Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celeb Deaths

fatjim

• 2 weeks later...

Even at 90 that’s a real sore one & it’s a very very sad day. I’m unashamedly a massive fan of Sean Connery and I struggle to think of many/any other actors in history who could match his sheer presence & charisma on screen. Shurely one of the greatest movie stars of all time. He was sometimes unfairly (IMHO) underrated as an actor - see The Hill and The Offence!  And the criticism he got in later life for just playing himself with the same voice all the time seemed to miss the point - that’s what people wanted to see & hear!

I really like what Daniel Craig has brought to Bond but there’s no debate for me at all that Sean WAS Bond and will never be matched, let alone surpassed. I was brought up on Roger Moore’s films but they’re now unwatchable, whereas I can still enjoy any of Sean’s - including Diamonds Are Forever!

He also transcended acting as he was just such a big person in Scotland (“towering over Scotland from his home in the Bahamas” as Billy Connolly once joked).  There’s been no one quite like him. 

Best film? The Untouchables

Favourite film? Last Crusade

I’ll be raising a dram to the big man tonight. RIP a total legend.

• 2 weeks later...