Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Rape is worse than assault. 

Ok, I’m not convinced Rico. Tell that to the guy who Gallagher battered with a baseball bat who had a bleeding brain and 20 odd staples to fix his head wounds. It’s like arguing whether paedos or murderers are worse, there’s no real point. Why it is ok for Gallagher to represent Scotland and the Dons but Goodwillie gets it in the neck over signing for Raith is beyond me. Both are total animals, just monsters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Ok, I’m not convinced Rico. Tell that to the guy who Gallagher battered with a baseball bat who had a bleeding brain and 20 odd staples to fix his head wounds. It’s like arguing whether paedos or murderers are worse, there’s no real point. Why it is ok for Gallagher to represent Scotland and the Dons but Goodwillie gets it in the neck over signing for Raith is beyond me. Both are total animals, just monsters.

When I was about 11\12, I knew a girl a year or so older . She kept herself to the outside of a friendship group, but spoke to one of the other girls and told her she liked me, so we ended up chatting for a few weeks/months. Turned out she lived with her granny, as her Dad was in prison. I didn’t ask but eventually she wanted me to know she was moving away, after her Dads trial, but couldn’t say what he’d done. She said “ It's the only thing he could have done that’s worse than murder”. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd say it's because of this we should be vocal. We were wrong. I still attended dons matches, when I should have told them to go and fuck themselves. I had read what he'd done, and read the interviews his victim had given - refusing her own anonymity. Yet in the years that followed, we all sat in a ground with other fans singing "we know she said yes" and "he shags who he wants". It was a fucking stain, and we should be embarrassed. The fact that as a club and individually (I don't speak for everyone, just me), we're hypocrites, is neither here nor there. We can still be both vocal and severely critical of Raith because we've seen first hand the reality of it and can look back on it self critically. 

I agree with this - something as a club we should never have entertained and as a fan that we should have been mortified about 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

That's fair enough, you're probably right about the two crimes. I probably instinctively, and incorrectly, feel that two blokes fighting and one getting hurt is somehow more acceptable, but it isn't (and often the fight is just a one sided battering by a bigger guy).

The main difference between the cases would be the subsequent sentence and charge. Gallagher has faced justice as laid out by the system and - in theory - is rehabilitated to the extent required to free him. Goodwillie has never faced justice. He's too frightened to. He'll know what he's done, but if he shows contrition admitting to what he did, then he'll be charged and go to prison. Unless he's willing to do that, then he can stay in purgatory - he can't possibly be rehabilitated. That's his difficult choice, he can't have his cake and eat it. I'd feel differently if he'd done his prison time. Probably.

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Goodwillie back to Clyde on loan. Doesn’t seem to be going down too well, although apparently the Clyde fans kicked up a fuss when they heard the club had initially rejected the chance to take him back.

I'm guessing they'll be split down the middle. Plenty of Clyde fans weren't happy first time around, but they weren't listened to. He can probably ply his rapey trade at that level without too much publicity, but he can count himself lucky.

On 01/03/2022 at 19:44, RicoS321 said:

I'm guessing they'll be split down the middle. Plenty of Clyde fans weren't happy first time around, but they weren't listened to. He can probably ply his rapey trade at that level without too much publicity, but he can count himself lucky.

North Lanarkshire Council, who own Clyde's ground, are banning him from the stadium and have also said they won't renew the lease when Clyde's contract expires next May.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Jute said:

Hearts allegedly signing Shankland from Beerschot for £500k. Bit of a gamble. 

That's a McInnes type signing. Very Stevie May. Reached his limit years ago (not a criticism, he's worked very hard and done well). £500K is a rip off.

Hearts have some guy (Jorge Grant) from Peterbrough. Fans seem very excited and they seem gutted to lose him. Also from the forest academy. Suppose I never thought about it, but I never realised you needed intl clearance for English players from England? 

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

Hearts have some guy (Jorge Grant) from Peterbrough. Fans seem very excited and they seem gutted to lose him. Also from the forest academy. Suppose I never thought about it, but I never realised you needed intl clearance for English players from England? 

He has a foreign name. Clearance required.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Jutes get Steven Fletcher and the Welsh boy as well probably. Pretty solid business you would have to say

Not sure how good Fletcher is at 35, but he might be good foil for Tony Watt.

Getting Levitt on a two-year deal is very good business, even if they cash in next summer.

Could be a right interesting battle between Hearts, Hibs and United for fourth next season behind Scotland's big three...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Panda said:

Not sure how good Fletcher is at 35, but he might be good foil for Tony Watt.

Getting Levitt on a two-year deal is very good business, even if they cash in next summer.

Could be a right interesting battle between Hearts, Hibs and United for fourth next season behind Scotland's big three...

Fletcher is only 35 ?

Thought he was about 38 😵