Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January window

Rumours on the Celtic forums and Twitter that a deal has been agreed in Dubai between Aberdeen and Celtic for McKenna.

£4m plus Hendry and Hayes. No idea if they're loans or permanent (one would have to be permanent at least as can't loan two players from same club).

Could be a lot of shite and one guy's story has grown arms and legs. But, if that deal was on offer, would you take it?

For me, as long as there was a sell on clause included should Celtic eventually sell him on for big money, I'd take it.

Fuck no, I wouldn’t take that. Given what we knocked back in the summer, 8 million is a fair number to consider. An average at best hendry and an aging Hayes no thank you. If he leaves I’m pretty certain it’s to England.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck no, I wouldn’t take that. Given what we knocked back in the summer, 8 million is a fair number to consider. An average at best hendry and an aging Hayes no thank you. If he leaves I’m pretty certain it’s to England.

We knocked back much less than that in summer. Milne has already said the offer from Villa was nowhere near the £6.5m figure that was quoted.

Honestly wouldnt want Hayes back. As much as he was good for us he hasnt played much for the last couple of seasons and he wont have the same engine now at 31. Hendry seemed to be a good player at Dundee but I would value him at no more then 1 mill so would be expecting at least 5-6 million on top. But I would generally prefer not to sell to a rival. We want to get him into the English market with a decent sell on clause. If he does even half decent down there a 20% clause could net us an extra 6mill+.

If we accepted that deal then we may as well just accept that we have become Celtic's bitches. Hendry has regressed from the form he was in at Dundee and right now is worth no more than £500-750k. Hayes 2 years older plus one serious leg break.....likely to be slowing down and worth around £250k.

I'm certain this is just a Dhimwit starting a story in the pub having heard that we were out in Dubai at the same time as his club and the story growing arms and legs as it is passed from one plastic Paddy to another.

I'd expect a top end Championship to cough up at least £8million for his services and if the reported Newcastle interest is true possibly even £10million.

Selling to Sellic should only be considered for stupid money otherwise as TC says, we be their bitches.

Fuck Hendry and Hayes. Not good enough for them and not good enough for us.

So what is stupid money?

Like McInnes - the great judge of talent (thus Milne giving him an exorbitant income) - I don't think McKenna is worth millions of zillions. McInnes can't rate him very highly as he never played him for years despite seeing him in training every day, presumably, unless he's one of these prima donna coaches who leaves the work to others. It was only in a crisis 15/16 months ago that he was he forced to play him at Fir Park and as the boy done well, continued to play and developed into our biggest financial asset, based purely on potential of course.

Specifically, he has too many mistakes in him and he has no silk. He's just a big unit of average technical skill. He will never be good enough to compete with EPL quality so if stupid money is offered, get rid. Then we have even less chance of winning the league unless the chairman allows the manager to reinvest it all in "the football side of the business", which he won't and assuming the manager is good enough to spend it wisely, which he isn't.

Could be b.s, but been told we've been offered Jason Cummings  .  :dunno:

Sincerely hope it is. Forest desperate to offload him to anyone, couldn't even get into the Peterborough team in the last 2 months he was there, with a bizarre incident taking place in the flat he shared with a fellow player....

Talented obviously but problems with attitude and maturity. Will likely end up at Hibs again and do reasonably well. They've already got a striker with attitude problems so another one won't faze Lemon

Cummings is a mercurial talent.  Now say what you like about DM but by and large his players really want to play for him.

If it came to pass I reckon he would get a pretty decent tune out of him.  It's a no from me mainly on hunnish grounds but I wouldn't be raging if we did sign him.

Some roaster has just called the Radio Clyde phone in asking if anyone on the panel has heard the McKenna to Celtic  deal mentioned earlier "as his pal has just e-mailed him to assure him this is a done deal"  :laughing:

What is worse.....Mark Wilson said he had heard it, couldn't confirm anything but felt it was a good deal in principle for both parties  :hammer:

At least uber Hun Alex Rae said that in view of us rejecting Villa's bigger offer in August he thought it was a non-starter

Cummings is a mercurial talent.  Now say what you like about DM but by and large his players really want to play for him.

If it came to pass I reckon he would get a pretty decent tune out of him.  It's a no from me mainly on hunnish grounds but I wouldn't be raging if we did sign him.

Not sure if you’re trying to stir things up but some of your recent posts seem to go against sensible consensus, just because.

Cummings “mercurial’ ???

He’s a fat, lazy, waste of space with an over inflated sense of worth. Never a footballer.

If not, I’ll have whatever you are.

Oh and whoever made up the McKenna nonsense can fuck off, unless the made up deal involves a 100% sell on clause. ?

Scott Allan’s undoubtedly got the potential to be a decent signing (not that I think it’ll happen). However, I’m not sure where he fits into the team as it currently stands.

Our fun of form in December was when we settled on a system with two hard working midfielders and May playing off Cosgrove. Allan won’t do the same job as Ferguson or Shinnie as he’s a number 10, and I don’t think he’d put in the shift that May has of late either. So we’d need to go back to 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him, which is all well and good but we’ll need to sign a striker who can play as the “1” because the ones we currently have don’t suit that system.

Stewart I could see as a straight swap for May; a different type of “second striker” but a potentially more prolific one.

Not so sure Gregg Stewart would relish coming back  given the fact he was pretty much a bit part player, often out of position, don't get me wrong , i rate him & would like to see it happen.

Scott Allen, hasnt really featured at the Girodome , but must have something, where is his preferred position, attacking midfielder ?    just off main striker no.10 ?