Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McNamara free to go

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149213&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149206&contentPK=19060665&folderPk=85709&pNodeId=149229

Jimmy says McNamara is free to go should he get a management job offer. I think that's probably about right as it hasn't really happened for him at Aberdeen for one reason or another and it would free up his not unsubstantial salary for someone else who could hopefully make an impact.

Seems a bit of a shame, but if he isn't doing the business then there is no point in holding on to him.

I would have thought that his experience alone would have been very usefull in keeping the defence tight this season (more so with anderson leaving), however that hasn't been the case and as pointed out before he seriously lacks pace and seems to have lost his passing ability - in the end the wages dont justify the end product...... unfortunately this seems to be too often the case with AFC.

He can go any time he likes as far as i'm concerned. He's been very poor and his passing has been especially shocking. Doesn't look up for it at all. And god knows what wages he's commanding, but on his displays so far it's way too much. I had higher hopes for him when he came, despite him apparently being poor at wolves, but now quite frankly, i'd be happy to see the back of him.

Seems a bit of a shame, but if he isn't doing the business then there is no point in holding on to him.

I would have thought that his experience alone would have been very usefull in keeping the defence tight this season (more so with anderson leaving), however that hasn't been the case and as pointed out before he seriously lacks pace and seems to have lost his passing ability - in the end the wages dont justify the end product...... unfortunately this seems to be too often the case with AFC.

I'm also extremely disappointed with Jackie mac, andf share the view that if only for the benefit of passing on experience I thought he was a good signing.... unfortunately just not happened though

I'm also extremely disappointed with Jackie mac, andf share the view that if only for the benefit of passing on experience I thought he was a good signing.... unfortunately just not happened though

I agree with you Al, and what others have said. Was reasonably excited at the prospect of him coming in but hasn't offered much and isn't even a guaranteed start which I guess says it all.

Also I'm concerned about his lifestyle - bdb saw him blazing in Largs a couple of times, and the last two Saturdays he's been spotted out in Stirling (with Miller and others) and the previous week the Griffin in Glasgow. Would have expected Jackie Mac to be more 'professional'. Maybe I'm just being harsh on him but he has been a disappointment this season.

Do you think St Johnstone are interested in him or just Jimmy hypothesising?

We drastically need to STOP wasting our time and money with these has-beens such as McNamanamanamanamanamana, Brewster, Crawford, etc. We must start ploughing money into our youth system. Look at the Hibs youth system. It has basically brought them out of the red and they are now one of the few Scottish sides running in the black! And very much in the black too! Why? because they are nurturing their own talent, and then selling them for a fortune. When was the last player to come through our ranks with the smallest bit of talent? Bagshaw! And what did we do with him? Released him!

Guest Ewetoob

Pretty much a done deal that he's going to killie in january. he also thinks JC is an "orange bastard" and that he's a shite manager.  This has come from the player himself.

He's certainly right about his colour, and not too far wrong with his other opinion.

He's another player that seems to be affa injury prone.

When was the last player to come through our ranks with the smallest bit of talent? Bagshaw! And what did we do with him? Released him!

do you not live in new zealand or australia?  i have no idea about the ability of bagshaw, i've read/heard that he's nae bad from some, shite from others, i'm just wondering how you know his ability

New Zealand. Does that make a single bit of difference when a number of regulars on DT used to go to the youth matches and brag about his ability? I haven't seen him with my own eyes, but the wonder that is the internet allows people on the other side of the world to see, hear and read about things that happen in and around Aberdeen.