Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Mair

Lee Mair never really lived up to the potential he was supposed to have, I remember there was a lot of hype surrounding this kid early in his career, injuries seem to have gotten the better of him though which is a shame as he did promise so much.  You've got to feel sorry for him as he was local and was not doubt elated at signing for his boyhood heroes.  Thanks Lee.

Decent signing for St Mirren I would have thought, good spl pro to help tighten up the defence.

Also notice this in the bbc article...

Aberdeen captain Scott Severin and fellow midfielder Jamie Smith are also out of contract.

Severin was expected to leave Pittodrie but could reconsider depending on who is appointed manager.

Let's hope so, a Scott Severin trying to impress a new manager could be a player worth having.

Let's hope so, a Scott Severin trying to impress a new manager could be a player worth having.

I would agree, and I'd hope the club appoint the right man to inspire him, but the problem is, only Scott Severin knows who is going to be good enough to do so.

Was never that impressed by Mair and do not think he will be much of a loss. Put in some turely awful turns in red but managed a few mediocre ones at the end. New manager should be able to find a better replacement without much problem.

Was never that impressed by Mair and do not think he will be much of a loss. Put in some turely awful turns in red but managed a few mediocre ones at the end. New manager should be able to find a better replacement without much problem.

I think his performances at the end of the season were far better than mediocre. He was outstanding the last 6 weeks or so of the season and really showed what an influential player he can be.

I think his performances at the end of the season were far better than mediocre. He was outstanding the last 6 weeks or so of the season and really showed what an influential player he can be.

So outstanding he managed to muster one single vote in all those games for man of the match...........

No one said he was the stand out player over a number of games though.

I know. I'm just pointing out he only got one vote in those six games where he was so 'influential'. Severin, Aluko, Maguire, Foster, Langfield, Vidal, Pawlett, Mulgrew, McDonald, Kerr, Duff, Miller and Paton (in that order) received more votes than him in those games. I dont think we will miss him at all.

It proves that only one person thought he was the standout player in one of those games.

Perhaps KGB's use of "influential" wasn't the right word, as few of our CB's rarely influence the game, but you can still have a good game without being man of the match. 

Langfield won player of the year but only got one MOTM through the DT poll..as a Yank might say, "go figure".

Good luck to Lee Mair

I think his best performance in a Dons shirt was against Bayern at home and this can be a proud memory for him. Like Duff he was a Dons fan and has worn the Red Jersey something we can only dream about.

I don't think we saw the best of him due to positional changes. Agree with Kowalski thought he was better than Considine, possibly the better of 2 evils at times.

Leaves us scarce in Central Defence now if Seve manages to con a doctor and get a contract somewhere else..

So outstanding he managed to muster one single vote in all those games for man of the match...........

Did I use 'outstanding' and 'influential'. Shows the pish that can be written when pished. In the cold light of day I clearly went overboard with the hyperbole. I meant to say he was solid in defence and played well ;D

Your use of the donstalk man of the match ratings to prove anything is an interesting approach though.