Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

SSN reporting Jack Ross to be appointed as Sunderland manager this afternoon.

http://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11695/11382737/sunderland-agree-terms-with-st-mirren-manager-jack-ross

No idea if he's any good as a manager or not but I did see St Mirren in action last month, a game they were heavily odds on to win (at Brechin), where they had a chance of winning the league (if Livi hadn't won that day) and where they took over 2,000 of a travelling support. They were fucking shite.

SSN reporting Jack Ross to be appointed as Sunderland manager this afternoon.

http://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11695/11382737/sunderland-agree-terms-with-st-mirren-manager-jack-ross

Always thought he would end up with us.

Rumoured to have been lined up as McInnes's replacement if he'd taken the Sevco gig.

First season promotion required or punted I reckon.

He will manage us at some point I reckon. Still hoping popcorn teeth will be the one who directly replaces DM whenever he leaves though.

DM would have to go fairly soon for us to even have a sniff at Lennon, his star is defo on the rise again and will take another crack at England if the right opportunity comes up.  It's not outwith the realms of imagination that Leicester in a year or so might be a possible destination given his history with the club and the managerial survival rate down there.  In short I am very confident Lennon will not be the next Aberdeen manager sadly. 

As for Ross i think he will do fine at Sunderland.  Ironically after 2 successive relegations this is as good time to get the job for as long as I can remember, they are now debt free and a lot of the big earners will be coming out of contract.  Saw Martin Bain got his jotters as DOF this week too which can be no bad thing.    They will have a much bigger budget than their competition in the league and if he signs well he will have a hell of a chance to win it at a canter. 

This is a really good opportunity for Ross who does seem very likeable, good luck to him.

Lennon wouldn't want to come to Aberdeen. Why would he?

AFC has become a poisoned chalice. Our karma stinks real bad.

We once had an inspirational chairman who's enthusiasm managed to attract McLeod, McNeill and Ferguson, the latter being desperate and almost untouchable at the time given his integrity history.

But that was the 1970's.

We've never done anything since then in terms of putting the right people in the right places.

Our chairman is a little shit.

Why the fuck would anyone want a obnoxious shite like Lennon.

It’s Cornhill he should be heading for nae Pittodrie

Agreed he is an obnoxious shyte. So was Fergie.....

Lennon instils the correct attitude in is team when they are playing the cheeks. He isn't intimidated in the way DM is. So that's why I want him. His personal traits are of no interest to me if he delivered us a side capable of pumping Celtic and sevco as frequently as Hibs do.

Back on topic it does look like Ross will get a budget at Sunderland which will blow every other team in League 1 out the water. Likeable as he is, he is an utter nonentity in England. Hopefully this won't be a hindrance in getting his signing targets to join up. And of course, should he fail to get Sunderland up at the first attempt then there is no doubt he will get a dirty great boot up the arse and won't land till he hits Scottish soil.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

That surprises me.  It's a massive job to be given based on a year and a half's worth of work at St Mirren.  Good luck to the guy but he's hugely inexperienced to be going into a club that size.  Let's face it, if he's in 10th place at Christmas he will probably be fired.

Normally inexperienced managers get big club management jobs if they have had a glittering player career but in truth Jack's playing career was ordinary and his managerial career has barely started (34 games for Alloa and 80 games for St Mirren.).

• 1 month later...

Conte sacked by Chelsea. One year too late in my opinion. Not that I like the club and their rotten, disgusting owner but I really don't like him. Egomaniacal arse.

I hear he's (Abramovic) getting israeli citizenship  ::)

Worst kept secret, surprised they took so long to announce it.

• 2 months later...

Have never understood how fans of the clubs Steve Bruce has managed,are able to build up any affinity with him,when he's jumped from one similar sized club to another,often in the same league.

"Yes,City/Utd/Villa/Rovers/Town are the club Ive always wanted to manage etc"

Wolves have surprised me this season. I watched one of their first games and they were pedestrian and lacking in quality. Only one defeat in 8 is brilliant for a newly promoted side. Nuno Espírito Santo kens fit he's deein.

The team directly above them in the EPL right now also benefit from a good manager. Howe has done a cracking job at Bournemouth. They're both ahead of Jose Mourinho after less than a quarter of fixtures played.

Cardiff are rock bottom. I've never rated Warnock. Entertaining for sure - as a man rather than opinion on his style of play - but a total blustering charlatan, full of shit.

Mark Hughes once again faces a season-long fight against relegation and like Steve Bruce, it wouldn't surprise me if he took them down. They remind me of each other those two, not just cos they played for Man U.

A good manager makes ALL the difference.