Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aluko loan extension

Happened a few days ago but there is no thread about it.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/fd/dd/0,,10284~3530237,00.jpg[/img]

Sone Aluko has just signed an extension to his contract that will see him stay on loan at Pittodrie until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old's existing deal was due to finish today, but ex Aberdeen defender and Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has agreed to the extension.

Alex McLeish has told Sone Aluko his Premiership dream will be realised if he can steer Aberdeen to success this season.

The 18-year-old was sent on loan to the Dons by Birmingham during Steve Bruce's tenure as manager.

McLeish's appointment at St Andrews led to uncertainty for some Blues fringe players but Aluko has been told he still has a future with the club. McLeish agreed to extend the England youth player's loan this month and Aluko is now looking forward to the remainder of the season.

He said: "It was a last-minute extension to my loan and Aberdeen tried hard to keep me here. It is great for me because every player likes to feel wanted.

"I was introduced to Alex McLeish when I was in Birmingham recently and he asked me if I was enjoying it in Aberdeen.

"He spoke to me about the Bayern Munich game and the other cup ties. He told me to keep trying hard, to keep playing well and to learn as much as I can.

"The manager has said he will be watching my progress. Steve Bruce and Eric Black also have a good knowledge of the Scottish game and that is a good thing for me.

"It was Eric Black's links to Aberdeen which took me to Pittodrie and those linkshave continued with the new manager.

Hopefully he can bag a few more goals for us before he leaves

Has he actually bagged any?

From what I've heard, he's got lots of pace but no end product.  Sort of like Maguire but without the fresh-air swipes.

He scored an absolute beauty against United at Pittodrie a few months back.  I reckon he'd have more in the way of end product if any of the rest of the team moved and looked like they actually wanted the ball when we attack.

He scored an absolute beauty against United at Pittodrie a few months back.  I reckon he'd have more in the way of end product if any of the rest of the team moved and looked like they actually wanted the ball when we attack.

No room for that progressive school of thought down Pittodrie!  :wave:

• 2 weeks later...