Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Next manager

I wouldn't be surprised, and it might be the correct decision, if we have a caretaker in until the end of the season. That's exactly what should have happened when McInnes left. We weren't in anyway ready for Glass to take over. Are we now? I'm not convinced, and we really don't want a knee jerk Cormack decision. 

38 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I wouldn't be surprised, and it might be the correct decision, if we have a caretaker in until the end of the season. That's exactly what should have happened when McInnes left. We weren't in anyway ready for Glass to take over. Are we now? I'm not convinced, and we really don't want a knee jerk Cormack decision. 

Have just been saying exactly this to a mate on WhatsApp when he was asking me who I thought would get it.

3 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Kjetil Knutson.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Has done an amazing job in Norway. Won championships, has visited big scalps in Europe, sold players for big money and managed to replace them.

Go get him lined up to come in in the summer.

Would get my vote. 

Expecting it to be whoever Atlanta want developed/moved out of their system. 

Feel sorry for Glass. Agree with the consensus in that I wanted him to succeed but didn’t feel he was experienced enough. I think next it has to be Goodwin and should have been him last year. Young manager on the up. Knows the league and what is required has his team 3 points ahead of us on what must be a fraction of the budget.  Downsides are both this and last season St Mirren have had periods of poor form. But, each time he has resolved it. That and him going to Tim matches. 

2 hours ago, baggy89 said:

Feel sorry for Glass. Agree with the consensus in that I wanted him to succeed but didn’t feel he was experienced enough. I think next it has to be Goodwin and should have been him last year. Young manager on the up. Knows the league and what is required has his team 3 points ahead of us on what must be a fraction of the budget.  Downsides are both this and last season St Mirren have had periods of poor form. But, each time he has resolved it. That and him going to Tim matches. 

Can’t find it just now but sure there is an article where Goodwin said he could not work in a system where he didn’t control the transfers which would rule him out for our set up. 

What exactly has Goodwin done? What makes him so appealing?? Has he won anything? 6th in the league but 4 off 10th, not much different to us. I get it’s a smaller budget but I don’t see them playing dazzling football and standing out. 
there’s a difference between managing st mirren where the objectives are to stay in the league and cup runs, and managing us. I want a manager with a record of success. Every successful and experienced manager has failed somewhere but I want someone who has won somewhere on a limited budget, and has shown he can manage a team to play decent appealing football.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

What exactly has Goodwin done? What makes him so appealing?? Has he won anything? 6th in the league but 4 off 10th, not much different to us. I get it’s a smaller budget but I don’t see them playing dazzling football and standing out. 
there’s a difference between managing st mirren where the objectives are to stay in the league and cup runs, and managing us. I want a manager with a record of success. Every successful and experienced manager has failed somewhere but I want someone who has won somewhere on a limited budget, and has shown he can manage a team to play decent appealing football.

That'll be Knutson then 😉

Goodwins done well at Saints and from what ive seen,theyre better on the eye than the other bottom/mid table clubs. Would like to see where theyre at in a couple of years time.Nae sure he's ready for us at this time,but of the Scottish candidates one of the better candidates if pushed.

Lot of folk mentioning Lennon for some reason 🤔

Like the sound of this Knutson guy

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigAl said:

That'll be Knutson then 😉

I’d never heard of him, just read up. Given he’s won the league and champions league football, you see him attracted to us? But you are correct, that’s the type I want. And not just a manager whose done the rounds like Lennon. Throw in his chosen assistants plus some Scottish back room staff too, not unlike what Celtic have done. Every hire is a risk, at least it’s an interesting one!

8 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’d never heard of him, just read up. Given he’s won the league and champions league football, you see him attracted to us? But you are correct, that’s the type I want. And not just a manager whose done the rounds like Lennon. Throw in his chosen assistants plus some Scottish back room staff too, not unlike what Celtic have done. Every hire is a risk, at least it’s an interesting one!

As I said earlier, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Might fancy it as a springboard to the EPL ?

• Like 1

BigAl you can't have a foreign manager!!

These foreigners who probably have links to some great foreign talent, have experience in playing and winning against some good sides in Europa leagues etc, who have different styles and mentality to the Scottish game, who aren't afraid of the magnificence of the 2 cheeks, whose vision is different when recruiting players.

No, no, no totally unacceptable from our boring support.

We need someone like Lennon who had a fortune to spend and still fucked up.

Maybe give McInnes another crack at it if we can lure him away from the mighty Kilmarnock.

There's surely Scottish managers out there who know our league and are still shit at taking arguably the 3rd best team in the SPL and doing absolutely fuck all with us AGAIN.

Zzzzzzzzz.

4 hours ago, BigAl said:

Kjetil Knutson.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Has done an amazing job in Norway. Won championships, has taken big scalps in Europe, sold players for big money and managed to replace them.

Go get him lined up to come in in the summer.

He'll be in Scotland this week too, save us having to pay flights to Norway

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Can’t find it just now but sure there is an article where Goodwin said he could not work in a system where he didn’t control the transfers which would rule him out for our set up. 

Goodwin will jump at the Aberdeen job. 

Also I'm fairly sure Glass had a big say in transfers - certainly Polvara would have been one of his.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

I was asking the same this time last year when he was being touted to replace McInnes. I wanted evidence he could actually have a sustained level of consistency and wasn't just a one-off (ala Callum Davidson.

To be fair, after that he took them to the Scottish Cup semi-final, and now has St Mirren back in the top six (which doesn't sound exciting but they haven't done it since 1986 or something).

They draw a lot of games (11 this season) but a lot of that is down to lacking a goalscorer. I mean, they're playing Curtis Main up front. But they're generally solid at the back (13 clean sheets compared to our five).

But on the other hand they're actually not long off an 11-game run without a win. Although you could also point out within that run they drew with Celtic, and actually only lost five of them.

So aye, I do tend to think with a bigger budget he could do something with us. 

Just please not Jack Ross. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

He'll be in Scotland this week too, save us having to pay flights to Norway

Goodwin will jump at the Aberdeen job. 

Also I'm fairly sure Glass had a big say in transfers - certainly Polvara would have been one of his.

The Georgetown coach said he contacted Aberdeen via Bobby Clark about Polvara. Cormack himself said in his radio rant that they ruled out managers who wanted control of transfers.

10 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Bruno Labbadia

Diego Martinez

Paco Lopez

My 3 top picks.

Let's push the boat out and go foreign.

34 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

What do supporters want here?

A mediocre manager who can get a few results sometimes or someone who will transform us into a team who might challenge for the top 3 spots?

Is there any ambition?

Deary me.

And what's so ambitious about the three guys you've touted, aside from the fact they're foreign?

What's Pedro Caixinha doing these days?