Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

• 2 weeks later...

Another Masters final tomorrow night, this time against Djokovic.  :thumbsup:

In the build up to the tournament there was talk of Murray going 3rd in the world if he won it, but that can't happen now that Djokovic is in the final - but he could certainly close the gap.

Baldrick sheep must be gutted, he loved Henman  ;D Good to see Murray still making good progress!  :thumbsup:

Absolutely, i think the best thing is he's showing that he's not letting the earlier disapointments like australia get to him.  Might be a good shout for wimbledon.

Absolutely, i think the best thing is he's showing that he's not letting the earlier disapointments like australia get to him.  Might be a good shout for wimbledon.

Indeed, he has a very un-British like mentality if you get what I mean. Actually has the winning mentality and willing to do anything to get it. I still think he acts like a prick, but hey, the tennis he plays is awesome to watch at times! I'm not sure if winning Wimbledon might be too early for him, but i'm quite confident he will win it sooner rather than later. Might put a cheeky wee bet on him now actually ;)

Indeed, he has a very un-British like mentality if you get what I mean. Actually has the winning mentality and willing to do anything to get it. I still think he acts like a prick, but hey, the tennis he plays is awesome to watch at times! I'm not sure if winning Wimbledon might be too early for him, but i'm quite confident he will win it sooner rather than later. Might put a cheeky wee bet on him now actually ;)

To be honest one of the things that appeals to me about murray is the fact he clearly doesnt suffer fools lightly.  He's straight talking and doesnt and doesnt give a shit if this offends, which in the world of proffesional sports is always going to ruffle feathers

To be honest one of the things that appeals to me about murray is the fact he clearly doesnt suffer fools lightly.  He's straight talking and doesnt and doesnt give a shit if this offends, which in the world of proffesional sports is always going to ruffle feathers

Agreed, thats what I meant he doesn't have the British attitude. It works for him and I commend him for it and encourage him to continue.  :thumbsup:

Still don't like the prick though ;)

That's the biggest thing about Andy Murray... fortunately he doesn't have the weak Scottish mentality.  He's clearly a very driven individual and isn't just "happy to be here," and trying to be everyones friend.

I don't think Andy will ever have the game to win Wimbledon sadly... Andy has no particularly outstanding weapons, one of his biggest strengths is that he has no weaknesses (whereas Roger Federer has had his back hand exposed by cleverer players like murray) - although his back-hand defence and scrambling are probably the best on tour.  He is also able to read his opposition, figure them out and clearly follows a game plan with pre-determined tactics - i think this is where his huge entourage help.

However at last years Wimbledon they were showing a graphic which showed the courts had changed dramatically since the days of Becker and Sampras.  In the last five years the courts have stopped sliding so much and the ball is bouncing up and reacting more like an American Hard court... which can only be good for Andy.   On grass it's usually much more difficult to wear players down and play defensively which is what Andy does... if you look at the stats, andy is always low on winners & aces - the complete opposite to guys like Sampras, becker, Rafter and Ivanisevic who have always done well on grass.

Andy really should do better on clay, which neutralises weapons like a big service, as he's become an endurance player like Nadal.  It'll be interesting to see how he does over the next two months.  Unfortunately, Nadal is just insanely good on clay... I don't think he's lost a match at Roland Garros in about 4 years!

In what way?

I think his behaviour and personality both on and off the court has been excellent.

He's been much better over the past 12 months... hasn't thrown one of his tantrums for a while - but maybe that's because he's been winning!  However, I suspect that he's grown up a little.

He's always very gracious in defeat and doesn't over celebrate victories like Roger Federer has sometimes been guilty of.  Yesterday, there was just big smile and shake of hands after winning!  8)

He's been much better over the past 12 months... hasn't thrown one of his tantrums for a while - but maybe that's because he's been winning!  However, I suspect that he's grown up a little.

He's always very gracious in defeat and doesn't over celebrate victories like Roger Federer has sometimes been guilty of.  Yesterday, there was just big smile and shake of hands after winning!  8)

Still cringe whenever I see a clip of him falling to the ground after a tournament victory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...