Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Moyes is a good manager but he needs some media training.  Going on the TV and saying he wants the West Ham job before Billic was sacked was poor show and didn't show much class.

He seems to have a knack of picking the wrong jobs recently though.  Man Utd, although he would have been mad to turn it down, came at a time when a lot of the players were getting towards their twilight years and the board just didn't seem to want to back him with cash the way they have with Van Gaal and Mourinho.

The job in Spain was always going to end in disaster and Sunderland........well, look where they are now.

Hope he does well at West Ham because Scotland's managerial reputation in England at the moment is not great.

Magoo named as Barnet boss. At least he's finally found his level.

Harsh. I’ve heard they’re nice people at Barnet. They don’t deserve that cunt.

They’re just not very good at recruiting, that’s all. Like many, they can’t read a man.

People skills is ambiguous. For most it means skill in managing people. Exploiting them. Getting the most out of them. Paying them less than they’re worth. I’m not very good at that.

But my people skills are razor fucking sharp. If you consider my definition. The skill of understanding people, of seeing what they’re made of, seeing right through them, being able to spot the charlatan, the lazy bastard and the good guys just from eye contact, smell and feel. Sensory perceptions are mostly inexplicable, being of another realm. Teach your kids to use their instincts people. They were born with it. By like everything, we use it or we lose it.

McGhee's level is not in management, at any level. There will be good men choking in his presence.

Shankly: Nature’s Fire, available now on BBC iPlayer.

You MUST watch this if you’re interested in any of the following subjects;

Football

People

Life

Inspiration

Devotion

Achievement

Success

Change

He was the best manager ever in my opinion.

Before the imbecile wades in with infantile “banter”, remember that “best” requires definition first. I didn’t say that he was the most successful.

Harsh. I’ve heard they’re nice people at Barnet. They don’t deserve that cunt.

They’re just not very good at recruiting, that’s all. Like many, they can’t read a man.

People skills is ambiguous. For most it means skill in managing people. Exploiting them. Getting the most out of them. Paying them less than they’re worth. I’m not very good at that.

But my people skills are razor fucking sharp. If you consider my definition. The skill of understanding people, of seeing what they’re made of, seeing right through them, being able to spot the charlatan, the lazy bastard and the good guys just from eye contact, smell and feel. Sensory perceptions are mostly inexplicable, being of another realm. Teach your kids to use their instincts people. They were born with it. By like everything, we use it or we lose it.

McGhee's level is not in management, at any level. There will be good men choking in his presence.

Your people skills are fucking shite you egotistical dick drip!

You think you are better than everyone and you are a troll you muppet.

You like to put people down..the antithesis of what tou think you excel at.

Wake up.

Your people skills are fucking shite you egotistical dick drip!

You think you are better than everyone and you are a troll you muppet.

Wake up.

Ahh a third definition. The most watery interpretation. The one most commonly used, the ability to “get on” with people.

I know my strengths and weaknesses all right, and my intolerance isn’t my best suit. But people who demonstrate gross ignorance AS WELL as gross arrogance should be shot. People who dismiss everyone in schemes as “coonsil twats wi nae money” for example, people who say - I mean they believe it so much that they actually wrote it - that they can determine personality aspects from musical preferences, and people who exercise transference in their denial.

Actually, in fairness to Rocket:

He doesn't say he is very good at the antithesis of putting people down at any point.

I'm just trolling like, because I'm bored, so don't worry about it.

Actually, in fairness to Rocket:

He doesn't say he is very good at the antithesis of putting people down at any point.

I'm just trolling like, because I'm bored, so don't worry about it.

You’re wrong. He’s right. I have a compunction to put certain “people down”. Or more properly, point out the error of their ways. But when they react like a fucking arsehole, I find it difficult not to release a rocket or three.

The irony is, well, there’s too many, I wouldn’t know where to start.

He’s also spot on about thinking I’m better... at certain, specific things mind you.

Cmon cmon cmon... loves the greatest thing, that we have.

Shankly: Nature’s Fire, available now on BBC iPlayer.

You MUST watch this if you’re interested in any of the following subjects;

Football

People

Life

Inspiration

Devotion

Achievement

Success

Change

He was the best manager ever in my opinion.

Before the imbecile wades in with infantile “banter”, remember that “best” requires definition first. I didn’t say that he was the most successful.

I watched this, as despite having an irrational hatred of Liverpool Football Club, I think Shankly was  the finest football manager ever, not in a trophy winning sense of course, but he created something at Liverpool which has never been created anywhere else, he become part of the city itself as much as the club and the scenes where the people come out to greet the team after winning the FA Cup for the very first time and they way in which they listened to him speak and hang on his every word was something to behold.

Watching Ian St John & Keegan cry when speaking about him showed how much the man meant to the club and most of its players.

Hard to believe now that three small mining communities in the west of Scotland gave the footballing world Stein, Shankly and Busby.

I watched this, as despite having an irrational hatred of Liverpool Football Club, I think Shankly was  the finest football manager ever, not in a trophy winning sense of course, but he created something at Liverpool which has never been created anywhere else, he become part of the city itself as much as the club and the scenes where the people come out to greet the team after winning the FA Cup for the very first time and they way in which they listened to him speak and hang on his every word was something to behold.

Watching Ian St John & Keegan cry when speaking about him showed how much the man meant to the club and most of its players.

Hard to believe now that three small mining communities in the west of Scotland gave the footballing world Stein, Shankly and Busby.

You see it like I see it min  :thumbsup:

SAF actually created something at AFC that was unique and equally successful but he did it with siege mentalities, a ruthless drive and an element of tinkdom. Di Stefano described Aberdeen as "having a soul" in 1983, something that SAF brought to the front but thanks to Dick Donald and Teddy Scott and Jim Anderson etc., the many servants and enthusiasts who made up the whole culture, that made it possible for him to do it.

And yet some still think it's all about the talent of the players, not the tactics, not the strategy, not the philosophy, not the work ethic and organisation and not the culture behind the scenes, all things that their little brains can't acknowledge to exist, far less comprehend.

You’re wrong. He’s right. I have a compunction to put certain “people down”. Or more properly, point out the error of their ways. But when they react like a fucking arsehole, I find it difficult not to release a rocket or three.

The irony is, well, there’s too many, I wouldn’t know where to start.

He’s also spot on about thinking I’m better... at certain, specific things mind you.

Cmon cmon cmon... loves the greatest thing, that we have.

So you're just talking shit again.

:rofl:

Tony Pulis punted by West Brom. Would think McInnes maybe on their radar. Bit more concerned by this than I am by him going to Tribute Act.

Got to think Michael O'Neill will be another on their radar so wonder where SFA will go next. Big Eck looking more and more likely.

As said before if DM gets the WBA gig then he will go with my thanks and best wishes, though I also think that it might be a job that is almost as much of a poisoned chalice as the sevco one is...

Just hope our board have been taking note of all the recent speculation and have a suitable replacement in mind. Jack Ross will probably be the guy the press all punt for the job but I think right now is just a fraction too early. Bearing in mind our move to new stadium/training facilities, wherever they eventually end up, should be occurring sometime during the next manager's tenure. Probably not a popular opinion but I wouldn't mind McLeish on a 2 and a half year contract to see us through this period. Should he do so and win a trophy then a further 2 years would be ok, if not by then Ross should be ready for a club of our stature.

As said before if DM gets the WBA gig then he will go with my thanks and best wishes

I can’t help thinking that all these best wishes is liking rewarding and praising the man who didn’t rob the bank.

Yes he was infinitely better than the fuckers Milne appointed before him but he’s not anything other than a semi competent manager who talks a better game than he delivers. It’s fucking madness. We’re comparing him to utter shite, which is the standard in football management these days. Even Levein got a gig and as for that thick piece of nothingness in that zero club in Perth patting himself on the back in his interview last week for getting quoted for every vacancy, that’s just insane. As for John Robertson and Billy Dodds and all the other ex pros, they’re not managers, they’re unemployed (or soon will be) people looking for an opportunity. Roy Hodgson and Arry Redheid in their 90’s, Davie Moyes, Fat Sam, Gareth Southgate, Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee all getting high profile jobs is a fucking joke.