Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was never expecting to win today. Tynecastle is a very tough place to go when you are on a good run of form nevermind on our form. I did not expect 5-0 though. That said Brown will get us picking up points against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren etc, the teams we should be beating. Thus gaining confidence within the team and with a few new players we can then build on from that next season.

The new management team just arrived yesterday, you did not really think there was going to be a remarkable change in performance in 24 hours. Mcghee really fucked up this squad, the lack of full backs can be blamed again for the terrible start today. Hopefully we can get that sorted in January.

I lack your optimism, unless there's some good signings made in January - which I doubt there will be :-[

I thought at least we'd have seen the "manager sacked" effect today and might have seen a bounce back. We saw another record broken - biggest defeat at Tynecastle. Doesn't bode well.  :-\

Technically it was a record equalled  ::)

I was never expecting to win today. Tynecastle is a very tough place to go when you are on a good run of form nevermind on our form. I did not expect 5-0 though. That said Brown will get us picking up points against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren etc, the teams we should be beating. Thus gaining confidence within the team and with a few new players we can then build on from that next season.

The new management team just arrived yesterday, you did not really think there was going to be a remarkable change in performance in 24 hours. Mcghee really fucked up this squad, the lack of full backs can be blamed again for the terrible start today. Hopefully we can get that sorted in January.

Agree

don't think we'll go down as i think Brown will make us tough to beat. Can't see a massive change coming over the next couple of weeks but reckon by the end of January we'll be off the foot of the table and heading up

Agree

don't think we'll go down as i think Brown will make us tough to beat. Can't see a massive change coming over the next couple of weeks but reckon by the end of January we'll be off the foot of the table and heading up

I'm hoping that if Broon is the man for the job (which I believe he is) then he can turn us around by the end of January and at least see a wee small candle flickering at the end of the tunnel, if not an actual light.  If we can't turn things around in January with the fixtures that we've got lined up then we will be in serious trouble

COYR

:AFC2:

The worry for Saturday is that Motherwell have every reason to beat us and we have nothing but personal pride and trying to impress a new manager, neither of which were evident last weekend. If its an issue of hunger then we might be in for another tough Saturday afternoon. Really hope Brown can get these guys back to feeling some pride. Confident he will do enough over the season to get us mid-table, let's hope a cup final just to put some temporary polish on the turd for a while.

I was impressed by the interviews on red tv. Knox and Brown spoke with confidence and while admitting there was major work to be done spoke of their confidence in getting the team going and building confidence within the squad.

Brown also spoke about working under pressure and how he had coped before while with Scotland. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Brown also spoke about how AFC is the only major club in a very large area and has a huge potential support to call on. He is right, but a lot of the faithful need to have belief instilled in them once again and I fear it could be a long process. Of course there is always a solid hard-core of support, but that may have dwindled as well. A guy I know, who has been a supporter since his teens like me, hasn't been to a match for over 3 years, which is something I would never have believed could happen. It would take a lot to persuade him to go back now. How many more like him are there.

Yes, the team could benefit if the support rallied round in big numbers, but what comes first, increased support, or better performances.

Never happen. They need 11 to vote for the change, why would the teams in the bottom half vote for 3 teams to go down ?

Because they will vote for the good of all Scottish football not out of slef interest and greed just like the did when the created the SPL.

Because they will vote for the good of all Scottish football not out of slef interest and greed just like the did when the created the SPL.

Why they are not talking about bringing all the leagues back together rather than a two tier SPL is a farce.

As far as I understand they want

SPL1

SPL2

First Division

Second Division South

Second Division North

Why not just name it fucking normally!