Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Accies on wednesday

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is what Al's alluding to, but I've heard his injury is very much worse than we first feared.

Oooft. I was always pretty concerned about the extent of his injury, given that it was a cruciate and the normal recovery time and that management were saying "out for the season", it's usually 6 months or so nowadays maybe a little longer if the injury is more complex but this "next season" talk implies a catastrophic injury or combination of injuries.

Aluko provided the spark we needed towards the end when we were stuck in a rut of lumping the ball up the field. When he got the ball to his feet he was always looking to take on defenders. Just hope he can produce more of the same over 90 minutes in the matches to come.

I suspect that we are going to see Aluko used as an impact player in the latter part of games after a more physical side has battered the opposition. He is not consistent enough to get full games at present.

I suspect that we are going to see Aluko used as an impact player in the latter part of games after a more physical side has battered the opposition. He is not consistent enough to get full games at present.

That would make sense. Although probably more so with the "lesser" teams. But he started against Hibs. I'd heard he was hauled off against Hibs due to a virus, so maybe he was simply rested until the end as Brown wasn't sure if he'd last the pace.

Yes, certainly seems to be the case, inconsistent and not disciplined in the wide areas to help his "full back".

I wouldn't mind seeing him play as part of a front 2 if Maguire is putting in more consistent performances on the wing.  I think a lot of his better performances when he first arrived and we were all raving about him involved him playing more off the striker of an advanced winger, rather than trying to utilise him as a left midfielder having to try and protect our current "full backs."

It was something I didn't quite get about McGhee's utilisation of him as well.  Everyone and their granny knows that Aluko doesn't offer a great deal defensively and seems to shirk the responsibility at times.  Now, surely, he should be getting trained to do more in this respect, and being informed throughout the match if he is struggling.  I did not get the constant starting and dropping of him because he was not offering anything in this aspect.  If you want someone to do that, learn from your prior mistakes....

I think everyone agrees that Aluko on his day offers us something very few others in our squad can and hopefully in the next 5 months we get to see some of that...

fucking pathetic that people can't wait to slag ifil when he has a bad game, but today he did well and even passed well enough, while McArdle was absolutely horrific - passing the ball to the opposition every time. Yet no one mentions either of those.  :hammer:

over all, the performance was much as it has been before. possibly slightly better. a good team would have put a goal or two past us early in each half, but at least there are positives. Vernon, Maguire and Clangers were good. Ifil and zander competant. Jack looked useful coming on in CM, folly out of position looked decent. consi was ok. aluko was the difference.

the only thing it confirms for me is that no matter what we do this year, hamilton are finishing bottom.

Brutal game, brilliant result. As others have said I will take scraping 1-0 wins to get us clear of trouble and in Brown have the perfect man for that job. Thought Bebo Langfield and Diamond all played well yesterday. David Haye had one of his better games although I still think he will be better sticking to the boxing in the long run. We still desperately need full backs and McNamee cannot get fit quick enough. Mcardle was agian given the run around and a better team would have punished us but thankfully Accies were pish. Magennis must have been a really shite keeper if somebody thought he would be better at striker. 

Don't remember that. Bit shocked also! I'd be less inclined to keep him then, but I'd still be surprised if he was on anything close to what zander, clangers, aluko are on.

All things being equal though, I'd punt others ahead of him. But I don't think we currently have anyone good enough to be automatic first choice in any defensive positions.

Congratulations to the BBC for managing to eek out four minutes and thirty five seconds of "action". Fucking awful. Apart from the goal the only decent bit of play was the Hamilton free kick and Clangers save. Fantastic work from Aluko. Did brilliantly to chase the ball down and excellent pass into the penalty box. The rest was inevitable.