Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Protest on Saturday 11th April

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How can someone with enough skin for four faces be faceless?

Ask that muppet Joe harper that, he is a waste of fucking space, "oooh this week I'll go with the flow, lets jump on the bandwagon and have ago at fans who want the club to do better"

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point trying to argue with most on here as you have the team you deserve lead by a couple of clowns, enjoy the top 6 party.

In the mean time you lot enjoy the top 6 party, don't get carried away now.

You sound like your spitting mad over all this MiniJC whats up?

Are you just upset that you haven't been invited to our big top 6 celebration party? Understandable really, missing such a huge event...

And you sound like someone who is happy with top 6 being classed as an Achievment in a 12 team league, we as ABerdeen football club should be trying to maintain a top 3 place and a cup final.

Jesus give yourself a shake min and stop regurgitating pish you read on the hat.

I very much doubt you would find even a single person here who is content at only finishing in the top 6, its pretty well documented that the goals this season were European qualification and success in the cups, now obviously the cups have gone tits up for us, but Euro qualification is still a possibility.  You seem to be using this top 6 pish as another shoddy argument against Calderwood and his expectations and quite frankly its bollocks that has grown from the ramblings of a minority of the support.

You keep mentioning this next level but can you suggest a single manager that can take us to this next level of regularly winning things and a sustained challange on the OF with out current budget? The fact is its pretty much impossible to do this with our current resources, a few more European adventures to reduce the debt allowing more investment in the team is pretty much the only way that we can kick on, at this stage we could have Mourinho in charge and we still wouldnt reach this "next level".  I'm not saying for a second that we should stop trying to improve or that i'm 100% happy with how things are just now but significant improvement is not a quick and easy process achievable by replacing calderwood.

It's a real shame that most of the aberdeen "supporters" spouting the same tired pish as you seem to be letting a dislike of calderwood get in the way of backing the team, after all isn't that what fans are meant to do? support the team? Whereas you just seem to be salivating at the thought of sacking Calderwood MiniJC, I honestly find that really quite sad....

*awaits tired "you lot will get the team you deserve blah blah blah..." response*

Both Miller and Calderwwod have branded fans as "unrealistic" for expecting us to get to a final of a cup and cement a european place, that is why I am upset and went along to protest, just a few on here seem to be alright settling for no change and top 6 as an achievment.

Both Miller and Calderwwod have branded fans as "unrealistic" for expecting us to get to a final of a cup and cement a european place, that is why I am upset and went along to protest, just a few on here seem to be alright settling for no change and top 6 as an achievment.

Both miller and calderwood have been quoted in the press as saying that a cup final and European qualification was the goal for THIS season.  The unrealistic expectations comment was in relation to the thought that we should be challenging for the league etc, which was i'll admit, a pish comment to come out with.  Doesn't change the fact that your twisting their words to suit your own petty arguments.

I don't expect us to go for the league just compete with the old firm, they have had it their own way for years now, we have no players that are hungry for success, no real ambition and a bunch of players that will happily do nothing and pick up £2k a week for that.

We need a team of winner or players that are willing to make the step up and fight for a place, under Jimmy noone gets that chance as he is happy having a team of yes men.

A win at home against the Tims, a narrow defeat away, two draws against the huns, doesn't really suggest capitulation does it?

Those are all irrelivent when we lose to Claey at home, Hamilton at home and away, get beat from Dunfermline, Killie and Hearts.

I don't expect us to go for the league just compete with the old firm, they have had it their own way for years now, we have no players that are hungry for success, no real ambition and a bunch of players that will happily do nothing and pick up £2k a week for that.

We need a team of winner or players that are willing to make the step up and fight for a place, under Jimmy noone gets that chance as he is happy having a team of yes men.

Did you pay even the slightest bit of attention to the point i made about having the resources to challenge the OF? its not an instant process Minj, and its not as simple as wanting to be challenging the OF. That kind of improvement can only be done in steps, the first one of those being regular European participation, which is what the team are currently trying at achieve.

Maybe i'll go support them then, actually no, I'll support my local team, go through the thick of it, pay good money to watch my team play shit and get the same old patronising pish from Willie Miller.

You seem to be doing a great job of this going on how you seem to be "supporting" the team. I don't think it was a coincidence at all that the team showed a bit of spark yesterday and that the football improved slightly after the crowd got behind the team a bit and became a bit more vocal in support of the players, instead of being very very quick to get on their backs.

Did you pay even the slightest bit of attention to the point i made about having the resources to challenge the OF? its not an instant process Minj, and its not as simple as wanting to be challenging the OF. That kind of improvement can only be done in steps, the first one of those being regular European participation, which is what the team are currently trying at achieve.I did, he has been here 5 years got europe once, how much more fucking years has he to be here to do this?  He got us 3rd yet nowhere near one of the worst rangers teams in history, we had to use a 40 year old to help us get in to europe that season aswell, bloody shocking stuff.

Funster, who can a man who failed to run a low class chipper be capable of running a football club?

I did, he has been here 5 years got europe once , how much more fucking years has he to be here to do this?  So you expected him to come in and take charge of a team that finished 11th the previous year and have them instantly challenging for Europe? He got us 3rd yet nowhere near one of the worst rangers teams in history, would that be the same season we were challenging for 2nd by christmas only to lose 3 key members of the first team? i'd wager that any team would struggle to sustain a challenge in that position. we had to use a 40 year old to help us get in to europe that season aswell, bloody shocking stuff.

Funster, who can a man who failed to run a low class chipper be capable of running a football club?

Things have to be taken in steps, i've said it 3 or 4 times already but you still seem blind to that. Aberdeen are still being taken, albeit slower than most would like.

I'm not saying Calderwood is doing a good job, or that he's doing a bad job, all i'm saying is that things are alot more complex than your making them out.

Happy with failure i assume?

find it quite funny that you already assume the team have failed a full 6 games before the season actually finishes.....

I don't want Calderwood here if he is going to take more than 5 years to get close to the old firm, FMFFS.

So who do you suggest we can bring in that can miraculously turn aberdeen into a team of world beaters capable of challenging the OF on the same budget as we currently have, i'll even let you ignore the fact the we would have to find the money to pay off the current management and pay the compensation required to sign this messiah you find us....

Go on then! :thumbsup:

I'm starting a protest in the chatroom in twenty minutes. I've emailed AFC and invited Jimmy to come along and speak to us, and I've also contacted various news outlets (The Record, The EE and The Beano). I'm expecting at least 150 people to turn up. See you all there at 10 past 12.