Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Golf an that

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Tenerife every year Funster. Golf Del Sur is average except for the links of the 3 9 holes. I like Amarilla, a right good test of straight hitting but the greens were pish last year.

Adeje is probably the best course and yes, in winter that's the going rate.

We tend to block book and you can usually wangle a deal, especially now as the island is not half as busy as it used to be.

Is that the course near Playa de las Americas/Los Cristianos?  If so, it certainly looks nice!

It does Kow, very nice, played one round since November, going off my head!

Bilbo, I just couldn't bring myself to cough that dough for a round, I'd rather pay that for an excellent links here during the season but I liked the look of Adeje and Amarilla.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12265120

The new Castle Stuart golf course near Inverness has pulled off a major coup by winning the right to stage the Barclays Scottish Open in July.

The event has the potential to attract tens of thousands of spectators and be watched by a TV audience of millions.

The links course on the Moray Firth only opened fully last year.

The open has been played at Loch Lomond for the last nine years but financial difficulties there saw the European Tour begin the search for a new venue.

Anyone played on the Castle Stuart course?

looks bonny in the pictures and the Firth sets it off, http://www.castlestuartgolf.com/photogallery.html

Reminds me a bit of Buckpool GC which I grew up on, but much nicer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12265120

Anyone played on the Castle Stuart course?

looks bonny in the pictures and the Firth sets it off, http://www.castlestuartgolf.com/photogallery.html

Reminds me a bit of Buckpool GC which I grew up on, but much nicer.

Bad news for me as Loch Lomond is only a couple of hours away from me and the Scottish Open was easily the closest world class sporting event. Still, if it helps get Tiger to play then I'm sure Barclays will get over the fact that I won't be there to watch.

Not quite as disappointing as sitting in the clubhouse yesterday with a new record score for our winter league's two-ball better-ball competition, which last for a full 10 mins until the last game of the day came in a beat us with a better inward half  :hammer:

• 1 month later...

Great work by Luke Donald in the WGC Match Play last week to get himself to 3rd in the world.  The rankings certainly make good reading now.  When was the last time, indeed has it ever happened, that the top 4 in the World are all European?  On top of that 6 of the Top 10 are European and we have 2 Scots in the Top 100 for the first time in a number of years  :thumbsup:

Men's world rankings, 27 Feb

1 Martin Kaymer    Ger  8.36 pts ave

2 Lee Westwood      Eng  8.16

3 Luke Donald      Eng  6.64

4 Graeme McDowell  NI  6.44

5 Tiger Woods      US  6.32

6 Phil Mickelson    US  6.23

7 Paul Casey        Eng  6.02

8 Rory McIlroy      NI  5.65

9 Steve Stricker    US  5.49

10 Matt Kuchar      US  5.20

Great work by Luke Donald in the WGC Match Play last week to get himself to 3rd in the world.  The rankings certainly make good reading now.  When was the last time, indeed has it ever happened, that the top 4 in the World are all European?  On top of that 6 of the Top 10 are European and we have 2 Scots in the Top 100 for the first time in a number of years  :thumbsup:

Men's world rankings, 27 Feb

1 Martin Kaymer    Ger  8.36 pts ave

2 Lee Westwood      Eng  8.16

3 Luke Donald      Eng  6.64

4 Graeme McDowell  NI  6.44

5 Tiger Woods      US  6.32

6 Phil Mickelson    US  6.23

7 Paul Casey        Eng  6.02

8 Rory McIlroy      NI  5.65

9 Steve Stricker    US  5.49

10 Matt Kuchar      US  5.20

Never been a big fan of Donald, always suspected him of being a bit weak but he has played some excellent stuff in the last year and was arguably the best player at the Ryder Cup.

Getting to that time of year again, reluctantly bought myself a shiny new driver yesterday because my old one's not really legal any more.

What are you boys hitting off the tee, and how's it working out for you?

FORE!

Getting to that time of year again, reluctantly bought myself a shiny new driver yesterday because my old one's not really legal any more.

What are you boys hitting off the tee, and how's it working out for you?

FORE!

3, mostly...  :(

I desperately need a new driver too, the one i have just now is too whippy for how fast my swing is and as a result I hit it right half the time. Trying to correct that has taken about 20-30 yards off my drives.  So if anyone can recommend a good, affordable driver with a stiff shaft (oo-er) I would appreciate it.

what kind did you get CtS?

I was hitting a Callaway ERC Hot, now not allowed in competition due to the technology (although the pro I spoke to said it was ridiculous), so I went with the Callaway Diablo Octane...

prdlge_7669.jpg

It worked ok in the demo bay down at the driving range anyway.

It's a pity because my driving has always been sound, best part of my game, just hope this one works on the course as well as the last.  Now if only someone could teach me to putt...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...