Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Whats the coldest games you have been to?

For me the coldest game at Pittodrie was the UEFA cup game v Lokomotiv Moscow, driving snow in a very brisk wind. My coldest away game was at Livi (I think dec 2005), I remember leaving the game and there was a slight mist and you could see the cold air flowing like a river down into the dell where their ground sits, bitterly cold.

@Pittodrie: Lokomotiv Moscow

Away: Livingston

Arbroath away. No contest. About ten times colder than the Lokomotiv game.

Agreed. Weather was so bad that day that all trains between Edinburgh and Arbroath were off and we were told we would have to go via Stirling only for those trains to be cancelled and in the end we had to go via Glasgow.

Agreed. Weather was so bad that day that all trains between Edinburgh and Arbroath were off and we were told we would have to go via Stirling only for those trains to be cancelled and in the end we had to go via Glasgow.

The police weren't going to let us in that day as we had "Central Belt accents and no one from outwith Aberdeen supports that lot"... :-\

east end park about 9 or 10 yrs ago.....never been so fucking cold in ma life,and we lost :(

i think the coldest ive ever been at Pittodrie was also against dunfermline about 5yrs ago,fucking baltic

I missed Arbroath but I was at the Falkirk cup game when they were sharing with Stenny.  Game played in a blizzard "terracing" sloped down away from the pitch and when we scored our second the ball picked up snow off the park leaving a nice clear line to show where it had been. Must have been seconds away from being abandoned.

I missed Arbroath but I was at the Falkirk cup game when they were sharing with Stenny.  Game played in a blizzard "terracing" sloped down away from the pitch and when we scored our second the ball picked up snow off the park leaving a nice clear line to show where it had been. Must have been seconds away from being abandoned.

Was there too, we were basically standing two yards from the touchline. John Hughes kicked the fuck out of Scott Booth all day and Hughes seemed to find it incredibly funny.  To think he and the press present him as some sort of total football guru these days grinds my gears when I think back to that.

It should be noted Scotty picked himself up every time and ready to go at the useless article again and was sublime in an utterly shite team in utterly shite conditions and even scored (I think).  He was a class act was Scott Booth.

The police weren't going to let us in that day as we had "Central Belt accents and no one from outwith Aberdeen supports that lot"... :-\

We were filmed and questioned in Queen Street when we changed trains as transport polis thought we were Hearts. Never been more insulted.

Scotland vs Faroe Islands at Pittodrie back in 1998

Had a seat at the very back row of section Y next to the floodlights. Seat was actually behind the back of the roof which created a freezing wind tunnel.

Luckily a few people in front of me went home due to boredom so i was able to move further down the stand midway through the second half.

Scottish cup tie at Alloa 2 seasons back. Driving rain, howling wind and stood on an exposed grassy bank

Scotland vs Faroe Islands at Pittodrie back in 1998

Had a seat at the very back row of section Y next to the floodlights. Seat was actually behind the back of the roof which created a freezing wind tunnel.

Luckily a few people in front of me went home due to boredom so i was able to move further down the stand midway through the second half.

Scottish cup tie at Alloa 2 seasons back. Driving rain, howling wind and stood on an exposed grassy bank

Alloa was horrific but was more wet than cold. Truly awful day out that.

Coldest home game at home was v St Johnstone, possibly New Years Day 1983/1984'ish.

Away game, would go with the choice of the Falkirk cup tie at Stenny's ground.

Drove home for well over an hour, heating on full temp and still nae fucking thawed out when I got there