Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

Sevco have an exceptional record of signing up highly rated players who you'd think would do well for them only for them to do the square root of feck all but cost them a fortune (Templeton, O'Halloran just a couple off the top of my head), here's hoping Murphy falls into that category!

Shirley with the dhims signing the boy Morgan that's going to make Christie realise he is getting further away from a first team slot?! I'd be happy if we didn't sign anyone else in this window as long as we got Christie!

You look at the Celtic signing plus you hope GMS and McGinn can help convince Christie pittodrie is the place to be.

Does anyone actually have proof of all the salaries and transfers being thrown around with Rangers? Million pounds transfers and a shit ton of weekly wage money, where is this info coming from?

Mods, modddddddddddddddddddsss

The January transfer windae thread in the Dons page has turned into a discussion about a hun signing, with this one being turned into a dons' signing discussion. It's a disgrace. We look like amateurs. In terms of forum discussions. I despair.

Mods, modddddddddddddddddddsss

The January transfer windae thread in the Dons page has turned into a discussion about a hun signing, with this one being turned into a dons' signing discussion. It's a disgrace. We look like amateurs. In terms of forum discussions. I despair.

You’ve beat me to it. Am just about to move this into the relevant threads  :thumbsup:

You look at the Celtic signing plus you hope GMS and McGinn can help convince Christie pittodrie is the place to be.

Does anyone actually have proof of all the salaries and transfers being thrown around with Rangers? Million pounds transfers and a shit ton of weekly wage money, where is this info coming from?

This bit in particular does amaze me. Not sure how folk find this out but i'd be interested to know. Although it wouldn't surprise me if there were press leaks to try and make them seem like a credible outfit.

I see he's joining on loan until the end of the season, then it turns permanent?  I presume that's when his deal is up and avoids the hunnery from actually having to pay for anything.

£142m for Coutinho, a) I don't think he's worth it and b) when / how will it stop?  Surely these fees cannot continue to increase?  He's a very good player, but fuck me, no cunt is worth that much.

I see he's joining on loan until the end of the season, then it turns permanent?  I presume that's when his deal is up and avoids the hunnery from actually having to pay for anything.

£142m for Coutinho, a) I don't think he's worth it and b) when / how will it stop?  Surely these fees cannot continue to increase?  He's a very good player, but fuck me, no cunt is worth that much.

Murphy's deal at Brighton runs to 2019 I think.

Murphy on loan until season end because Sevco failed a credit check and couldnt afford to pay the full fee up front now. They have an option to purchase in the summer once the deluded hordes pump their season ticket money in.

I thought their next 10 season's worth of season ticket money was already spent.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/former-aberdeen-star-james-maddison-11838647

Dubious source I know, but looks like he is destined for bigger things

Will always remember him for THAT goal.

There’s been quite a bit of chatter about him and given the form he’s in this season I’d say it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Good on him. We were lucky to have him for the time we did  :thumbsup:

He started on fire but his performances tailed off and in the last 2 months of his loan he was mainly used as an impact sub......but had very little impact. I really wasn't all that fussed when Norwich took him back in the January.

Can't say I've seen his performances since though obviously he has been mentioned a fair bit in the press recently. I hope he has filled out in the past year, always felt that he was too slightly built to have any chance of really hitting the big time.

He started on fire but his performances tailed off and in the last 2 months of his loan he was mainly used as an impact sub......but had very little impact. I really wasn't all that fussed when Norwich took him back in the January.

Same for me. Nothing about his ability - he clearly has a lot of talent, but I just don't think he suited our style; we always wanted to keep the ball moving and have the early pass played, he always wanted to hold on to it.  Good luck to him though, I hope he goes far.

Shiftkey to Motherwell? Half decent I suppose. Always thought he was massively inconsistent and would be a frustrating player to have in the team

Similarly (inconsistent) Cummings, going to the hun. Along with Russell Martin who's pretty solid. A couple of decent additions that'll strengthen their squad.

Apparently cross border loans are treated the same as a full transfer therefore you can have as many as you can afford.....

Ah ok. Cheers TC

Did wonder about that, because did they not take five players from Newcastle back in the Ashley/Sports Direct days

Ah ok. Cheers TC

Did wonder about that, because did they not take five players from Newcastle back in the Ashley/Sports Direct days

That's probably when they changed the rules to allow it.

In terms of the hun purchases, these loans look more like structured deals to allow them to pay for the players when they can actually afford them post season ticket sales

Hearing that the offer to Kilmarnock for Jordan Jones is actually less than £150k cash up front and loads of really rediculous add ons based on events highly unlikely to ever materialise.

Hope Killie play hard ball here. Also hope Hamilton tell them to fuck off regarding Docherty unless it's all the cash up front.

Hearing that the offer to Kilmarnock for Jordan Jones is actually less than £150k cash up front and loads of really rediculous add ons based on events highly unlikely to ever materialise.

Hope Killie play hard ball here. Also hope Hamilton tell them to fuck off regarding Docherty unless it's all the cash up front.

It doesn't matter what the bid is what they hope to achieve is turning the players head in the hope that they try and force a move through, then we hear the usual shyte of them supporting them since he was a boy. The good thing is nowadays is that players are beginning to see moving to either of the bigot brothers isn't quite the dream move they may once have thought.

It doesn't matter what the bid is what they hope to achieve is turning the players head in the hope that they try and force a move through, then we hear the usual shyte of them supporting them since he was a boy. The good thing is nowadays is that players are beginning to see moving to either of the bigot brothers isn't quite the dream move they may once have thought.

What makes you say that players are starting to think a move to the old firm isn’t that good? Jack just did it, the boy from St Mirren did too. Totally think Christie wants to be back at Celtic even though I see him having a similar impact to Jonny Hayes. Sadly they are both still a huge attraction and in Rangers case in particular, despite all of what they have been through.