Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

In the US final Murray was beaten comprehensively by Federer as far as I remember. Big game mentality might be in Murray's favour more against Tsonga. Hard to say what will be best but if Murray plays the way he has been in the tournament he should be confident either way. When is the other semi ?

Tomorrow, meaning that Murray will have an extra day than his opponent to prepare for Sunday

Whilst i agree with you sotr, murray has beaten federer before. Obviously not in a slam final situation as this, but murray has the audacity to do it. I hope its not too soon for him, and i hope i'm wrong because despite ajja's claim's he's played good tennis and has only choked once ;) he's still learning but he's played the best tennis of the tournament so i hope he's successful.

Guest rocket debris

Judy Murray was looking rather ravishing today. That was the verdict of the lesbian of my multiple personalities. She's called Wilma.

He'll be a British sporting legend now because he cried live on telly.  ::)

All the best to him for the future, but he needs Federer to have a few bad days at the office if he's ever going to win a Grand Slam.

Aye, agree with your sentiment there CtS. Don't like that crying bollocks. You've lost a game of tennis v the best player ever, it's fuck all to cry about, my folks were at two funerals this weekend, that's something to cry about.  Dust yourself off, say well done to the man and move on.

He'll be a British sporting legend now because he cried live on telly.  ::)

All the best to him for the future, but he needs Federer to have a few bad days at the office if he's ever going to win a Grand Slam.

Can't agree with that.

1: Murray has shown in the past that he can beat Federer.

2: Murray grew into the match yesterday, and was very unlucky not to win the third set

3: There is a six-year age gap between them, so Federer will likely retire first... So Murray will likely be winning Grans Slams after Fed retires. And will more than likley win a few before Fed retires as well.

I thought Murray blew it in the 3rd set. He had given himself several opportunities to close out the set and might have had a chance at a stirring come back  but was not able to deliver on some very simple shots. There were a couple of points in the tie break where he had done all the hard work, got Federer out into the corners with some very good angle shots and he only had to get the ball over the net and the set was his. He blew it. Yes Federer was playing superb tennis and it was a major challenge for Murray but to get yourself into those positions and not deliver the basics is the problem here.

Its about mental strength as well as technical ability and when the mental strength breaks down there is only one word to describe it.......  ;)

Can't agree with that.

1: Murray has shown in the past that he can beat Federer.

2: Murray grew into the match yesterday, and was very unlucky not to win the third set

3: There is a six-year age gap between them, so Federer will likely retire first... So Murray will likely be winning Grans Slams after Fed retires. And will more than likley win a few before Fed retires as well.

I really hope you're right, but...

1: He's lost twice to Federer when it really mattered, Grand Slam finals.

2: He failed to take his chances yesterday, don't think luck was really an issue.

3: Federer looked like the younger man yesterday, never showing any signs of fatigue or emotion. Murray looked tired, distressed and very sore at the end. 

There is a lot still to come from Federer.

I'm a patriotic Scot and I want him to do well, but there are lots of good players in his way - and it will take an exceptional effort to overcome the psychological battle next time he finds himself on court with Federer.

Wondering if Murray will end the tennis equivalent of Monty ?

Exceptional talent who's never won a major?  Possibly.

Murray is often criticised (mainly by the English press) for showing no emotion and being a dour faced cunt.  With that in mind, I didn't have too much of a problem with the tears yesterday, he must have been gutted.

• 3 months later...