Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

St Mirren - Aberdeen 6.4.2011 7.45pm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we have a game tomorrow!

Could be a shocking attendance, neither team have much to play for.

In/Out: Out

Pre-Match: Pomona Inn, Finstown

Match: Darts @ Stromness Golf Club

Post-match: Home

Prediction: Drab 1-1.

Add to that, this 'protest' issue at St Mirren by their fans, it could well be a shocking attendence.

Pre-Match: Library

Match: Library

Prediction: Drab 1-2.

Add to that, this 'protest' issue at St Mirren by their fans, it could well be a shocking attendence.

Pre-Match: Library

Match: Library

Prediction: Drab 1-2.

What protest issue?

Pre-Match: pub

Match: pub

Prediction: 2-1

What protest issue?

I was snooping about the Virtual West Bank around our cup tie and there seemed to be an issue with a boycott. I can't seem to find the specific thread now when I look back but there was/is definitely an issue with the club's board and/or Danny Lennon which has contributed to the boycotting of games by fans. Not that you would notice much of a difference!

I'm now not going. Had been going as a mate told me it was only a fiver entry with a student card but apparently that only applies if you get the ticket in advance so would actually cost me £20 to get in tonight. Should have checked earlier but now I don't really fancy paying £20 for a ticket to a fairly meaningless game.

I'm now not going. Had been going as a mate told me it was only a fiver entry with a student card but apparently that only applies if you get the ticket in advance so would actually cost me £20 to get in tonight. Should have checked earlier but now I don't really fancy paying £20 for a ticket to a fairly meaningless game.

http://www.donstalk.co.uk/messageboard/index.php?topic=14170.0

Phone up St Mirren and you can get student tickets for £10 and collect them at the ground

Aberdeen: Langfield, McArdle, Diamond, Considine, Smith, Paton, Young, Milsom, Pawlett, Magennis, Maguire. Subs: Howard, Anderson, Vernon, Aluko, Vujadinovic, Jack, Blackman.

Interesting seeing Paton and Pawlett given a run out. Hopefully Pawlett in particular can impress.

Mon Dons.

Can someone please explain why, no matter who they've played for, we have always struggled to contain Higdon and Dargo?  Two players who are bog standard but cause us problems repeatedly.  I wasn't at the game tonight but seeing their names on the scoresheet didn't surprise me at all.  Fucking woeful.

Strange game.

Absolute shambles for first 10mins but then totally dominated the 1st half, BBC had us at 62% possession.  Having said that although we had a few decent shots we never really tested their keeper or created a clear cut chance. 

2nd half we come out on the front foot and more than deservedly draw level and look like we'll probably push on and win the game.  Then McArdle gets injured and from that point on we reverted to a shambles. Couldn't keep hold of the ball and were bullied into mistakes absolutely gifting two goals, with question marks over Young at both (in RB position) and Smith for the first and Paton the second.

They created a few other chances before our customary late goal at the new St Mirren Park, unfortunately not enough to get a point, which may have been fair enough.  Game finished with Langfield down holding his ankle after a late challange.

Over all the defence didn't actually play too horrifically until McArdle went off.  Pawlett and Paton were looking lively out wide, although why we insist on playing PP on the left is beyond me, while the front two were lively first half.

Jack and Vernon did little when they came on and Vuj had the odd scary moment.

Overall probably better than recent games first half, and as bad as recent games 2nd half. 

If we are to have any chance in the Semi we need to keep our 1st choice back four (who ever they are) together and fit and hope our midfielders all regain full fitness.

Finally, apart from the result, excellent entertainment value for £9.

Bring on Hibs

Win, lose or draw, I just don't care any more.

I'm getting like that myself, just want to get the 17th out of the way now. If we win - great, if we lose - at least that puts an awful season to bed.

I can't even be fucking bothered with Donstalk any more, everything AFC depresses me at the moment.