Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Managers in England

3 out of 4 ain't bad. McLaren, Garde and Neville.

Now need Fat Sam to get the bullet. Unfortunately that won't be this side of the summer and if he gets Norwich relegated and keeps Soonderlund up, I fear he may even be given another chance for 2016/17.

I despise Allardyce. More than I disliked McLaren. He's a fucking charlatan.

Fair play to neville though, he learnt Spanish in a very short time. I believe Phil takes the training sessions in Spanish. Those two have performed much better than most brits do abroad (linguistically). I think he'll do fine if he goes into management, just needs to be a bit more careful about where he goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours on the go this morning that Martinez will be sacked by Everton if they do not get to cup final.

Another person who has taken a club as far as he can.  He should have gone in the summer as Everton have just gone backwards since. Shame to see.

Rumours on the go this morning that Martinez will be sacked by Everton if they do not get to cup final.

Quite right too, one of the biggest chancers in the game. Can't set up a defence. How he has hoodwinked so many is remarkable really.

He used to do the relegation escape trick at Wigan of losing most of his matches up to March then go on a wee run and stay up... if his season had been reversed, win at the start then capitulate for the rest of the season he'd have been bulleted at Wigan and got nowhere near the Everton job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Walter mazzarri confirmed as the new Watford boss. Still think it was harsh on flores, despite their rancid form since Jan.

Agree. No way should a manager be sacked for getting a team like Watford to 13th.

Van Gaal punted

So apparently those were unconfirmed reports (again). Although all the signs are pointing to that direction. Statement (seem to be in vogue recently!)  ;D due at 1PM.

The BBC are now reporting this as confirmed, doesnt appear to be anything from the club though.

The way United treated van Gaal was embarrassing (at least it appeared that way). He was clearly a good man and deserved better than that but I suppose at least they never made the announcement during the season, unlike city. It will be interesting to see how mourinho copes with that amount of injuries if he has them.

The way United treated van Gaal was embarrassing (at least it appeared that way). He was clearly a good man and deserved better than that but I suppose at least they never made the announcement during the season, unlike city. It will be interesting to see how mourinho copes with that amount of injuries if he has them.

I can't see how it was "clear" that he was a good man. He came across as a fucking arse to me.

I know we can't generalise but as any cunt who's worked in the North sea can attest, there is a stubborn arrogance about many of the Dutch and he did nothing to void this stereotype.

Even my wife couldn't stand him and whilst her instinct is razor accurate, she never normally bothers about football people on the telly so there was something deeply unpleasant about his persona before she thought this.

I can't see how it was "clear" that he was a good man. He came across as a fucking arse to me.

I know we can't generalise but as any cunt who's worked in the North sea can attest, there is a stubborn arrogance about many of the Dutch and he did nothing to void this stereotype.

Even my wife couldn't stand him and whilst her instinct is razor accurate, she never normally bothers about football people on the telly so there was something deeply unpleasant about his persona before she thought this.

Guess growing up in Holland I was always used to his antics, but I can't disagree about the stubborn arrogance comment regarding the Dutch.  Just found the whole episode a bit disrespectful.