Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

Seems strange...why go for Larsson (very mediocre managerial record) and then Keane (very mediocre managerial record) knowing the only reason you want them is to put bums on seats and then settle for the guy no one has heard of?

I heard that Lennon had a meeting with Dermot Desmond and was discussing signing on for a couple of more years etc, Desmond said "What would you do if an English team came calling for you?" Lennon: "I'd go". Desmond: "Pack your bags tomorrow then."  The budget story is bullshit, unsurprisingly.

Alan Stubbs next for a 6month holiday at Easter Road

Apparently being given title of head coach and not manager which suggest the recently appointed head of football operations is going to be having a larger in put in to team than was originally suggested.

EX-SCOTLAND star Scott Booth dodged a driving ban today after police found him asleep in his car after a bust-up with his wife.

The former Aberdeen striker was spending the night sleeping in the driver’s seat after the falling out.

But a court heard he was soon discovered parked at a DIY store with his headlights on by police, who said they could smell alcohol on his breath.

When he failed a breath test, he was taken to a station where he refused give two more samples of breath.

But Booth, who is now manager of Stenhousemuir, narrowly escaped a driving ban after his lawyer argued it wasn’t mandatory to disqualify him.

Outside court, Booth said: “The fact that I was sleeping in my car, I totally didn’t realise I was committing an offence.

“I think I’ve been fairly dealt with under the circumstances. Obviously it puts me in a precarious position with the points driving-wise.

“But as I say, I honestly didn’t realise I was committing an offence. Lesson learned.”

When asked why he had fallen out with his wife, he said: “I’m not going to go into that.”

At Dumbarton Sheriff Court, Booth, 42, pled guilty to failing to provide the samples at Clydebank police station when he was in charge of the vehicle on January 30 this year.

Fiscal depute Claire Wallace, prosecuting, told the court that police found Booth in his car at 2.05am in the car park of Homebase in Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire.

She said: “The officers approached the vehicle and found the accused sitting in the driver’s seat. The accused appeared to be sleeping.

• 2 months later...

Derek Adams first casualty of the season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28966439

Ross Country have sacked manager Derek Adams and his father George, who was director of football at the club.

The Staggies are without a point after four league matches this season.

"It's the most difficult decision I've ever had to make in football," said chairman Roy MacGregor, who added there was no imminent plan for a replacement.

"Not only are George and Derek personal friends, they gave this club so much history. In many ways the club would not be where it is today without them."

Coach Steve Ferguson and captain Richie Brittain will look after the first team for Saturday's Premiership game at Hamilton Academical.

Adams, 39, had two spells as a player with County, becoming player-manager in 2007, winning the Second Division and earning promotion to the First Division.

He also led the club to the 2010 Scottish Cup final, with a semi-final victory over Celtic, before losing out to Dundee United at Hampden.

Adams left in November 2010 to join Hibernian as assistant manager to Colin Calderwood but returned to Victoria Park in May of the following year.

In his first season back, he won the First Division with five games to spare to secure the club's first promotion to the top flight and was voted PFA Scotland's manager of the year.

County, who were admitted to Scotland's senior ranks in 1994, finished seventh in their first campaign in the Premiership.

George Adams, 64, took over as director of football in 2005, following youth roles at Aberdeen, Motherwell, Celtic and Rangers.

"George was a major contributor, even before he was football director - in his time with Rangers and Celtic, in the development of the club, so this goes back over a decade," added MacGregor.

"So to think a change needed to be made was a fairly serious situation.

"But we feel in the interests of the club - both on and off the park - this is the right time to make a change."

• 2 months later...