Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

• 3 weeks later...

Wawrinka was immense. Some people play better when they feel a minor injury and that seemed to be what turned it round for him.

Murray needs a fucking therapist because he's too old to still be acting like such a brat at the moments when the Federers and Nadals know it's time to screw the nut and put on the poker face.

Sadly I get the feeling he (his mum) won't let anyone other than yes men around him. He needs someone there to tell him plain and simple he fucked it. No one else. Just him.

Murray needs a fucking therapist because he's too old to still be acting like such a brat at the moments when the Federers and Nadals know it's time to screw the nut and put on the poker face.

Exact same mentality as Colin Montgomerie.  He has to change it otherwise his career is going to be full of "almosts", and I think that'd hurt an awful lot more in tennis where the number of players likely to win majors/grand slams is so much less than golf.

Exact same mentality as Colin Montgomerie.  He has to change it otherwise his career is going to be full of "almosts", and I think that'd hurt an awful lot more in tennis where the number of players likely to win majors/grand slams is so much less than golf.

Agreed. Especially because of the lack of English players to take the heat off him in the media/public opinion. There'd be no 'greatest player never to win a slam' it would just be 'arsehole/loser/bottler/jock cunt'

He was well out of sorts again yeh - you can tell straight away now when he is gonna get beat - I fell asleep after the 3rd set but I knew exactly what the headline would be this morning

He needs to man up and get rid of his mum from the crowd!!

Man up indeed. He behaves like a fucking child and I agree he seems to only want "yes" men around him, he dumps coaches with alarming regularity.

He could and should pump players like Wawrinka and as Hebrew says, you know right off the blocks what kind of match you're getting from Murray. He won't win a slam with that, he has all the talent in the world but a mentality that has the breaking strain of a fucking kitkat.

Man up indeed. He behaves like a fucking child and I agree he seems to only want "yes" men around him, he dumps coaches with alarming regularity.

He could and should pump players like Wawrinka and as Hebrew says, you know right off the blocks what kind of match you're getting from Murray. He won't win a slam with that, he has all the talent in the world but a mentality that has the breaking strain of a fucking kitkat.

;D

Very disappointing but some of the reaction is a little OTT.

While I do wonder if he'll ever win a major, worse players than Murray have won them, but few have played in an era as competitive as the one he's in.

Agree completely.

I'm not saying his mentality is necessarily spot on or anything but to come from where he did to become the top class Tennis player that he undoubtedly is is an immense achievement and in my opinion goes to show that he must already be mentally tough. I don't think he's far away from winning a grand slam. Scotland is about as far from an ideal place to nurture a promising Tennis career as you’re likely to find in a so called civilised country. Hence he had to fuck off to Spain to attend a decent Tennis school.

He's already overcome massive odds and I think he will again.

Agree completely.

I'm not saying his mentality is necessarily spot on or anything but to come from where he did to become the top class Tennis player that he undoubtedly is is an immense achievement and in my opinion goes to show that he must already be mentally tough. I don't think he's far away from winning a grand slam. Scotland is about as far from an ideal place to nurture a promising Tennis career as you’re likely to find in a so called civilised country. Hence he had to fuck off to Spain to attend a decent Tennis school.

He's already overcome massive odds and I think he will again.

In what way has he "overcome massive odds"?