Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Partick v Aberdeen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just home, first beer consumed and very happy camper.

Very good team performance, no failures today

Zola & Magennis both on the score sheet and contributed a lot to the overall result apart from their goals.

Pawlett just looks like a different player to previous seasons and is obviously benefiting from an extended run in the team.

On Partick, fair play to them, they tried to play football through out and if they continue to play to that standard there is no way the likes of St Mirren will finish above them.

Lastly, nice one with McGinn and agent (I think) siting with the fans, in fact McGinn was in the seat in front of me, and managed to get a good blether with him.

Anyway onwards and upwards, certainly didn't see a 3-0 coming

Wasn't able to listen to the game Al, what happened to Hayes?

Also, its definitely a good thing if McInnes has selection issues, pleasant change :)

Late in the game went on a run up the right, went to cut inside whilst one on one and seemed to collapse in a heap without any contact. Then whilst he was off getting treatment McInnes sent on Robertson for Considine which seemed a strange time to do it. Thereafter Hayes was virtually a passenger and every time he got the ball he was booed by the Partick fans on the far side of the ground

I presume some thought it was a dive most of the booing ceased soon afterwards,

Disagree about the booing ceasing, Hayes was booed every time he touched the ball after that, even though it would have been obvious to the love child of Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles that he was genuinely injured

Another good post match interview from the gaffer too, he's in a different league from our 3 previous managers who've all struggled to handle interviews for different reasons. Calderwood was a bullshitter, McGhee had no social skills whatsoever and frequently resorted to just making shit up, and Broon was too nicey nicey about everyone and everything.

I like McInnes, top banana.

Would imagine that todays performance may well give Derek some selection issues for next Saturday's game

P.s Hope Hayes is ok, as seemed to go down in a  lot of pain and was a passenger for the last six or seven minutes

I would stick with the same team for next week but hopefully get Robson back in for Smith.

The back four should certainly be our line up for the season and I don't see Anderson being anything more than back up from now on.

Zola did well and grew in confidence the longer the game went on and certainly deserves to start again.

Magennis excelled in his impact sub role and should remain in that position.

Absolute delight to see Pawlett play, showing the ability he promised 2-3years ago before getting fucked about by Brown and brilliant to see him get on the score sheet.

Superb win yesterday, next week will be a real challenge however. ICT are absolutely flying and if we win I'd be confident of a good finish this year

Good performance and good support although the booing of the "huddle" was a piece of nonsense. Pawlett was excellent and looked like the player he was when he first came through - exciting, lively and threatening. Smith did well and Jack kept everything ticking over nicely.

I would say though that I am far from convinced about Wylde. Fast, but when he got the ball he rarely looked up. Never varied it at all either, always on the outside - head down and run. I thought it was Scott Muirhead with added shit tattoos.

Think folk need to take a wee chill pill regarding Wylde and give the boy a chance.

He hasn't exactly had a huge amount of game time since leaving the defunct Glasgow Rangers. Whilst he might not have been our top man yesterday, he wasn't exactly shite and his ball in for Hayes volley at the start of second half will do for me, and hope to see much more of that. Give the boy time to get some game time under his belt.

As an aside, you think any Hun is going to complimentary about him ???

Think folk need to take a wee chill pill regarding Wylde and give the boy a chance.

He hasn't exactly had a huge amount of game time since leaving the defunct Glasgow Rangers. Whilst he might not have been our top man yesterday, he wasn't exactly shite and his ball in for Hayes volley at the start of second half will do for me, and hope to see much more of that. Give the boy time to get some game time under his belt.

As an aside, you think any Hun is going to complimentary about him ???

Wait a minute mate, no one has written him off. I said I was far from convinced from what I saw, Manc just said what hun mates had said and Maverick also said he hadn't seen enough to judge. It's initial thoughts, that's all.

And regarding the ball in for Hayes; I made this point to my mates yesterday. If you remember, he had beaten his man. Stopped the ball. Stepped back. Looked up. Stepped forward and crossed it. Great cross, you're right. That was right after half time. I am willing to bet he had had a bollocking for not looking up before crossing, and was worried about getting hooked, and made sure of his delivery. And that's fine, but he is a winger and should be expected to be able to cross the ball on the run after having had a look at the penalty area. I hope my initial fears are wide of the mark, but I am a bit worried about him.