Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to twitter both the hun and the retard are reporting Kennedy has signed.

happy enough with this but await the broom cupboard picture to confirm.

Not sureI'd be chucking money at Saints to get him now though unless we're moving players out and if we are to sell one of our prize assets we'll be seen as having money to burn in any negotiation.

Arbroath fans seem very pleased with this. They seemed to think that he had been doing so well that we would recall him in this window.

Yeh someone was posting his stats on twitter from wyscout. He's been playing predominantly right-back, and is number one in the Championship for tackling and interceptions. Has also won 62.5% of defensive duels.

With Logan out of contract in summer, good to know we may have a decent right-back option for next season.

You’d like to think we could give or loan a player or two to get him now. Even something like 20k plus someone. Adding him now may improve our chances of third, worth the punt. I’d loan them McLennan.

To be honest, i'm surprised that McLennan or someone else wasn't part of it. although we don't know what was proposed between the clubs.  I'm guessing they need him for their relegation battle.

To be honest, i'm surprised that McLennan or someone else wasn't part of it. although we don't know what was proposed between the clubs.  I'm guessing they need him for their relegation battle.

The cash prize pot for being in the SPL next season is apparently quite markedly increased and St Johnstone really don't want to miss out on it by getting relegated which is why their manager is so keen to keep him till season's end. But they also have a desperate need for a CH (presumably they have injury problems). I still think we should offer them Devlin as a straight swap...….Devlin has been piss poor for 12 months and is deservedly 4th choice. He only cost us £50k and my info is that he is "unsettled"......hardly surprising given he is fairly regular in Scotland squads but cannot get a game for us......I think it would suit everyone. Probably not a popular view with a lot of our support but right now he's getting paid a fairly hefty wage just to sit on the bench each week and likely won't even be needed for that once Leigh is fit again with Consi moving back to CH and Taylor to the bench.

Mark Gallagher from Ross County signing too. Anyone know anything about him?

Seems to be highly thought of, and likely to be signed for the same intentions like Ferguson was. Not expecting him to be in the first team soon, but that said, we thought that of Ferguson.

Seems to be highly thought of, and likely to be signed for the same intentions like Ferguson was. Not expecting him to be in the first team soon, but that said, we thought that of Ferguson.

To be honest, whilst we can't fill the squad with untried youngster happy enough for us to be making signings such as this, where the cost is low and the risk similar.

It's almost like the Celtic model although on a lower scale and less international. I.E sign them up develop them and sell them on at a profit.

To be honest, whilst we can't fill the squad with untried youngster happy enough for us to be making signings such as this, where the cost is low and the risk similar.

It's almost like the Celtic model although on a lower scale and less international. I.E sign them up develop them and sell them on at a profit.

Any idea what kind of central midfielder? Same as we have or the creative #10 type??

Just noticed Kennedy not in the St J squad for their game today.....I'd imagine so he isn't Cup-tied for us later on, so looks like we will be getting him in during this window,

Having said that...still no score against Dumbarton, loads of pressure and a dreadful miss by Anderson after 20 minutes or so.

McInnes confirms that New York Red Bulls are interested in Cosgrove, whilst confirming that he's trying to do a deal with St Johnstone for Kennedy in this window, as there has been encouragement from them, they want Devlin as part of the deal apparantly. Mark Gallagher will join from Ross County's development squad next week.

Devlin was flying until he got his injury whilst training with the Scotland squad. I don't think we ever got to the bottom of what actually happened but we were told he would miss a couple of games then didn't return until after the January break...and he was a shadow of the player he had previously been whenever he got picked (which was pretty sparingly even allowing for the fact Considine had done very well as his stand in).

It was even more bizarre that he kept getting picked for Scotland despite at that point being our 3rd choice centre back....although he did eventually get a reasonable amount of game time covering for injury/suspension to McKenna and Consi. Now 4th choice and unlikely to get much game time. He will be on a decent wage so if we could move him on I'm sure it would suit all parties. We could then look to the lower leagues for a young up-and-coming centre back for between £50-100k. If we paid that youngster say £1500/week the amount we would save on Devlin's wage alone which is more than double that figure means that the outlay would be recouped in not much more than a year....and we might just unearth a gem with a future sell on fee rather than losing Devlin to freedom of contract as we inevitably will when his current contract expires.

The problem with Devlin is that he's never been that good at football. Very similar to Reynolds in that regard. Reliable defensively, but not great with the ball. That meant he's been very easy to replace, with Taylor being not much worse as a player but stronger and more aggressive thus looking a better option. I'd move Devlin on swiftly if it meant getting Kennedy in early. We've got 3 options at centre back, 4 if Vyner returns this season. That's enough. What's the deal with hobban? Been a while since we signed an injury prone player.

Was just thinking about this earlier, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Taylor has been our best signing so far this season. Fucking hell. Certainly a toss up between him and Leigh. The only two I'd put straight in to the first eleven.

What is the situation with Tommie Hoban? The latest a few Months ago was that he could be on way back here and we offered to help him regarding his Injury, I can't remember when he sustained the Injury and how long he'd be out for because of it.

He was released by Watford at the end of the 2018–19 season, and returned to Aberdeen to continue his rehabilitation.

That's according to Wikipedia, but was it confirmed that he actually did come back here?

What is the situation with Tommie Hoban? The latest a few Months ago was that he could be on way back here and we offered to help him regarding his Injury, I can't remember when he sustained the Injury and how long he'd be out for because of it.

He was released by Watford at the end of the 2018–19 season, and returned to Aberdeen to continue his rehabilitation.

That's according to Wikipedia, but was it confirmed that he actually did come back here?

It will be a year in the middle of next month since his injury.

Agree it has all gone very very quiet.

Surely it would be madness given he has done both cruciate ligaments on any basis other than pay as you play ?

He was offered rehab facilities with us but hasn't taken them up (at least as yet).

Some supporters thought he would be fit by November. However the only mention of November when he suffered the injury was that it would be the earliest he would be fit by. However there are absolutely no guarantees that he will ever be fit enough to resume his playing career and with us now 11 months down the line it's fair to assume his rehabilitation isn't going too well. My expectation is that he will quietly annonce his retirement sometime between Easter and mid summer but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Has there ever been a Player with similiar injuries who went on to have a decent career, Injury wise I mean?

For me personally, we'd be mental to pass up on him if he does get back to fitness, I agree some sort of pay per play deal would be preferred but the guy was easily our best defender in the games he played, he brought something that no-one else did, or still does, in that he was absolutely composed, didn't panic and hoof the ball away and could pick a pass, he was comfortable with both feet as well.

I thought he was excellent in his time here and really hope it works out for him.