Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Gavin Rae

Well what a fucking surprise that would prove to be if quotation is true ::)

Of Floodm Rae and Dailly, I'd probably take Flood first. An utter cunt on the park, but so was Hartley, and at least he'd be our cunt

I actually think I'd weep if we ever signed Dailly. How that prick made the career he has is beyond me. More international caps than Number 6.  It's either someone's idea of a sick joke or it's a really bad dream.

GAVIN RAE insists he would only return to the SPL to join boyhood idols Aberdeen.

The former Rangers and Scotland star is mulling over his next move while on holiday with his family in Australia after being released by Cardiff.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown has made no secret of his desire to bring Rae, 33, back to the city of his birth.

He faces opposition for Rae's signature from a number of English Championship clubs, but midfielder Rae, capped 14 times, gave Brown hope when he claimed the Dons were the ONLY club in Scotland he would sign for after four years at Cardiff.

Rae said: "I grew up supporting Aberdeen and they are the only team I would sign for in Scotland.

"I am open-minded about the future right now and there is a lot of thinking and talking to be done."

Rae endured a frustrating final season with the Bluebirds, making just seven appearances as Cardiff once again were unsuccessful in gaining promotion to the top-flight via the play-offs.

Rae, who last appeared for Cardiff in January, said: "I am gutted to be leaving and it was a frustrating season for me. I felt there were times when I could have played, even if it was to give others a rest.

"I was ready to play at any moment and in my heart I believe I might just have made a difference in some matches."

But Rae loved living in the Welsh capital, where twins Gabriella and Jacob were born.

He added: "I have enjoyed every minute of my time in South Wales.

"We settled as a family and love the city and the area. The fans have been fantastic to me and I thank them for that."

Gavin Rae is exactly the kind of over-the-hill old dude looking to pick up a pay cheque in the twilight of his career sort of a signing that Aberdeen should be looking at. 

Maybe we can sign a fucking sloth from Edinburgh zoo inna, just to give the team the exact amount of pace and energy the SPL demands.

SO, so far Hearts have signed three, Unt one or two, meanwhile us?

Depspite needing an entire backbone (personnel and metaphorically) of a team, we have been linked to two players in the twighlight of thier careers.

I must rush and bag my season ticket.... :hammer:

Relax, the season's only just finished!

We've made an approach for Steve Jennings of Motherwell.

SO, so far Hearts have signed three, Unt one or two, meanwhile us?

Depspite needing an entire backbone (personnel and metaphorically) of a team, we have been linked to two players in the twighlight of thier careers.

I must rush and bag my season ticket.... :hammer:

Thats the spirit eh ;)

I'm not panicing just yet, though it would be nice to see a decent signing being made, and soon.

sorry but with average attendances being gash this season past, the fans need something to get excited about otherwise season ticket sales will be pish as well.

That board of directors need to show us the support that they want a team fighting for silverware and not just surviving in sub mediocrity.

• 2 weeks later...
Charlton join race for Aberdeen FC target Rae

Craig Brown faces competition for Gavin deal

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 07/06/2011

GAVIN Rae today confirmed Charlton Athletic are slugging it out with Aberdeen FC for his signature.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown wants to make Scotland international Rae his second major signing of the close season.

But Brown knows he faces serious competition to seal a deal for the midfielder.

Next.

My thoughts exactly, if he hasn't signed up to his "boyhood" club already there's no point in wasting our time. Though I think I read somewhere he was in Australia (may have been in this thread) so I will give him a bit of slack.