Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Enjoyed it, but wouldn't go that far tlg!  Was a bit too cheesy at the end. Good film though. Saw it at the dominion in Edinburgh, what a cinema that is! Whole room full of lay-zee boys!

I saw it the local independent Eden Court which is unspectacularly nice, i'll make a point of visiting the Dominion at some point as it sounds great.  Re Rogue 1 well I'm quite the sci-fi geek and i thought they completely nailed it, the only thing I could remotely bicker with was the Tarkin CGI looked a little 2007.  Other than that it was the star wars film I've been waiting for pretty much my entire adult life so, respectfully, I have to disagree with your assessment and stand by my own.......  I'm sure you understand. ;D

Going to see the first Trainspotting at the Grosvenor in Ashton Lane next Tuesday night.  Then going to see the new one on the 28th at the same place.  I'm not a massive fan of going to the cinema but I love the Grosvenor, comfy and you can have a drink.  Really looking forward to the new film.

Watching Trainspotting tonight... one my all time favourite movies. Havent seen it in about 10 years, though forgot how grim it actually is. The dead baby scene never seemed to affect me when i was younger, but its absolutely brutal.

Watching Trainspotting tonight... one my all time favourite movies. Havent seen it in about 10 years, though forgot how grim it actually is. The dead baby scene never seemed to affect me when i was younger, but its absolutely brutal.

Every time I watch it, it seems to get better. Yes, it's dated somewhat but not to the point where it's unrealistic. One of my top 5 films, hands down.

Always liked the grosvenor Bobby, another classic cinema. Hope you enjoy the show!

If you think Trainspotting the film is grim, Irvine Welsh's books are twenty times worse.

Or twenty times better, depending on how you see it.

His literature is harrowing but for me he is one of the best writers ever, and not just of the Scottish writers.

A genius who broke the mould by dealing in a side of reality that nobody else had done.

I've now seen Silence,  Paterson, Lion and La La Land

All of them pretty good actually - I do love Oscar season

Manchester By the Sea next........

Heard good things about Silence, well, maybe that's not the right word but certainly a film i'd like to see.  The quality of film coming out at this time of year is always great  :thumbsup:

Guys i wud recommend Patriots Day.

True story about the Boston marathon bombs.

Didnt realise a lot of the aftermath stuff.

Crazy

:o

Watched that the other day, really good!

Sully. Also very good

Hacksaw ridge, also enjoyed that.

Moonlight, no comment, other than the wife is no picking another movie again for a while.

Nocturnal animals, shite

Guys i wud recommend Patriots Day.

True story about the Boston marathon bombs.

Didnt realise a lot of the aftermath stuff.

Crazy

:o

Watched it last night.

Really enjoyed it and loved the format it was done in.

Good mixture of actual footage in the mix.

The end section of interviews with the real people involved as they are now was a real bonus.

All in gets a four out of five stars from me

I've fairly been knocking out the movies lately... in just over a week i've watched...

La la Land - don't get the hype at all, it was a'right.

Hands of Stone - pretty good.

Sully - slow burner but superb real life story

Magnificent 7 - very good

8 Days a week - brilliant. Didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as i did. Didn't appreciate just how huge Beatle Mania was!

we were trying to work out if the lawyer woman(no,thats my hourly rate) was the same woman that played Rentons girfriend from T1?

It is indeed the same actress, Kelly MacDonald.

Great follow up, complimented the original film superbly, although if you read the books of Irvine Welsh you have to wonder what the fuck was going on with the film.

The scene in the orange lodge was brilliant, but sadly they were probably not far off the mark in how the cretins who frequent these places behave for real.

Just watched the latest Jason Bourne film and Suicide Squad.

Jason Bourne - while it's a good watch with excellent stunts etc it just makes you realise even more, if you've seen one of the Bourne movies, you've seen them all.

Suicide Squad - felt like turning it off before the half way point but there's a super tidy bird in it (Leo Di Caprios wife in Wolf of Wall Street) so i kept watching to the end. It's to do with Super Heros so obviously fantastical shite but watchable.

I thought T2 was good, but not great.  There were some exceptionally funny moments in it - the huns scene was superb - and there were some really heartbreaking moments too (Spud's letter, for example) but I found some of it clumsy, too jumpy. 

Spud and Begbie are great characters superbly played but I'm not convinced with Renton and Sick Boy. There seemed a lack of depth to them.

Would like to see it again soon to see if I still thought the same but I'd give it 6.5/10. 

Saw Trainspotting 2 last night and thought it was excellent. Very different from the 1st, but it still had that darkness about it. Absolutely hilarious in some scenes (hun scene) and really sad in others. My favourite character Begbie, although much older, was still scary as shit. Awesome. 10/10 for me.

Also watched Hacksaw Ridge at weekend - 8/10

Allied - 8/10

Patriots day - 7/10