Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

I know I shouldn't have looked....but weebazza the crab is quoted as saying this today

""The guy for me [would be] Derek McInnes. But they are not going to get Derek probably until the end of the season."He's the perfect guy for the job. He's done an unbelievable job up at Aberdeen and he suits Rangers down to a tee."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/15122244.Aberdeen_boss_Derek_McInnes_the_perfect_fit_for_Rangers_job___Barry_Ferguson/

Awwww, McGoo has gone.  I was looking forward to hammering him on the 11th, so he'd always be remembered as the man who was responsible for both our record win and record loss by managing to be on the losing side both times.

Please please please please let him be the new Sevco manager.

I know I shouldn't have looked....but weebazza the crab is quoted as saying meaning this today

""The guy for me [would be] Derek McInnes. But they are not going to get Derek probably until the end of the season."He's the perfect guy for the job. He's done an unbelievable job up at Aberdeen and he suits Rangers down to a tee."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/15122244.Aberdeen_boss_Derek_McInnes_the_perfect_fit_for_Rangers_job___Barry_Ferguson/

what he meant to say.

We'll see a lot of this until the zombies drop to 5th, then it will be Ian Cathro and Tommy Wright's turn.  It's 1 part wishful thinking, 1 part envy, and 8 parts shit-stirring.

• 1 month later...

I suppose it's possible that Dundee finish second bottom and Dundee United qualify to play them in the (fuckin stupid) play off.

I'd be shiting myself about this if I was a Dundee fan.

I think its now a racing certainty to happen....

And the blue joots will win

Shame for him like, probably nae quite deserved. Very difficult losing yer two best players. It's not like Dundee have a wealth of resources to find adequate replacements. It's basically down to luck. If you manage to get one or two good signings then yer sorted. McInnes has been very lucky in that regard with us. He's either been able to sign the best of the rest, or make three or four decent signings with a view to getting lucky with one or two.

Ah well, that'll teach Hartley for the tims debacle

Shame that, personally think he got Dundee punching above their weight.  It will be interesting to see if this makes them better or worse now.

A lot of Dee's fans would disagree. Especially when they had their best team in some time, they still failed to manage to make the top 6.

Or any of a number of experienced, available managers. It stinks of them trying to employ a former player for no good reason than he's a former player. It'd be interesting to hear what qualities that the Dundee board thought that McCann has that a "time-served" manager like Hartley doesn't? I suspect none.

I hope they go down. McCann is a dick.

I hope they stay up. Proper club with proper fans that bring a helluva lot more to the league than your Hamiltons or ICTs.

That said McCann is a hun tosspot despite being catholic. His prerogative I guess but hes a bellend on Sky Sports so hopefully the blue joots survive by the skin of their teeth and bin him for someone else in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...