Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Really no such thing as an international friendly these days as they all carry ranking points and so playing weakened teams in order to appease club sides will inevitably impact on your world ranking.

You're right, but both clubs and players treat them as friendlies without any added weight. Still a large number of call-offs.

Surely to fuck Cummings won't get near it? He's fucking pap.

I suspect he’ll get a run. To think back in the day archibald, Andy gray, Graeme sharp couldn’t really get a game up top despite club success due to the quality of forwards we had.

Surely to fuck Cummings won't get near it? He's fucking pap.

Pap sevconian/oldco players get picked routinely. Even that utter fud Ian Ferguson got 9 caps. And don't start me on that lanky carthorse McPherson. So Cummings will probably now get 25 plus caps.... and when McCrorie regains fitness you can bet your life he will be next in line.

Pap sevconian/oldco players get picked routinely. Even that utter fud Ian Ferguson got 9 caps. And don't start me on that lanky carthorse McPherson. So Cummings will probably now get 25 plus caps.... and when McCrorie regains fitness you can bet your life he will be next in line.

I'd be happy to say that McCrorie looks a decent prospect though, so actually wouldn't complain if he was included. Cummings was an inconsistent Hibs player who got a decent move off the back of a couple of performances. He's Chris Maguire

Michael Stewart made a decent point though, it wasn't blooding the players that was the issue, it was blooding the wrong players. The midfield was made very week in order to try out guys that shouldn't be anywhere near a Scotland team in an area of the pitch that we are relatively strong. McDonald isn't as good as Fletcher, McArthur, McGinn, Adam, McGregor for example. Neither Cairney. It was a weird one and we were very imbalanced as a team as a result.

However, it was just a friendly, and the right time to give it a shot.

Cairney is supposedly valued at 20 million so I don't really have an issue with him getting tried out. Admittedly he wasn't great but apart from Robertson, McKenna and McBurnie, no one on Friday night was.

We all know Celtic players will form the backbone of the side for the next couple of years at least. We do need to find alternatives though in case they get injured. What I don't get tonight is McGregor starting again. We know he's a decent keeper but is getting on a bit. Would have been better to try McLaughlin in one of the games to see if he is up to the job.

Aye, really bigging up McKenna on the BBC, got to be worth £20M now. We could rebuild the mainer with that sort of dough.

Decent all round performance, Hendry and McKenna would make an excellent pairing. I understand the idea behind Mulgrew, but he fucks up at least once a game when he switches off. Good save fae the keeper. Stewart saying it's uncharacteristic from Mulgrew, but it absolutely isn't, he very regularly loses possession in dangerous areas.

Anyway, some good stuff in areas, but we're lacking up front and we need to ditch Forrest, he offers nothing for Scotland (other than a couple of decent performances in the last campaign). We need something different in that area. That extra bit of time he gets for the tims just doesn't happen for Scotland. If Snodgrass comes good again, then that'd be ideal.

good to see Big Eck back, decent performance all considered.

hopefully Eck sticks with McGinn, McKenna, Armstrong, McGregor rather than Championship players from England.

Add Robertson, Tierney, Fraser to that and we have the nucleus of a decent team at a good age.

Lad Hendry looked impressive as well, also the Minker to return.