Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

I thought he would win today after the way he played against Isner. I thought maybe in 4 or 5 sets though. The way he broke straight back after losing serve in both sets shows how far he has come, in the past it would have got to him more and maybe cost him the set but he never looked that troubled.

Even those insulting Murray must be impressed with his performances and you have to remember that he Federer and Nadal are two of the best players ever and Murray can compete with both of them.

If he keeps up that form then who knows but I'm looking forward to the Cilic match and might have to go against all I stand for and wake up early on Sunday

Thought I better get back on this thread and congratulate Murray on two very strong performances since my last comments. He has played very well in these last two rounds even with Nadal pulling out injured. Fair play to him. I hope to be eating another shovel full of humble pie after the semis and looking to not choke on it  :thumbsup:

Not sure who I want to win the other semi now. Murray has a good record against Federer, while Tsonga is prone to the odd performance of genius. Should be a great final either way.

Thought John Lloyd summed it up well when asked who Murray would want to play on sunday, by answering it has to be Tsonga, hopefully get the first win in the bag, and then think about winning the future big ones against Federer  ;)

Thought John Lloyd summed it up well when asked who Murray would want to play on sunday, by answering it has to be Tsonga, hopefully get the first win in the bag, and then think about winning the future big ones against Federer  ;)

Aye, makes sense. Don't want Federer beating him and it then becomes a psychological block for Murray.  He would kind of be like Ivan Lendl to Federer's Boris Becker.

But Murray has a tremendous record against Federer.  Bring either of them on, I say!

In the US final Murray was beaten comprehensively by Federer as far as I remember. Big game mentality might be in Murray's favour more against Tsonga. Hard to say what will be best but if Murray plays the way he has been in the tournament he should be confident either way. When is the other semi ?