Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January window

If the NYC story is true then it's cheerio GMS.

Their season starts in March, there would be no point in them showing interest but waiting till his contract runs out in late May by which time half their season is gone so hopefully we can tan them for £200k (more realistically £100k but you have to at least try) so they can get him in time for their pre-season training.

Would it be worth letting him go for that little? We would then need to recruit a new winger.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be worth letting him go for that little? We would then need to recruit a new winger.

We will need to recruit one no matter if he leaves now or in the summer.

If we force him to see out his contract, we end up with an unhappy player on our books who is inconsistent at the best of times. If his heart was no longer in it that inconsistency could convert to consistent shyteness.

I hope GMS goes to NYC and I hope they have a home game in the middle of May when I'm there. Never considered bothering with a sporting event when I'm over this time. Fuck baseball and basketball and NFL, shit sports the lot of them but I would definitely pay to see GMS in action, even though I don't rate him very highly (powderpuff) despite, sadly, he being undoubtedly one of AFC's best footballers. Never watched "soccer" in the states. I bet the crowd are interesting for their extreme obesity and their ignorance of the game.

I hope GMS goes to NYC and I hope they have a home game in the middle of May when I'm there. Never considered bothering with a sporting event when I'm over this time. Fuck baseball and basketball and NFL, shit sports the lot of them but I would definitely pay to see GMS in action, even though I don't rate him very highly (powderpuff) despite, sadly, he being undoubtedly one of AFC's best footballers. Never watched "soccer" in the states. I bet the crowd are interesting for their extreme obesity and their ignorance of the game.

New York City schedule for you.

https://www.nycfc.com/schedule

Would recommend attending sporting event in the US if you get a chance Rocet as they do know how to do make it a an event. Plus they let you get booze at your seat.

Many thanks Jute. Yes I've been to events in the US but wouldn't go back. Once was enough. Not been to soccer though and as they're not at home when I'm over, won't be breaking my duck this year. I will be at Bethpage for the US PGA golf - moved to May from August where it had been for every year of my lifetime - but that's not the same stadia experience that we are talking about.

mulumbu available on loan get him signed

Can't see it. Not with Shinnie, Ferguson, Ball, Gleeson and young Campbell all competing for the position that he would also be trying to fill. Even if Shinnie were to leave in this window (unlikely) I wouldn't want to put someone else in the way of hindering Campbell's progress.....he is the long term solution and needs to be getting as much game time as possible now

As you do when down at the local shop I had a sneaky scan at the EE while waiting in the queue(and because the boy in front decides to ask for about 19 scratch cards at the last minute  :hammer:).

Mcinnes saying he's hopeful GMS will stay til at least the end of the season,despite the NY interest.And Hoban hoping to be available for the Stenny game

Rumours on the Celtic forums and Twitter that a deal has been agreed in Dubai between Aberdeen and Celtic for McKenna.

£4m plus Hendry and Hayes. No idea if they're loans or permanent (one would have to be permanent at least as can't loan two players from same club).

Could be a lot of shite and one guy's story has grown arms and legs. But, if that deal was on offer, would you take it?

For me, as long as there was a sell on clause included should Celtic eventually sell him on for big money, I'd take it.