Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

1gjerl.png

Says the man trying to get a contract this summer, of course he wants clubs to be richer rather than fairer.

Can't believe there's talk of putting tomorrows vote off. It's been over 2 weeks since they announced it which has been at least 1 week too long.

The ongoing disgrace that is Scottish football crashes on.

Even if they get what is fair and end up in the 3rd Division I'm struggling to give a fuck such is the quite horrific manner in which this all seems to be getting played out. I'm sick fed up with the apparent desire to accommodate the cunts and their continuing desire to deny any kind of wrongdoing as well as Cockwomble.

I'm sick fed up of all of it.  Could even do with the useless cunts at UEFA wading in and sorting out this blatant corruption at the top of Scottish football.

If tomorrow's vote is postponed and/or turned into a secret ballot then that might be the final straw for me.  At this rate next season will be getting postponed until newco are accommodated in the first or second tier of Scottish football.  The whole thing's fucked, today has been a terrible day for Scottish football.

Even if they get what is fair and end up in the 3rd Division I'm struggling to give a fuck such is the quite horrific manner in which this all seems to be getting played out. I'm sick fed up with the apparent desire to accommodate the cunts and their continuing desire to deny any kind of wrongdoing as well as Cockwomble.

Exactly how I am feeling TF.

Take a step back.

Nothing has changed today.

The SFL were never holding a vote today, although it is disappointing they have arranged it for the 12th, it needs sorted sooner.

We have had the press and cockwomble scare stories, we knew they were going to come.

Perhaps the only thing to emerge is the level of the ineptitude in agreeing contracts with get out clauses but it seems these don't come into play for another yr so plenty time to readjust.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the end.

The SPL will vote NO.  Anything else, and by that I mean delay, will sadly sound the death of Scottish Football, and I'm not sure we're there yet.

Don't let the misinformation and propaganda from the media, spl and the rest side track you.

The SFL were never going to hold a vote this week, I don't buy that any of the clubs that said NO will change their vote tomorrow. Those not committed, or who have privately decided they would vote YES, may want to postpone the vote but there will be enough to see the vote carried and the Newco will be officially prevented from joining the SPL.

and possibly here is the SPL about to vote the huns back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18699838

BBC Scotland understands that some involved in the conference call - between the 11 SPL clubs, excluding Rangers - are pressing for their own vote to be postponed to allow the lower league clubs to make a decision on Rangers' fate.

Well the staggeringly obvious problem with that is the SFL cannot make a decision until after the SPL, because the SPL voting not to admit newco would be the only thing that created a vacancy in the professional game for SFL to decide on.

They can't threaten unimaginable disaster depending on the result of a real vote, then demand a decision be made on the basis of hypotheticals.

In other news, the motherwell fans voted overwhelmingly to reject newco.

Well the staggeringly obvious problem with that is the SFL cannot make a decision until after the SPL, because the SPL voting not to admit newco would be the only thing that created a vacancy in the professional game for SFL to decide on.

They can't threaten unimaginable disaster depending on the result of a real vote, then demand a decision be made on the basis of hypotheticals.

In other news, the motherwell fans voted overwhelmingly to reject newco.

Quite, and in actual fact have we seen Seveco actually apply for the SPL spot, or hand in the paperwork required from the SFA for transfer of their licence? (I know they handed in some but given the mess they are still in was it sufficient, by the rules, you know RULES)

Anyway probably as informative as we will get here is a copy and paste job from the St Mirren forum, via P&B.  Interesting stuff, SG has clearly gone mental with his Belgium League idea and you have to ask what happens if the huns don't get promoted despite all the reconstruction plans, but anyway

I took notes at the small meeting - not the best most detailed notes but I took notes anyway. Gilmour said he was misrepresented after the shareholder meeting and I guess there is a possibility I might inadvertedly do the same but then it really would be best if he just came onto the forum and posted himself....

Anyway what I've got.

St Mirren are looking for justice, not revenge.

Gilmour doesn't rate Doncaster or Regan and was particularly scathing about both.

He is interested about what is best for St Mirren.

There is a range of sactions that can be applied to newco including transfer embargo, transference of football debt. an apology from Rangers, and points deductions for however long - however Gilmour said that the board were against the idea of points deductions because that just makes a mockery of the league and it only benefits one team - Celtic.

What St Mirren wanted was league reconstruction, changes to the voting structure to a 9-3 majority, fairer distribution of money etc.

Celtic are furious because this will affect them. They lose money and power and the current way money is distributed won't continue.

Scenarios

Newco in SPL1 - No bearing on St Mirren's finances.

Newco in SFL1 - Loss of money around £200k.

Newco in SFL3 - Potential drop in money of £600k to £1.1m. If budgeting for 11th that would be £400k. All of this could push St Mirren into administration.

Savings could be made of around £275,000 - £300,000 with job losses which would affect every aspect of the club including community and youth development. He said that some people may be puzzled by which people lose their jobs too but he said that is because some jobs are self financing from grants from the SFA or from other community funded projects and it would be cutting their nose off to spite their face if they made the employees in those areas redundant.

Gilmour spoke to Martin Ritchie at Falkirk today to try to sell the benefits of league reconstruction as a solution. His proposal is that three clubs would be promoted this season, one relegated. The following season three up, one down. This takes the league up to 16 teams in this Belgian model he talks about. I suggested 20/22 leagues but he said the problem was that Sky need four Old Firm matches per season for the next two years. He said a second tier would probably only have 10 in it because that's the feedback he got from Jim Ballantyne at Airdrie. Apparently SFL clubs don't make money from matches so they don't want more fixtures.

He said that for the SFL Clubs the figures on the TV deal - this £1m to screen Rangers games - worked out at £25,000 to £30,000 per SFL club. He acknowledged that for First Division clubs it's a paltry sum that would be easy to reject but he said for some clubs in Division 3 this matched the income they get....now I didn't write from where but I think it was through the gate but I'm open to stand corrected on that.

There was also some discussion about the settlement figure with the SFL and how they could throw this back but how losing the settlement money could bankrupt the SFL. The settlement figure is £2m per annum index linked. I wasn't paying attention by this point cause I was sketching a head with horns on it. It wasn't something I was aware I was doing but I've noticed it there on my pad when I've got home.

The only other thing I wrote down was "Peter Lawwell is a p***k" - it's not a direct quote from anyone but that was certainly the tone of what was being said I think.

I asked questions as we went along. I challenged the statement Gilmour made that had he known about the financial meltdown at Ibrox in March St Mirren could have been better sorted for this. I said "really? You couldn't see this coming with Rangers Tax Case and a £96m debt?" and he said the legal advice they had was that the Rangers tax case could go on for another five years. The lawyers were that Harper mob....dunno if it was Ross Harper cause I didn't write it down but I think it's the mob Celtic use that also work with the SPL.

I asked Gilmour about the fact they were ignoring the 10000hours poll. I said 95% told St Mirren they didn't want Rangers to be parachuted in anywhere and that even with financial consequences there was a solid 80% against it. George Campbell said that St Mirren fans didn't know the full picture and when they did he was sure the poll results would be different. I stressed I wouldn't be taking in any SPL matches and I think it was Drew said much the same thing but the board didn't seem to think it would amount to much.

There were other questions asked round the table but I'll leave it for those forum members to post what they asked and what the response was and how they felt about it.

sooooo

you sell your old stadium to a supermarket clearing all your debts. Said Supermarket also pays for your new stadium

3 years down the line and you could collapse because one football team wont visit your ground.

what the fuck were their board playing at?

sooooo

you sell your old stadium to a supermarket clearing all your debts. Said Supermarket also pays for your new stadium

3 years down the line and you could collapse because one football team wont visit your ground.

what the fuck were their board playing at?

Your missing the side issue of

2013 Stewart Gilmour sells club to supporters consortium.

Is he just worried he'll get a bit less cash in his back pocket?

The more I read the more I am being pushed towards walking away from Scottish football. The whole game is corrupt from top to bottom and I do not know if I can justify putting anymore money into the game even it Newco are put into division three as the same corrupt and incompetent clowns will still be running the game.

From Chris McLaughlin on Twitter: "Neil Doncaster admits there's a chance that no firm decision will be taken today."

What price there being a delay to the start of the season until certain people have what they want?

In that case then a  number of us have surely attended our last SPL game.

I for one am playing more and more golf on Saturdays and on days when I can't get to golf in the einter then I'm off to watch junior football.

If the SPL postpone the vote I would encourage the SFL to cancel their meeting next week as there is nothing to vote on. Until they know whether or not Seveco will need to apply to the SFL there is no need for a vote.  They should just get on with their league season, state it is now too late to allow a new club to enter at any level and tell the SPL to go fuck themselves

If the SPL postpone the vote I would encourage the SFL to cancel their meeting next week as there is nothing to vote on. Until they know whether or not Seveco will need to apply to the SFL there is no need for a vote.  They should just get on with their league season, state it is now too late to allow a new club to enter at any level and tell the SPL to go fuck themselves

As Turnbull Hutton has said, the SPL are trying to get the SFL to make the decision for them.  Even though, there is nothing to vote on because newco has yet to be officially rejected from the SPL.  It looks like the SPL want to know what the SFL will do first.

What a farce.

Chicken and egg scenario..........

As you've said SFL have fuck all to vote on until SPL do their part.

Bunch of cowardly self serving/preserving bastards......with a couple of exceptions (Stewarty and Mad Vald)

Are Stewarty and Romanov the only ones not in these conference calls then?

In fairness Tyrant, that is only me putting two and two together on the grounds, that Mad Vlad will stand firm, and Milne has issued his follow up statement reconfirming our position. Not heard anything from any of the other since their initial statements.

In fairness Tyrant, that is only me putting two and two together on the grounds, that Mad Vlad will stand firm, and Milne has issued his follow up statement reconfirming our position. Not heard anything from any of the other since their initial statements.

St Johnstone reconfirmed there position in last couple of days.