Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Chalali

Algeria Under-23 striker Mohamed Chalali has agreed a contract to join Aberdeen.

But the 22-year-old will be unavailable to face Inverness on Saturday as the paperwork will not be completed until next week.

Ahead of the completion of negotiations, Aberdeen manager Craig Brown said: "We're pleased with what we see in training."

International clearance and a work permit will now be sought.

Chalali is a free agent after being offloaded by Greek Super League club Panionios a year into a three-year contract.

The Paris-born striker began his career with Le Havre before moving on to another French second-tier outfit, Chateauroux.

Aberdeen have failed to score in their four Scottish Premier League games so far this season.

Brown is therefore keen to add to his attacking options, although he insists that his current squad are capable of ending the goal drought.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my negativity, but delighted for what reason?

That we have new blood in, and from all reports can cause an upset for defences unlike our punting it up the field to the strikers in hope.  We have a good centre midfield and he (hopefully) can the spark that without him we would lack.  With no Aluko or Maguire if we went for the other boy who is a poacher we would heve been sunk.  Listen, I aint saying he is our saviour or nothing but our other options were sorely lacking.  Gie the boy a chance I am sure this Omid Djalili boy will be great  :thumbsup:  Ever the optimist ;D

That we have new blood in, and from all reports can cause an upset for defences unlike our punting it up the field to the strikers in hope.  We have a good centre midfield and he (hopefully) can the spark that without him we would lack.  With no Aluko or Maguire if we went for the other boy who is a poacher we would heve been sunk.  Listen, I aint saying he is our saviour or nothing but our other options were sorely lacking.  Gie the boy a chance I am sure this Omid Djalili boy will be great  :thumbsup:  Ever the optimist ;D

Fair enough. I admire your optimism. Years of freebie foreign imposters unable to keep mackie out the team have left a sceptical auld c**t these days.

Our options up front have severely been lacking right enough but I can't help thinking that this signing is a case of 'we've got nothing else on the transfer front, so we'll give this guy a shot'. But all the best to the boy and hopefully he can provide a badly needed spark of creativity.

Our options up front have severely been lacking right enough but I can't help thinking that this signing is a case of 'we've got nothing else on the transfer front, so we'll give this guy a shot'. But all the best to the boy and hopefully he can provide a badly needed spark of creativity.

I agree with you RDU, I hope the boy turns out to be a good signing but it does smack slightly of desperation.

Time will tell as always, he may turn out to be a budding star, but with our track record...

Not exactly wetting myself at this signing but we canna be picky. You never know. He could turn out to be amazing and his last club realeased him two years early from his deal because they needed to slash their wage bill.

Ahh the power of denial.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/85/5a/0,,10284~9919109,00.jpg[/img]

width=400 height=304http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/87/5a/0,,10284~9919111,00.jpg[/img]

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110823/algerian-completes-dons-deal_2212158_2429251

Aberdeen have confirmed the signing of striker Mohamed Chalali, with the completion of his international paperwork resulting in his inclusion in the squad for this evening's Scottish Communities League Cup 2nd round clash with Dundee at Pittodrie.

The 22 year old returned to the Granite City this morning having spent yesterday at Panionis, his former club in Greece, securing the signed documentation that allowed him to receive international clearance.

Pittodrie boss Craig Brown is delighted to have the Algerian under-23 skipper cleared to play. "The lad is ready to explode on to the scene. Although he had a very early start today, he's now getting some rest and is desperate to play. He can play wide but wants to be a forward."

Tonight's game, which kicks off at 7.45 pm, will go to extra time and penalties if required.

I foresee a version of amarillo being sung for this guy if he's even slightly good

On you go  ;)

Sha la la lala lalala

Sha la la lala lalala

Sha la la lala lalala

When the day is dawningon a Texas Sunday morning

how I long to be there

with Marie who's waiting for me there

every lonely city where I hang my hat

ain't as half as pretty as where my baby's at

Is this the way to Amarillo

every night I've been hugging my pillow

dreaming dreams of Amarilloand sweet Marie who waits for me