£24m - Tom_Widdows

£23m - Topcorner

£22m - Edinburghdon

£21m - Glasgow Sheep

£20m - Tyrant

£19m - Scotfree

£18m - Kowalski

£17m - BigAl

£16m - rocket_scientist (and that's a fucking steal)

£15m - Capitalsharpie

£14m - mizer

£13m - Bilbo

£12m - Sandaldinho

£11m - The Tradesman

£10m -

£9m -

£8m - Dave min

£7m -

£6m - TF, what we'll actually get

£5m -

£4m -

£3m -

£2m -

£1m -

Fuck all -

• 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-16184565

The closing date has arrived for bids to buy Aberdeen Football Club's home - Pittodrie Stadium.

The club put the 107-year-old ground on the market earlier this year after securing outline planning permission for 350 homes on the site.

The club says the sale of the 13.7-acre Pittodrie site is key to securing the £38m needed to build a new stadium, capable of holding about 21,000 fans.

This would be at Loirston Loch on the southern outskirts of the city.

Barr Construction - which has built many stadiums - has been named as the preferred contractor.

It is hoped the stadium - which is planned to be an iconic landmark - could be ready for the 2013/14 season.

In March, Scottish ministers decided against calling in the proposals.

The new stadium project was subject to 140 objections from local communities and groups concerned about the environmental impact.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Aberdeen property prices had remained pretty stable (with a slight drop) throughout this period. Lord knows we need to wipe out as much of this burden/SMs noose as possible.

But it will be replaced by a massive mortgage. Secured on a stadium that's on land that isn't as valuable as the land we're currently on. Fucked. We're fucked. Moving to this stadium will kill us I fear.

But it will be replaced by a massive mortgage. Secured on a stadium that's on land that isn't as valuable as the land we're currently on. Fucked. We're fucked. Moving to this stadium will kill us I fear.

Well that's cheered me right up. 

Why we talking about mortgages?

I'm sure I read somewhere this week, possibly in another thread, that Milne and his stooges had raised 80% of the new stadium.

Have not see anything offical from the club as to how this is being funnded.

Anyone got a link to something from the club?

If that's the case then they've already managed to pull the wool over my eyes.  I was under the impression that the 80% that they've raised wasn't through loans.

Then again I'm not really surprised to hear that they have raised it this way.  Doing it by themselves would involve effort.

All in all I've not paid much attention as I simply don't give enough of a fuck about the club and even less so for the move.

The club hopes to be operating from Loirston Loch by the start of the 2013/14 season but needs to raise £38 million to fund the new arena.

Duncan Fraser, Aberdeen FC chief executive, said: "While the sale of Pittodrie is the key element of our funding model for the new stadium at Loirston Loch, progress has also been made regarding the securing of naming rights.

"The other elements are the raising of fresh equity and, on the back of that, securing a mortgage.To that end, the major shareholders remain totally committed to contributing additional equity and while we will require further equity, we would hope that the sale value of Pittodrie together with the naming rights and a secured mortgage will mean that we will be more than 80 per cent there in terms of raising the £38m required for our new home.

So I take it as a new issuing of shares, selling the naming rights, selling Pittodrie and a mortgage cover £30m. We would still have £8m unfunded and a £15m of the current debt?? 

*edit

They just need to come oot and tell us what the situation is clearly!

Just had a thought.  Anyone on here in the building trade able to take a speculate on how much money is likely to be made by the buyer of the pittodrie once all the homes are built and sold?  My thought is given our illustrious home builder chairman has a bit of experience in this area it would make sense if he bought the land after outbidding the highest bidder and then gave the profits from the resulting build to the club.  He would lose nothing and the club would gain.............. never going to happen is it

£38m+ -caledonia

£37m -

£36m -

£35m -

£34m -

£33m -

£32m -

£31m -

£30m -Octavion

£29m -

£28m -

£27m -

£26m - Dons1903

£25m - MBT

£24m - Tom_Widdows

£23m - Topcorner

£22m - Edinburghdon

£21m - Glasgow Sheep

£20m - Tyrant

£19m - Scotfree

£18m - Kowalski

£17m - BigAl

£16m - rocket_scientist (and that's a fucking steal)

£15m - Capitalsharpie

£14m - mizer

£13m - Bilbo

£12m - Sandaldinho

£11m - The Tradesman

£10m - Granite City Reds

£9m -

£8m - Dave min

£7m -

£6m - TF, what we'll actually get

£5m -

£4m -

£3m -

£2m -

£1m -

Fuck all -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-16184565

The closing date for bids to buy Aberdeen Football Club's home - Pittodrie Stadium - has been deferred.

The club put the 107-year-old ground on the market earlier this year after securing outline planning permission for 350 homes on the site.

Impression of new stadium The new Aberdeen FC stadium would be able to hold about 21,000 fans

The club says the sale of the 13.7-acre Pittodrie site is key to securing the £38m needed to build a new stadium, capable of holding about 21,000 fans.

The closing date was extended from Thursday until the New Year.

The new stadium would be at Loirston Loch on the southern outskirts of the city.

Barr Construction - which has built many stadiums - has been named as the preferred contractor.

It is hoped the stadium - which is planned to be an iconic landmark - could be ready for the 2013/14 season.

In March, Scottish ministers decided against calling in the proposals.

The new stadium project was subject to 140 objections from local communities and groups concerned about the environmental impact.

:-\

By us I assume AFC?

Isn't there loans from Gilbert and Milne to Talltray repayable this year if Pittodire is not sold at a rate of something like 10%. Plus the older loans that were rolled up and taken on by talltray?

Therefore my guess is less than fuck all, where's that option?

I'm almost waiting for Milne to sell Pittodrie and build the stadium at cove out of his profits from Talltray and Afc in general then rent our new ground back to us at a rate that keeps us forever financially crippled.

Oh and delays like that are what happens when you put a; Hun in a job because of his father, in charge of something important.