Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January window

billy big bawz attitude a la wilson ? never really seen what the fuss was about with mcntoniminiminiminay

Sure i saw an interview a few months back (McLeish?) saying that despite being at Manure, he's really a quiet kid with not a hint of an attitude problem or superiority complex.

Can't really see the point of us taking him on loan. He would be yet another defensive midfielder......even if Shinnie were to leave in this window, he isn't a viable option for us to buy at the end of the loan.....he's worth £3-£5 million at least and probably on £20k/week. You would think Celtic might be a better option for him with Broon in decline/possibly off to molest some wallabies.

No matter where he ends up on loan, I think he needs to leave Old Trafford. He's just not quite the level that they operate at. Southampton, West Ham or the likes I think he could do a job

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure i saw an interview a few months back (McLeish?) saying that despite being at Manure, he's really a quiet kid with not a hint of an attitude problem or superiority complex.

Can't really see the point of us taking him on loan. He would be yet another defensive midfielder......even if Shinnie were to leave in this window, he isn't a viable option for us to buy at the end of the loan.....he's worth £3-£5 million at least and probably on £20k/week. You would think Celtic might be a better option for him with Broon in decline/possibly off to molest some wallabies.

No matter where he ends up on loan, I think he needs to leave Old Trafford. He's just not quite the level that they operate at. Southampton, West Ham or the likes I think he could do a job

Agree it seems an odd one for us to be linked with. Maybe they want him to play in middle to allow Shinnie to go to left back until end of season.

Suspect this is just paper talk however.

Id argue that Shinnie makes a cunt of things equally as frequently. Ball is a better passer, better in the air and a bit better with his weaker foot than Shinnie. Just remember to yourself what happens when Shinnie finds himself in an advanced position. Generally results in a brain fart as he hasn't a clue what to  next....

But Shinnie is "one of our own" so he gets away with his aberrations. I agree Ball is god awful at right back....that memory seems to be what sticks in folks' memories. At defensive midfield he is absolutely solid and has been one of our most consistently good players this season....never flashy just gets on with doing the job he is paid to do

Spot on TC,  Ball is a lot better than some folk are making out, he is better suited to the middle of the park, as was apparent after the Motherwell semi, but with his physique, he adds real strength to our team.  Great attitude to boot.

I like Shaugnessy, good player. Comfortable on the ball and gets stuck in. I was surprised when we let him go. I had heard at the time that McInnes didn't like his attitude, but that could be nonsense. Replacement for McKenna I'd assume.

Is he left footed/left sided?

Sure he's a right footer. I couldn't imagine he would want to play back up to Devlin at this point in his career unless we were offering silly money. Although as I've already said, it does look on evidence so far that Devlin will miss a fair chunk of each season through injury and suspension.

If he was to be signed as a first choice.....meh

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Seen a post on Facebook claiming Wigan manager has contacted DM to say the stories were nonsense

Saw McInnes on the news last night confirming that this story was garbage. Got me thinking that Shinnie has a real decision to make in terms of his international aspirations.  He is a regular now in the Scotland squad albeit he is a bit part player for them.  If he does end up somewhere in the bottom portion of the English championship with a Wigan-like team I reckon he could probably kiss goodbye to his international career but if he stays with us and is still in the spotlight then he could eventually end up with quite a number of caps.  Cash or caps???  ???

Saw McInnes on the news last night confirming that this story was garbage. Got me thinking that Shinnie has a real decision to make in terms of his international aspirations.  He is a regular now in the Scotland squad albeit he is a bit part player for them.  If he does end up somewhere in the bottom portion of the English championship with a Wigan-like team I reckon he could probably kiss goodbye to his international career but if he stays with us and is still in the spotlight then he could eventually end up with quite a number of caps.  Cash or caps???  ???

I think history’s proved that playing in the English lower leagues can only enhance your chances of a Scotland call-up.  :dunno:

I think history’s proved that playing in the English lower leagues can only enhance your chances of a Scotland call-up.  :dunno:

Seems to depend on the manager. Under Strachan I would agree and i think it was one of the things that alienated him from the scottish fans. Mcleish seems to be giving scottish based players a chance though,which is as it should be.