Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

No need for the homophobia rocket but I agree with most of what you say. 2bf though in the Arsenal invincibles era he did give me probably the best, if not,  certainly the most enjoyable side I have ever watched.  Particularly because whilst I am of the opinion that Zidane is the best player I have seen the player I have most enjoyed watching in my years (bar Jess) is Dennis Bergkamp.  Wenger did not take him to Arsenal but he polished him to a hell of a shine so I will always remember Arsene Wenger with fondness even if he did leave Arsenal a decade too late.

It wasn't intended to be a sleight on his sexuality. He's probably happily married, I don't know and I don't care. I apologise if I offended you. The word poofter was meant to signify weak, as in he's a weak (and odd) man. But I guess these days the context has changed as homosexuals are no longer odd and there's no reason for them to be "weak". I must take care when posting in the modern era, especially after an evening of libations.

Agree that his team were beautiful in the early and mid 00's. But after SAF chewed him up and spat him out, it was obvious that his management weaknesses were fatal. He was finished more than 10 years ago. He had no chance of winning the league this decade. I was backing a home win last night and was delighted to see it come in.

Nah not offended, no apology necessary.  I knew what you meant I just felt it was a poor choice of language that detracted from and cheapened a good point.  Fwiw I don't think you're a homophobe, you clearly hate everyone quite equally ?

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

You're a fucking disgrace man. Your crime was milking your limited talents.

Well said.

Three league titles, seven FA cups and two European finals. Pure disgrace.

Glad we never ended up wi him at Pittodrie.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye that's a hilarious een. Took them to 8th and gets the dunt. The fans never liked him nor his style of grinding play.

Fat "corroupt" Sam. Cha's the cud lick a coo. Chuddie Sam. Wankstain of a human.

Have a blue nose mate and he absolutely hated his style of play. Time will tell if it’s the right call or not. But as TC says, can see Moyes ending up back there. Two bang average managers.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Two bang average managers.

That is nonsense Manc.  Allardyce got Bolton into the UEFA cup amongst other things as well as rescuing a few hopeless causes from relegation.  Moyes had a really good Everton team, worked wonders at Preston and obviously Fergie had a high enough opinion of him to recommend him to Man U.

Just about every club that these two have been to are in a far worse state a few years down the line than when either Allardyce or Moyes were in charge.

That is nonsense Manc.  Allardyce got Bolton into the UEFA cup amongst other things as well as rescuing a few hopeless causes from relegation.  Moyes had a really good Everton team, worked wonders at Preston and obviously Fergie had a high enough opinion of him to recommend him to Man U.

Just about every club that these two have been to are in a far worse state a few years down the line than when either Allardyce or Moyes were in charge.

Allardyce I'll give you, but Moyes, no. You're talking about the past here. Everton and Preston were a long, long time ago.

I probably should have qualified that by just saying a corrupt twat and a bang average manager when describing them both.

Guest jinkyjoe

Allardyce I'll give you, but Moyes, no. You're talking about the past here. Everton and Preston were a long, long time ago.

Davie Moyes is an interesting one.  He looks to have made a number of bad job choices since leaving Everton rather than being particularly bad when he arrived in those jobs.  He's still a decent manager but his next job is likely to be in the championship.

Guest jinkyjoe

Lambo shafted by Stoke after 15 games. What is going on? You've got no chance in the EPL unless you are an instant success. Wonder if Del fancies that gig?  ;)

Lambo shafted by Stoke after 15 games. What is going on? You've got no chance in the EPL unless you are an instant success. Wonder if Del fancies that gig?  ;)

Stoke are a far more stable club than Sunderland and I have no doubt if they came calling DM would be offski. However I doubt he would even make the top 10 of Stoke's short list of possible replacements. Supposedly Moyes is top of their wish list despite him turning them down in January.

Guest jinkyjoe

Stoke job is tailor made for Moyes.  He could play his usual style of fitba without being battered by the fans.  He's got to be a certainty for that post.

Supposedly Jack Ross also spoke with Sunderland. Surely to f@ck he has to be a far better option than that mutant Rae? Every time I see him on tv he reminds me of a martian

Could it be that Ross is just far too intelligent to take on that basket case of a club.

Rae, however on the other hand  ;)

Stoke are a far more stable club than Sunderland and I have no doubt if they came calling DM would be offski. However I doubt he would even make the top 10 of Stoke's short list of possible replacements. Supposedly Moyes is top of their wish list despite him turning them down in January.

Garry Rowett been given permission to speak to Stoke by Derby according to SSN.

Could it be that Ross is just far too intelligent to take on that basket case of a club.

Rae, however on the other hand  ;)

Sunderland officially taken over today and debt written off. Might not be such a basket case going forward.