Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread

New Aberdeen signing Dave Bus could make his debut against Hearts after joining on loan from De Graafschap.

Lee Mair and Richard Foster are fit again, Stuart Duff is available after being cup-tied, but Richie Byrne, Karim Touzani and Sone Aluko are out injured.

Winger Neil McCann has been added to the Hearts squad for the first time since breaking his leg in August.

But Calum Elliot and Marius Zaliukas are suspended, while Andrew Driver and David Cesnauskis are injury doubts.

Aberdeen (from): Langfield, Diamond, Considine, Mair, McNamara, Bus, Dan Smith, Foster, Duff, Nicholson, Severin, Young, Miller, Jamie Smith, De Visscher, Lovell, Mackie, Jonathan Smith, Soutar.

Hearts (from): Banks, Neilson, Karipidis, Berra, Goncalves, Driver, Palazuelos, Stewart, Cesnauskis, Ksanavicius, Velicka, Bjornsson, Mikoliunas, Nade, Wallace, Jonsson, McCann, McGowan

Mon the dons, lets pummel these clowns! Would be nothing better than turning up in their ground on Tuesday after turning them over a few days prior!

I think pissin on the shitecastle floor might be better... or ever better than that - shittin on the floor - shittin on the terrace - hell, shittin on the pitch!!! The big permanent marker's comin with me at least!!!

Was thinking about that too and how it'd be handy if i forgot to take it with me after leaving a toilet cubicle...

ha ha - yer turds?!?!? if ye really want tae tak 'em - put em in a polly bug like those dog walkers do with their dog do!!!  ;)... then throw that on the pitch

...else ye can smear them on the wall like bobby sands!!!

(p.s. i think my account's been hacked!  ;))

Aye!!!! I think your account's been hacked too!!!!!!

Langfield, McNamara, Diamond, Considine, Severin, de Visscher, Nicholson, Smith, Miller, Young, Foster.

Foster in for Lovell the only change from Tuesday.

I dont see what the guy needs to do in order to get a decent run! barring the Dundee utd game he has seemed pretty good these last few weeks!

Why can we not play 2 good games in a row? If it means we'll thrash United on Tuesday I'll accept it, but it's been going on all season. 3-0 v Motherwell, thrash Copenhagen. 3-0 v United, great performance v Falkirk. So infuriating.

Not that I think it's Jimmy's fault (mizer!), the players have to work out why this keeps happening.

Just in.  Very poor stuff.  We were probably the better team but only started creating chances when we went 1-0 down.  I don't think our disallowed goal was offside, it was right in front of where I sit.

Awful mistake from Duff for the goal.

Seve and Young both off injured in the first half.  JC made the mistake (in my opinion) of bringing Maguire on for Young and moving Smith to wide left.  Maguire is far too lightweight against Hearts' physical defence.  Mackie or Lovell would have been by far better options.

Ref didn't help, Hearts were getting away with some very physical challenges.

JDV, Zander and Miller probably our best performers but it was just so disappointing after Tuesday.

A duff pass by Duff and it's 1-0 Hearts...

The signing of Duff reminds me very much of the signing of Neil McFarlane from Hearts a couple of seasons ago. A very average utilty player(doesn't know if he is a midfielder or defender) that had fallen out of the picture at his club, only for us to offer them a short term contract in order to try and prove they are actually a decent player.  Also, worryingly, Jimmy Calderwood appears to be trying too hard into talking himself into believing Duff is a good player.  Hope I am wrong though, it is only fair to give the boy a chance.

We were a total disgrace yesterday, an absolute shiter of a performance from everyone in red but there were noteable exceptions that were actually excelling at looking shite in a field overburdened with natural fertiliser.

Ricky Foster was just awful, hardly ever picked out a red jersey, genuinely worse than a man doon.

Chris Maguire, safter than ma first shite.

MacNamara in the second half was a total shadow of the player we thought he would be. Damned with feint praise, the best that could be said was he was "better than Mair".

No-one in that team could be spared criticism, truly shocking and their wages should be given to a local charity because not one of those cunts earned them.

Jimmy Calderwood appears to be trying too hard into talking himself into believing Duff is a good player

Duff was very unlucky' date=' I don't think he can foot the blame for the goal, it was a sore one for all of us and I won't be putting the blame on him. Stevie Lovell was picking his nose and it distracted Duff.[/quote']

So he crucifies Lovell in the media last week but doest think "Stuart Duff's poor back-pass " was to blame for the goal see_stars.gif

Jimmy, just say he was nervous in his first game and people make mistakes yadda yadda or something similar ph34r.gif Stop annoying me, please!!

So he crucifies Lovell in the media last week but doest think "Stuart Duff's poor back-pass " was to blame for the goal see_stars.gif

Jimmy, just say he was nervous in his first game and people make mistakes yadda yadda or something similar ph34r.gif Stop annoying me, please!!

Jimmy Calderwood, when he wakes in the morning he tries to think up new ways to annoy Mizer.  ::);)

Yet again JC can't win with you mizer... maybe stuart duff should be at home dwelling on the fact he was nervous and made a mistake which cost us the game?

Stop annoying me, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go read what I wrote again min........Duff is an Aberdeen fan he will know fine well his mistake led to the goal in his debut and be gutted by that. JC saying yes he made a mistake but we are going to move on is not going to be any better than saying he was not to blame.

The fact we don't have a big squad, the players are knackered and we're playing two games every other week is not the managers fault.  I think if we hadn't lost young and seve we would have won the game - so i'm angry at calderwood for injuring them! 

I never mentioned the game, I agree with your sentiment about small squad/injuries/frequency of games and the injuries during the first half obviously affected the game. I didnt even really listen to the radio so I dont know how we played outwith people speaking to me on the phone after the game. I was just commenting on his strange stance on the goal.

I have yet to see Duff play, undoubtedly I will see him on Tueday and then start to make a judgement. What better way to make up for your mistake and prove yourself than against your old team.

p.s. were you at the match caller?

No I was working, just like you have to.

Jimmy Calderwood, when he wakes in the morning he tries to think up new ways to annoy Mizer.  ::);)

Jimmy Calderwood is good at his job  :thumbsup:

Duff made a total howler for the goal but he didn't look that bad, there were far worse players on the pitch than him.

With regard to the refs performance, what a cunt!!

Hearts players were going down like 20 dingbat hoors and yet he continued to do nothing.

Diamond, first foul, have a booking. The southstand side linesman is well known as useless cunt too.

Duff made a total howler for the goal but he didn't look that bad, there were far worse players on the pitch than him.

With regard to the refs performance, what a cunt!!

Hearts players were going down like 20 dingbat hoors and yet he continued to do nothing.

Diamond, first foul, have a booking. The southstand side linesman is well known as useless cunt too.

I did catch the BBC commentators slating the ref and the linesman, however their main gripe was the diving of Lee Miller and how he seemed to be trying to get one of the jambos on a yellow card sent of by only diving near him. Thoughts?