Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah you said 7/10 and I said it had to be 8+ to tempt me. But another good mate was raving about Leo and said he was bound to get the Oscar so what the hell.

Agree with you that the scenery was stunning and agree it was a bizarre film.

Don't agree with the sentiments that he'll finally get an Oscar for this. Yes he's got beautiful eyes and boy did they focus on that, every single lighting shot designed to show it but since when was acting ability about God-given?

Fucking terrible film. Vacuous and pointless. Nothing happened. Plotless.

Warned You! Interesting film but not sure it's great.

Saw Steve jobs the other day. I thought it was good and probably a more accurate portrayal of him as a likely penis.

Have you ever seen pirates of silicon valley manc?  It's pretty much a straight to dvd movie about the rise of Microsoft and Apple  but I really enjoyed it.

No worries.  Did the film make much mention of his adoption manc?

Not at all actually! Not that I remember at least.

I still really want to see Spotlight, Hateful Eight, The big short and Deadpool.

Saw Trumbo last night, a very, very good film which seems to have gone under the radar! Even better that it is actually a true story. About a guy who was a very popular screenwriter in the 40/50s who was a member of the American communist party. Excellent cast too.

trumboposter.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to seeing Deadpool last night.  Worth the hype, its beautiful satire on so many levels.  I also couldn't help but note how many superhero movie trailers there were pre film.  It had to be about 3/4 of them at least, and the the words over saturated came to mind by the end of them.  Interestingly Deadpool is set to take more money than the last, and highest grossing, x men movie.

I finally got around to seeing Deadpool last night.  Worth the hype, its beautiful satire on so many levels.  I also couldn't help but note how many superhero movie trailers there were pre film.  It had to be about 3/4 of them at least, and the the words over saturated came to mind by the end of them.  Interestingly Deadpool is set to take more money than the last, and highest grossing, x men movie.

Totally agree, it was worth the hype even though I'm not much of a comic book fan at all, thought it was hilarious.

Fingers crossed the planned sequel proves to be just as good.

Totally agree, it was worth the hype even though I'm not much of a comic book fan at all, thought it was hilarious.

Fingers crossed the planned sequel proves to be just as good.

I knew nothing about deapool before I went to see it which added to the experience..... I've been thinking about it a lot the past few days and it's really hard to think of any real flaw to the film.  It's defo going to be remembered as a classic in future years.

In the last couple of days watched two animated films from entirely different eras.

The Jungle Book (1967) Walt Disney's last film he oversaw, loved this as a lad and still have the misty-eyed fondness

Big Hero 6 (2015) What a difference in animation, but still tells a story, loved it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...