Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Free Transfers

Shamelessly nicked from Cheltenham's forum, (I'm even too lazy to type it out again so cutting and pasting). Because of the financial difficulties the club has had, and the resulting loss of the scouting network, MA has asked fans to email suggestions of potential signings, so there a few similar posts.

Club by club players released on free transfers.

Bristol City

Jennison Myrie Williams, David Noble, Dele Adebola

Bristol Rovers

Craig Disley, Joe Jacobson, Ryan Green, Craig Hinton

Wycombe Wanderers

Will Antwi, Scott McGleish, Leon Crooks, Robbie Rice, Magno Viera, Callum Botham, Darrell Ellams, Jamie Turley, Scott Shulton, Jordan Lumsden, David Pearce, Craig Read, James Reading

Swindon Town

Michael Pook, Lilian Nalis, Ben Joyce, Peter Brezovan, Chris Allen, Hamdi Razak, Blair Sturrock, Jack Smith, Jamie Vincent, Barry Corr, Sam Morris, Jake Hyde, Tom Evans

Brentford

Craig Dobson, Glenn Poole, Brett Johnson, Adam Newton, Gary Smith, Seb Brown, John Halls, Darren Powell and Craig Pead

Walsall

Stephen Hughes, Michael Ricketts, Paul Boertien and Hassan Bacchus

Northampton Town

Chris Doig, Leon Constantine, Colin Larkin, Greg Taylor

Yeovil Town

Luke Rodgers

Chester City

Ryan Lowe, Kevin Ellison, Paul Linwood, Laurence Wilson, James Vaughan, David Mozika

Crystal Palace

Ryan Carolan, James Dayton, Carl Fletcher, Scott Flinders, Paul Ifill, John Oster, James Scowcroft, Jamie Smith and David Wilkinson, Graeme Edwards, Kieron Thorp

Doncaster Rovers

Gordon Greer, Jason Price, Gareth Taylor, Darren Byfield, Tomi Ameobi

Barnet

Adam Birchall, Michael Leary, Nicky Nicolau, Ran Kadoch

Barnsley

Dennis Souza, Marciano van Homoet, Diego Leon, Kyle Letheren

Bradford

Rhys Evans, Mark Bower, Paul Heckingbotttom, Barry Conlon, Keith Gillespie, Kyle Nix

Bristol Rovers

Lewis Haldane, Sean Rigg, Andy Williams

Carlisle

Chris Lumsdon, Lewis Neal, Luke Joyce, Jeff Smith, Chris Howarth, Danny Carlton

Crewe

Chris McCready, Mark Carrington, Stuart Tomlinson, Josh Thompson, Luke Danville, Nathan Abbey, Colin Daniel, Eugen Bopp

Grimsby

Peter Till

Hartlepool

Jan Budtz, Arran Lee-Barratt, Jamie McCunnie, Joe Tait, Martin Young

Leyton Orient

Alton Thelwell, Wayne Gray, Paul Terry, Brian Saah, Danny Granville, Bradley Gray, Aiden Palmer, Solomon Shields

Macclesfield

Rikki Bains, Joaquin Medinilla-Cabotti, Ahmed Deen, Francis Green, Jordan Hafsfield, Neil Harvey, Chris First and James Jennings, Christian Millar, Danny Thomas, Jamie Tolley, Matt Towns, Richard Walker

Notts County

Gavin Strachan, Richard Butcher, Adam Nowland, Adam Tann, Jamie Forrester

Rotherham

Omar Garcia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hazard a guess that the reason that most of those players are being released is because they are  League one's equivalent(s) of David Bus.....

Although having said that there must be someone in the 100+ players that are listed there that could do a job for us?

Chances of AFC finding said player? Fuck all.

I don't know?

Luke Rodgers - a lot of unfulfilled early promise

Ryan Lowe - 16 goals in a relegated team

Paul Ifil - Decent right mid

John Oster - Worth a look

David Sousa - Likewise

Alton Thelwell - Not sure why Orient are releasing him

There's not a lot in there worthy of interest I suppose.

Where do you guys find the time ?

I barely know the starting 11 of the top 6 SPL clubs names let alone whether they are good enough or not. I get my two daughters names mixed up for fuck sake.

Baggy lives down south and follows Cheltenham  :thumbsup:  I imagine he gets to see a few folk playing ;)

I have no idea who most of them are but good work btw, want to pass them onto Jimmy :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hodgkiss to come back?

West Bromich Albion have told Carl Hoefkens, Pedro Pele and Jared Hodgkiss that their contracts will not be renewed when they expire this summer.

And on-loan pair Jay Simpson, 20, and Ryan Donk, 23, will be returning to Arsenal and AZ Alkmaar respectively.

Reserve striker Sherjill MacDonald is also set to leave, with Belgian side Germinal Beerschot keen to sign him.

Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace says he wants to reduce the number of senior players at the club from 30 to 21.

"Buying players is certainly a possibility but what has proved successful for us over the last few seasons is the strategy of loaning players with an option to buy them," he said.

"Players such as Ishmael Miller, Juan Carlos Menseguez and Youssouf Mulumbu fall in that category.

"This summer we want to bring people in who can further strengthen the team even though we have gone down a level."

Manager Tony Mowbray added: ""I would suggest working with 20 players is feasible. I've always said 20 players is fine as long as I like them all and they are my players.

"The emphasis can only be on quality. We have got some quality players. We haven't got 20 at the moment but we have to strive to reach that figure.

"If you get 20 really good footballers that you like, there should be no problem. I think the nucleus of this squad can play in the Premier League."

I would be delighted to see him replace Jamie Smith

Released by QPR after three months, released by Sunderland for a shite attitude and not given much of a chance at United mainly because of a shite attitude too.  No doubting his talent, but I'm not sure we can afford another big time Charlie... no pun intended.  ;)