Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Odds on Alan Archibald to Hearts tumbling this morning.

Reckon he'd be a decent appointment for them if left to get on with things without interference from Avril

would be a very shrewd appointment by them imo.  Rate him but would be interesting to see how he copes with a bigger budget.

He's a guy I would like to see considered if and when Deek eventually ups sticks. Would be an excellent appointment for Fartz would certainly steady the ship if he was allowed to do his own thing backed with a bit of cash. Question is do they have that cash right now with the ongoing stand funding issue. If they don't then taking it could prove toxic to his career at least in the short term.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Owen Coyle to Ross County

Christ, how the mighty have fallen :laughing:

Good luck to him. I think its refreshing to see someone like Coyle head back to a 'smaller' Scottish club.

Suggests to me that he isn't just chasing money and is prepared to actually 'manage' a team rather than rely on a transfer kitty to carry him.

Too many managers get a couple of sniffs of Englandshire and then turn their noses up at any Scottish club (apart from the obvious gap years that comes with yon Tic).

Good luck to him. I think its refreshing to see someone like Coyle head back to a 'smaller' Scottish club.

Suggests to me that he isn't just chasing money and is prepared to actually 'manage' a team rather than rely on a transfer kitty to carry him.

Too many managers get a couple of sniffs of Englandshire and then turn their noses up at any Scottish club (apart from the obvious gap years that comes with yon Tic).

You thinking Alex Neil here Tom?

Suggests to me his stock is low and he's trying to rebuild his reputation at RossCountyFootballClub and will aim to rebuild his reputation at the footballclub etc etc and so on and so forth.

Suggests to me his stock is low and he's trying to rebuild his reputation at RossCountyFootballClub and will aim to rebuild his reputation at the footballclub etc etc and so on and so forth.

The boy is full of shit. He always has been. He always will be.

There is no doubt that he had some initial success in his managerial pursuits.

But these were honeymoon effects, nothing to do with any inherent ability.

He's a fud. A weegie wannabe.

Whatever he does in this job, see him in 5 or 10 years time. It will be nothing.

Cos he's a fucking nothing.