Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

Does anyone else hate the way Federer goes down like hes been shot when he wins?

To be fair he had just won his 5th US Open in a row, his 13th masters title (only one short of the best ever) and blown away a young challenger to his position after a tough year for him where people have started to write him off as past it.

Falling over doesn't seem too much.

To be fair he had just won his 5th US Open in a row, his 13th masters title (only one short of the best ever) and blown away a young challenger to his position after a tough year for him where people have started to write him off as past it.

Falling over doesn't seem too much.

Just looks a bit put on and over dramatic but I see your point.

Does anyone else take a perverse delight in watching athletes and teams getting built up like fuck, and then fail miserably? Recent examples for me include Murray, Khan, and the Scottish football team trying to qualify for Euro 2008.

In Khan's case, yes. In Andy's, no. :(

• 1 month later...

Murray gains revenge over Federer

Andy Murray avenged his US Open final defeat by Roger Federer with a superb 3-6 6-3 7-5 victory over the Swiss in the semi-finals of the Madrid Masters.

Federer broke the British number one in the fourth game on his way to winning the opening set but the 21-year-old Scot responded well to level the match.

A tense final set went with serve until the 11th game when Murray broke Federer before completing a fantastic victory.

World number one Rafael Nadal will face Gilles Simon in the second semi-final.

Murray, who lost in straight sets to Federer at Flushing Meadows in September, had not dropped a set in his march to the last four.

Serve dominated the opening five games before the former world number one broke Murray when the Scot overhit a forehand to take a 4-2 lead.

Murray had a chance to hit back immediately when a mis-hit Federer forehand gave him a break point, but his opponent saved that before holding to establish a 5-2 advantage.

The Swiss soon wrapped up the set but Murray, chasing his fourth ATP title this year, served well to help him put Federer under pressure in the second.

The world number four broke serve in the fourth game, taking advantage of a rare Federer mistake on break point.

Murray drove home his advantage by comfortably holding serve to move 4-1 ahead.

The next three games went with serve, leaving Murray with the chance to serve for the set, which he duly did by winning three quick points before levelling the match with an unstoppable forehand.

Murray survived a scare on his serve in the eighth game of the final set and held his nerve again when 5-4 down.

Federer then found his serve under pressure and saved one break point before Murray swooped to take his chance second time around.

Murray then held his serve impressively to clinch his third win in five over Federer.

_45123068_murray2_getty_282.jpg

Well done Andy, passes the achievements of Tim Henmans career ;D

I think I passed Tim Henman's achievements when I briefly picked up a racquet in the summer of 2004 and knocked a ball against a wall for a few minutes. I think I may have been British number 4.