I've been weepin' like a willow

Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li, Cha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-li"

Already foresaw it lads.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until end of season according to the postie on twitter

We seem to have a real fixation with one year deals.

Whilst I can understand this to a certain degree, we are never going to have a settled team going forward, and are constantly going to be scurrying about looking for replacements.

We seem to have a real fixation with one year deals.

Whilst I can understand this to a certain degree, we are never going to have a settled team going forward, and are constantly going to be scurrying about looking for replacements.

this

and anyone shows themselves to be any use we will most likely lose them for sweet fa

this

and anyone shows themselves to be any use we will most likely lose them for sweet fa

My point entirely mate......within five or six months, they're free to speak to other clubs.

I guess the other side of the coin is that they turn out to be shite then we're stuck with them for longer.

I know its a little bit radical  ;), but what about if we had confidence in our scouting and signing policy we'd be comfortable with offering longer deals ;)

My point entirely mate......within five or six months, they're free to speak to other clubs.

I guess the other side of the coin is that they turn out to be shite then we're stuck with them for longer.

I know its a little bit radical  ;), but what about if we had confidence in our scouting and signing policy we'd be comfortable with offering longer deals ;)

fucks sake al stop talking sense, you'll be wanting a properly balanced squad and a board that respects its fan base next!

How about this for mental...

see when we get a budget? how about we use it to put a team together that is able to fill 11 positions required for a football team?

i'm led to believe there are such things as wingers and full-backs...not sure how true that is though.

i mean it's certainly an option to take the budget and get 8 or so positions filled on short term contracts, so that those guys are due to leave the club at the point when we're next able to recruit for the remaining positions...

maybe this is the business model we should be trying.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/08/25/aberdeen-s-mo-chalali-insists-ibrox-doesn-t-worry-me-i-ve-been-dealing-with-greek-riots-86908-23369896/

ABERDEEN new boy Mohamed Chalali swears he'll thrive amid the bedlam of a hostile Ibrox on Sunday - because he's spent the last few weeks watching riots erupt all around him in Athens.

The Algerian striker was desperate to quit the trouble-torn city where he played for Panionios as civil unrest turned the streets into a danger zone.

Now he's safely on board at the Dons, Chalali is desperate to be pitched in for a full debut at the home of SPL champions Rangers in Sunday's SPL clash and insists he will take the intimidating atmosphere in his stride.

The 22-year-old, who showed his potential as a sub in Tuesday's 1-0 League Cup win over Dundee, said: "I have come here determined to do well and score goals for the club which will hopefully start against Rangers.

"It would mean everything to me if I could get my first goal in Scotland in that game and there is no worry from me about playing at Ibrox.

"There have been troubles in Athens with all the rioting because of their government cutbacks and it was a very difficult time. I have a family and young child so am happy to be away from there now."

Chalali revealed former Rangers star Madjid Bougherra convinced him to relaunch his career with Aberdeen.

But he feared the deal would be scuppered when financiallystricken Panionios moved the goalposts and tried to force Dons to pay a transfer fee.

Chalali said: "Panionios agreed a deal with Aberdeen then tried to get money for me so I was worried the move would collapse.

"They still owe me two months' wages and bonuses but I was happy to forget the money and come to Aberdeen.

"I talked to Madjid about moving to Aberdeen and he advised me to come here. He said it was a good club and that Scotland was a strong league."

I'm surprised Bougherra had any nice words to say about us!  :o

Maybe the filth didn't manage to successfully brainwash him during his time there, or alternatively he is just saying it to get back at the hun pricks that have taken pleasure in slating a player they all apparently wanted to stay at the time.

Don't know if Isaac's taking the piss, drunk or if the dressing room is THIS close...

from twitter:

osborne52oz isaac osbourne

"Mohamed Chalali is a target and would add a creative spark -- to all dons fans wanting to know players that may coming in. #progress"

14 minutes ago

osborne52oz isaac osbourne

"I was told he was being looked at didn't know he'd actually sighed though! Never the less he will have a creative spark so I've keen told"

57 seconds ago

Put it this way, he scores against der huns, he's a hero.  Maybe for a few weeks but still goes down in history.  Get it right up they weegie b@stards.  Sick o gettin stick about how long its been since we got a win a castle greyskull. Forget everything, this is what its all about!! COYR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...