Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jonny Hayes - Agrees to Join Dons

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen FC can confirm that agreement has been reached with Jonny Hayes on a two year deal that will commence at the end of his present contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser stated "We met with Jonny's agent Des Byrne prior to the last game of the season and both Jonny and his agent felt that this was the right move for him. Negotiations were carried out in an extremely professional way and I am pleased to say he has chosen Aberdeen ahead of a number of potential clubs. Jonny was a key target for Craig and we are delighted with the outcome".

Jonny will sign the deal after undergoing a medical on his return from holiday.

Sorry it's from the Sun.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4347703/Jon-aint-Don-deal.html

Jon ain’t Don deal

IN A HAYES ... Jonny's denied joining Dons

Pic: Kenny Ramsay

By ROBERT THOMSON

Published: 31st May 2012

CRAIG BROWN has admitted Aberdeen may have ‘jumped the gun’ over Jonny Hayes — but he still hopes to sign the winger.

0 comment

Related Stories

The Dons released a statement yesterday claiming the 24-year-old winger had agreed to join them on a two-year deal from Inverness next month when his contract expires.

Aberdeen believe they have beaten off competition from Caley, Hibs, St Johnstone and Hartlepool to sign Hayes and were keen to announce his arrival at the club.

But the player himself clouded the issue by taking to twitter to deny he’s already signed for them.

Hayes is currently on holiday in Thailand and insisted he will not make his mind up until he returns in mid-June.

He said: “I have not signed for Aberdeen!

“My agent was speaking to them before I went on holiday ten days ago, I’ll know what’s happening when I get back.

“I don’t have my sim card on holiday so no one can contact me about football.

“I’ll talk to people when I’m back in mid-June and we’ll see where we are.

“But I won’t be making a decision until I get back.”

Accortding to Dons gaffer Brown, the Pittodrie club has been told by Hayes’ agent of his desire to join and indicated that the player will sign the deal on offer next month.

He expects him to arrive at Pittodrie this summer, but conceded that the club had been too keen to get their good news out.

He said: “We spoke to Jonny and his agent a while back and I’ve heard from the club he’s agreed to come.

“That is positive news but until he’s at Pittodrie, he has had the medical and the contract has been signed it’s only an agreement.

“Maybe someone has jumped the gun a bit.

“I’ve certainly not said he’s signed for us, I will say that once he’s here.

“I would always prefer to wait until things are completely finalised and the last I heard Jonny was on holiday in Thailand.

“What I would say is that I still expect things to go through because his agent has said he wants to join us and our chief executive, Duncan Fraser, is very good at his job so I don’t see any complications developing.”

the desperation he's showing to wear the red shirt truly brings a tear to the eye. all the makings of an aberdeen hero.

he can fuck off

Im not sure that many players are desperate to join us these days. Ill take good over desperate to wear the shirt any day of the week and couldnt care less if he only came here for a bet, as long as hes good if and when hes here

Im not sure that many players are desperate to join us these days. Ill take good over desperate to wear the shirt any day of the week and couldnt care less if he only came here for a bet, as long as hes good if and when hes here

the club have been atrocious and it's probably a good thing that we've not got our hopes up only to potentially see him sign for someone else. but if he signs for us he'll have my full support, until then he's not our player and when he could have said nothing, he publicly made us all look like cunts (which we are, but that's not the point).

My agent was speaking to them before I went on holiday ten days ago, I’ll know what’s happening when I get back.

“I don’t have my sim card on holiday so no one can contact me about football

So apart from keeping up to date with football stories, and using twitter to talk about those stories,  no-one can contact you, you mean?

If you're going to claim to be "in communicado",  it might be better if you just didn't say anything !  ( a bit like we all wish AFC hadn't said anything .

Farce.

• 2 weeks later...

‘Scott Vernon can get 20 goals for Aberdeen FC’

Johnny Hayes can supply ammunition

By Sean Wallace

SCOTT Vernon was today backed to smash the 20-goal mark in the new season – thanks to winger Jonny Hayes.

Aberdeen FC recently confirmed Hayes, who is out of contract at Inverness Caley Thistle, has agreed a two-year deal at Pittodrie.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown is convinced Irish winger Hayes can provide the ammunition to help Vernon become the first Red to hit 20 goals in a season since Billy Dodds in 1996-97.

so he's joining whether he likes/knows anything about it or not then...??

Massively reassuring....NOT

What a fucking joke we really are. You simply couldn't make it up. Do we have a Plan B come the end of this month and Hayes decides he isn't coming to us ?

Craig Brown confident Aberdeen bid to sign Jonny Hayes won't be derailed by Hearts

Jun 13 2012

ABERDEEN boss Craig Brown is confident Hearts won’t gazzump his bid to land out-of contract winger Jonny Hayes.

The Pittodrie club announced earlier this month that the Inverness star had agreed a two-year deal to join the Dons.

But the Jambos have launched a late attempt to snatch the 24-year-old Dubliner even though there is no manager in place after Paulo Sergio quit.

Brown, though, is convinced Hayes will be in his starting line-up when the season starts in August.

He said: “It is our understanding Hayes will join us after his summer break.

“He is under contract to Inverness until the end of this month and we plan to complete the formalities of the deal after that.

“Nothing is certain as far as a transfer goes until the contract has actually been signed but we have been told Hayes will be joining us and I fully expect him to be here next season.”