wtf is Goodwin going to do?

Get us into the top 6 and maybe a semi final.

Wooppeedoo.

Stop being so boring.

Are you even an Aberdeen fan who wants success?

You and Rico have absolutely zero arguments against 2 of those managers other than you both don't know them.

I've explained why they might be good appointments. I never said they were the best.

They were valid suggestions like everyone else's yet you both decided to criticise them even though other suggestions including your own were shite.

You can both fuck off.

Edited by HaarDon

8 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I wasn't beating my chest you dick!

2 of those managers are arguably better than Goodwin as i said.

One managed Grenada who are a far better team than AFC.

Your suggestions are mediocre and boring like yourself.

Wtf is Goodwin going to do?

Get us into the top 6 and maybe a semi final.

Wooppeedoo.

Stop being so boring.

Are you even an Aberdeen fan who wants success?

You and Rico have absolutely zero arguments against 2 of those managers other than you both don't know them.

I've explained why they might be good appointments. I never said they were the best.

They were valid suggestions like everyone else's yet you both decided to criticise them even though other suggestions including your own were shite.

You can both fuck off.

Do you want a hug? 

I know this new manager lark is stressful for all of us but try to remain positive pal. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, RedKev said:

Make a run for Ole!

He could do what Brenden Rogers did, sacked in England come up here and make a name to get something back down there in a couple of years.

Fergie could put a word in I'm sure.

Aye, thanks Charlie. 

Whilst I know you're only being tongue in cheek, it's this sort of shite fae wanker pundits like Nicholas that really grates. His only rationale being that it "shows ambition". An entirely meaningless, nebulous buzz phrase. It's a product of idiots like him for the last thirty years being allowed to spurt useless pish out of his arse without anyone ever asking him to explain himself in detail and with evidence to back up his moronic points. It's fucking toxic, and it doesn't just happen in football unfortunately, a quick glance at question time confirms it. 

How does solskjaer fit into Aberdeen's strategy? How does employing a man well outwith our budget effect the playing budget? What does "showing ambition" even mean, and how does it relate to OGS, or Aberdeen in general? What qualities does he bring that are relevant to a team in Aberdeen's position and budget? How does any of his Man utd experience relate to managing Aberdeen? I could think of another million questions that Nicholas hasn't bothered with when he spews forth his bullshit. 

The worrying thing is that people actually repeat his shite. They apply zero critical thinking and regurgitate this "show ambition" bollocks. It then leads to a situation where no manager we employ can possibly be good enough based on the ridiculous parameters laid out by Charlie fucking Nicholas, who has zero understanding or involvement in our game and hasn't for years. He should fuck off back to his wanker sky sports studio and shut his hoop.

In my opinion, anyway.

• Like 3

Agree Rico, typical shite spouted by supposed "experts" and used to create dramatic headlines.

A guy like Nicholas is so far detached from the reality of Aberdeen Football Club it is unreal.

His only knowledge of AFC is from his time spent here as a player and that is fast approaching thirty two years ago, a time which I enjoyed, but doesn't qualify him to be an expert on what the of 2022 AFC should or shouldn't do 

• Like 1

"Lambo" comes across on tele as a droll boring bugger but for what he has done in the game would surely command instant respect from the players, much more so than Glass.  He also knows how to conduct himself properly which is important, unlike some names mentioned such as Lennon and Big Dunc.  I love Dunc's attitude and it would be great to imagine him pinning Gallagher up against the dressing room wall for failure to play the offside trap properly but not sure he is really the type I want as the face of our club.

29 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

"Lambo" comes across on tele as a droll boring bugger but for what he has done in the game would surely command instant respect from the players, much more so than Glass.  He also knows how to conduct himself properly which is important, unlike some names mentioned such as Lennon and Big Dunc.  I love Dunc's attitude and it would be great to imagine him pinning Gallagher up against the dressing room wall for failure to play the offside trap properly but not sure he is really the type I want as the face of our club.

I've never been convinced of the "commands respect" thing. The evidence doesn't really bear it out, with some of the best players in the world being horseshit managers. John Collins being a prime example of someone extremely similar to Lambert. It's really something that has to be maintained too, it'll wear off pretty quickly when you're in and around the place daily and everyone can see that you're an uninspiring dullard, which is the vibe I've always got from Lambert (I could be completely wrong of course, it's just the way he comes across on telly). I certainly don't think he's unlikeable, he seems nice enough. Without question, he'd be an old firm panderer, far more than McInnes ever was - and probably even McGhee. He will literally see Scottish fitba through the lens of the scum, which is why I wouldn't want him. I'd definitely have haardon's foreigner suggestions over him.