Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Jaap Stam binned by Reading. Probably the type of job McInnes should be linked with but in view of their precarious league position they'll probably go for someone like Harry Redknapp with a proven record in England

Replaced by sacked Swansea manager Paul Clement.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Could 'Sparky' Hughes claim a double if Stoke and Southampton get relegated? And would he be the first manager to take two teams down in one season?

Pardew binned by WBA by "mutual consent".......ie given £1million and told to fuck off to anywhere not within 50 miles of Birmingham. McInnes 12/1 with the bookies to take over. So looks like he is going to be with us for another 12 months till WBA bin whatever unlucky git who gets appointed finds himself 15 points adrift of the automatic promotion places next season......

I can’t see how West Brom would ever appoint him unless they were a league lower. Rightly or wrongly, There are many other “names” ahead of him and let’s face it, Chinese owners only want instant success and known managers. Personally hope we’ve started to look at the future with the knowledge that he will be off at some point. We can not afford another summer of absolute shite like the last one. There’s no doubt in my mind he won’t be getting the West brom job.

That is exactly what I'm saying MD.......WBA are doomed and will be in the Championship next season. When they find themselves 15 points off the automatic promotion places they will bin whoever is unlucky enough to replace Pardew. At this point (I reckon Dec/Jan) McInnes will become a viable managerial candidate.

Whilst I doubt him ever getting the West Brom job, he is probably no worse than most of the limited gene pool which constitutes the EPL managerial merry-go-round. No doubt it will go to another 'name' who has had limited success in the EPL other than a good track record of mid table mediocrity.  I suspect Hollywood teeth down at Parkhead will be more of a contender than DM.

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t believe it’s actually happening. Well and truly the end of an era. Definitely time for a change but at least he’s probably doing it on his terms?

22 years is a hell of a long time to remain as manager of Arsenal.

Good luck to him on his next post.

Next Arsenal Manager betting has Rodgers as 8/1.

That will test his love for his beloved Celtic if offered the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Arsene Arsehole. You ended it well.

His team delivered a 4/5 opponent's win tonight, a result never in doubt.

Cunts like you make me vomit Wenger.

But I love the fact I saw through you so often through the years.

You're a fucking disgrace man. Your crime was milking your limited talents.

But by fuck you were an exceptional talent-identifier.

Just not a manager of men. Cos real men don't get inspired by poofter teacher cunts like you.