Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Target Hitman "Kevin Kyle" signs for .....

Fuck him...........next

Scotland striker Kevin Kyle set for Hearts switch after agreeing Tynecastle deal

Jun 3 2010 Exclusive by Craig Swan

Kevin Kyle last night agreed to join his old gaffer Jim Jefferies at Hearts.

The 28-year-old striker has spent the past three weeks sifting through a host of offers after his contract at Kilmarnock expired.

Now the former Scotland attacker has plumped for Gorgie.

Kyle's terms have been agreed with the Tynecastle hierarchy and Record Sport understands the hitman will undergo a medical today.

Should there be no fitness complications, the striker will pen a deal before the end of this week.

Kyle's decision brings an end to almost a month of speculation regarding his future.

Greek sides Xanthi and Kavala both made contract offers while English outfit Charlton Athletic launched a late move.

In the SPL, Aberdeen were also interested in taking the big striker to Pittodrie but boss Mark McGhee pulled out the chase due to financial restraints.

And former Killie boss Jefferies, who helped revive Kyle's flagging career by taking him to Rugby Park 18 months ago, has now convinced the player to rejoin him at Tynecastle .

Kyle's capture will add much-needed firepower to a side that has struggled for goals in the past two seasons.

Jambos gaffer Jefferies looked at freed Cardiff ace Warren Feeney, while Burnley pair Robbie Blake and Steven Thompson were also on the radar.

But Kyle, who was available on a free transfer, was a more viable option.

Meanwhile, Hearts defender Ismael Bouzid is to snub a move abroad and remain at Hearts to see out the final year of his contract.

The Algerian's agent Thomas Boehm said: "Ismael will stay in Edinburgh for another year. We had interest in him but have to respect he is under contract.

"Hopefully he'll have a good season and we will see next year what is going on."

Hearts = scottish Portsmouth.

It will all come to a head and bite them in the ass. If Kyle and the boy from Falkirk were stupid enough to go there, knowing romanov and their unusual debt arrangements then they have only looked at short term gain and not their careers. I await the hearts players not paid headlines again this season.

When they go under how we'll laugh !!

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1777924/?UserKey=

Kevin Kyle said his decision to reject Aberdeen and big-money offers from overseas to sign for Hearts was based on family and not finances.

Dons manager Mark McGhee was desperate to land the out-of-contract Scotland international on a free transfer from Kilmarnock this summer but found himself up against stiff opposition from clubs in Turkey, Greece, China, Russia and Hungary, as well as England.

The 29-year-old forward opted to turn down more money elsewhere to team up again with his former Rugby Park manager Jim Jefferies at Tynecastle. While working again with Jefferies and assistant Billy Brown was undoubtedly a factor in him agreeing a two-year deal with Hearts, it was a decision he insists was made to maintain his happy off-field life as much as to realise his on-field ambitions.

With girlfriend Lynn pregnant and son Max living in Sunderland, Kyle was keen not to uproot from his Cumbernauld home. He said: “I seriously considered going abroad. Money-wise it was too much to just turn away. I don’t know where these foreign teams get their money, they’ve got it. I had teams from Turkey, Greece, China, Russia, Hungary and England interested.

“I said to my partner ‘Imagine going there for two years and earning that kind of money and then coming back to a better life’.

“But she said money’s not the most important thing in life. I phoned my friends and got their advice and they said ‘Is she daft? I’ll come and live with you for two years’.

“But one weekend my wee boy Max was playing with the local kids in the street. Just to see how happy he was and how happy my missus is, I thought why upset that to move abroad for the sake of a few extra pounds when really we’re happy and settled here?

“My missus has got a job and we’ve just found out she’s expecting a baby. That was it and then Jim phoned and it’s probably the happiest I’ve ever felt, signing for Hearts and knowing where my future would be for the next two years without having to move.

“It’s just a great feeling, if my family is happy off the pitch and I’m happy off the pitch that relates on the pitch and everything will go well for me. I was offered at one point £206,000 net in Russia. How could you turn that down?

“I’ve come to Hearts for way less than what Mark McGhee was talking about in the papers and I think that shows I’m here to play football and enjoy my football.”

Kyle’s 18-month spell with Kilmarnock ended in acrimony after a very public spat with chairman Michael Johnston in January, with claim and counter claim about behind-the-scenes talks between the pair regarding manager Jefferies and his tactics. Johnston’s subsequent media appearances enraged Kyle, who claims he decided there and then he could not continue working for the Rugby Park club.

He said: “When I heard the chairman, I stopped and listened and some of things that came out of his mouth I just couldn’t believe. I was raging and it really hurt me.”

“Jim Jefferies ended up at Hearts, at a bigger club, with far more prospects and opportunities, and I’ve ended up alongside him. So, all in all, it’s worked out best for both of us.”

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1777924/?UserKey=#ixzz0qWhDxmwT

WTF is it with these dozy cnuts? It's not exactly a horrendously long drive on dirt tracks to get to Aberdeen is it? Hell I manage to regularly get from west of Fort William to the Silver city for work etc.

Have any of these "dinna want to leave the central belt byraway" morons ever looked at a fucking map!

Not that I'm saddened we didn't get Kyle, but it seems thick footballer's, or their money grabbing satan's-spawn agents, have no idea what's north of Stirling!

WTF is it with these dozy cnuts? It's not exactly a horrendously long drive on dirt tracks to get to Aberdeen is it? Hell I manage to regularly get from west of Fort William to the Silver city for work etc.

Have any of these "dinna want to leave the central belt byraway" morons ever looked at a fucking map!

Not that I'm saddened we didn't get Kyle, but it seems thick footballer's, or their money grabbing satan's-spawn agents, have no idea what's north of Stirling!

Look at the problems it caused us with Jackie McNamara.

Mibbe its jusst me but I really am getting more and more pissed off we Hearts.

Not just cause of Kyle, but every year that goes by i feel more and more hostility towards them!!!

They are right up on my hate list, nearly alongside the hunz  >:D

Its interesting he says that he accepted much less than £206,000 net at Hearts, can only assume he's only £2,500 - £3,000 or something, and that McGhee figure was inaccurate? Not seen the McGhee quote but thought his list of 100 targets included speaking to agents to know what they wanted so how could he get it wrong?

• 1 month later...

just to make you all feel a bit better I thought I'd share my story of today.

Stood outside the pro shop at westerwood ( cumbernauld ) with my mate and an old guy we let join us ( as it was mobbed and no tee time for him ). Kevin Kyle came up the drive, leant in the door and shouted to see if there was any chance of a tee time.

Sadly there wasn't, I thought for a second about offering a 4 ball but decided his pre season decision should harbour some consequence. ( as if living in cumbernauld isn't enough ). Poor boy had to cart all his gear back into his wee A5 and go home gutted.

just to make you all feel a bit better I thought I'd share my story of today.

Stood outside the pro shop at westerwood ( cumbernauld ) with my mate and an old guy we let join us ( as it was mobbed and no tee time for him ). Kevin Kyle came up the drive, leant in the door and shouted to see if there was any chance of a tee time.

Sadly there wasn't, I thought for a second about offering a 4 ball but decided his pre season decision should harbour some consequence. ( as if living in cumbernauld isn't enough ). Poor boy had to cart all his gear back into his wee A5 and go home gutted.

Good work lad.

Alternatively you could have let him play, accidently hit him during a practice swing or wait until he is standing to the right of you whilst you've got a wedge in your hand, and accidently shank one in his direction ;)

Good work lad.

Alternatively you could have let him play, accidently hit him during a practice swing or wait until he is standing to the right of you whilst you've got a wedge in your hand, and accidently shank one in his direction ;)

You should have let the cunt play, last time I was at Westerwood it was a fucking toilet!