Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Was hearing this yesterday. Can't see it. Not an appointment that the Sunderland fans would get behind at all I don't think.

It's maybe that sort of appointment they should get behind. They've had the big names, they've had the seasoned EPL managers and it's still not enough. Maybe a realisation of exactly where they are would really help them.

It's maybe that sort of appointment they should get behind. They've had the big names, they've had the seasoned EPL managers and it's still not enough. Maybe a realisation of exactly where they are would really help them.

I don't disagree with any of that but let's face it.. football fans aren't known for their intellect. Especially not fans from that neck of the woods.

hqdefault.jpg

If ever there was a man screaming to be put out of his misery, it was Arsene.

A thoroughly bizarre decision. It's obvious to everyone that Wenger can't win the league.

Aye but I suspect whilst Arsenal remains a consistent and profitable organisation Stan Kronke will be quite happy to not rock the boat whilst it's making him money. He's nae interested in gambling on a new appointment obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alex Neil appointed manager at Preston. Suspect this will probably end our interest in May.

I disagree like. I'm not convinced Neil will think he'll be able to get enough out of May to get him to perform in that league. Certain players just don't gel in specific leagues, and I reckon May is one of them.

I disagree like. I'm not convinced Neil will think he'll be able to get enough out of May to get him to perform in that league. Certain players just don't gel in specific leagues, and I reckon May is one of them.

May did well at Sheffield Wednesday scoring 7 goals in 26 starts and 13 sub appearances in the same league so not sure where you are coming from there.

You could argue Neil will know him better and how to get the best out of him.  You could see him giving Tommy Wright a call about it.

Aye, I don't see it. He'd have to gamble on getting a hell of a lot more out of him. Depends on budget of course, but I don't see him offering him anything more than a sub role.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...